Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbk4894

Reaction score
Frank Lampard fears the Wembley crowd could still turn on England if the clash with Croatia does not go to plan.

Steve McClaren's men were expecting a hostile reception on Wednesday had England's Euro 2008 dream gone up in smoke on Saturday.

But victories for Israel and Macedonia over Russia and Croatia, respectively, have transformed the fortunes of Steve McClaren's side to such an extent that the crowd now appear set to get right behind the team.

Lampard, no stranger to the boo boys, realises he and his team-mates were a post's width away from being the target for fans' frustration.

He said in the News of the World: "The fans would have wanted to vent their frustration and we, as players, would have had to accept that.

"But we are professionals. We must always stand tall, hold our heads up, take the flak and walk through it.

Difficult

"Yes, it would be a massive test of our character but we must face it and come through it. Obviously it will be difficult.

"No-one ever wants to be booed or abused. But we know that in the current climate it's a situation that's impossible to ignore.

"There was a very real prospect we'd be walking out on Wednesday night in front of 90,000 England fans who wanted to vent their anger and disappointment.

"There's still the chance that the mood of the England crowd will change if we don't get the result we want, that we need against Croatia.

"So we must be ready to take it and deal with it."

Abuse

Lampard remembers all to well the abuse aimed at manager McClaren during the qualifier against Andorra in March.

He said: "I was in the crowd in Barcelona watching the qualifier against Andorra and I witnessed the anger and bitterness of certain England fans close up. It was not a pleasant experience. It was ugly and poisonous.

"But you have to accept there's a chance that Wednesday night could be even more of an ordeal for the manager and the players."

He added: "I have endured a lot of abuse in my time. First when I was at West Ham and now that I am at Chelsea. I have developed a thick skin and I can deal with it now.

"It just doesn't sting me anymore like it did in my early years.

"But it will hurt me if the Wembley crowd turns against us."

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Unlucky Scotland tonight they outplayed them scummy, shitty Itaialins. How on earth was that a free kick against Hutton in the last minute. I am English but I feel that scotland have been cheated by those grease f***ers.

cheaters? and for what? Scotland's only goal wasn't even regular, Di Natale one was... counting that the right result should have been 0-3.also even 1-1 Scotland would have been out,instead of saying Italy cheated, learn how not to lose against Georgia, then come and play with real teams

hbk4894

Reaction score
England coach Steve McClaren has called up striker Darren Bent to his squad for the Euro 2008 qualifier against Croatia at Wembley on Wednesday.

Bent has been drafted in after Michael Owen was ruled out with a thigh injury picked up in the friendly 1-0 victory in Austria on Friday.

McClaren's injury concerns have been eased with defensive midfielder Owen Hargreaves being available.

Hargreaves had to pull out of the game against Austria with tendinitis.

phantomgerald

cheaters? and for what? Scotland's only goal wasn't even regular, Di Natale one was... counting that the right result should have been 0-3.also even 1-1 Scotland would have been out,instead of saying Italy cheated, learn how not to lose against Georgia, then come and play with real teams

Italy does not look like World cup winners, you got to admit it. And Scotland exceeded expectations anyway.

Reaction score
Italy never look like world cup winners,they did'nt look like world cup winners at germany 2006.But the point is they're effective.They don't create lots of chances but they manage to score with the few chances while keeping it tight at the back.With gattuso breaking the opponents play in midfield and pirlo orchestrating the play for totti to finish,in my book they are the actual favourites for euro 2008.They also have the best keeper in the world .But they do cheat a lot though:)

phantomgerald

I would think that Spain are favourites, and they qualified relatively easily. Maybe Portugal as well. And am I the only person who thinks that the gap between the small teams and big teams are getting smaller? None of the big teams like Germany, France and Holland looks like great teams, and it's the same in S america.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I don't think there is a clear favourite yet, the best two teams in the qualifiers so far have been Czech Rep and Croatia, every big country in the the groups have struggled.

Group A - Portugal
Group B - France/ Italy in matches but not results
Group C - Turkey
Group D - Germany (sort of)
Group E - England
Group F - Sweden and to a certian extent Spain
Group G - Holland.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Dirk Kuyt has become the fifth Liverpool footballer to be burgled in less than 18 months.

The 27-year-old striker's luxury home in Woolton was targeted on Thursday while he was away on international duty with home country Holland.

Merseyside Police confirmed they were investigating a burglary in Woolton.

The Merseyside home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's goalkeeper from the 2005 Champions League final penalty shoot-out, was burgled in June 2006.

The raid at Kuyt's house is the latest to see a footballer's home targeted in the city while the players are away at a match.

Burnt-out Porsche

Dudek, who now plays for Real Madrid, was on holiday in Poland when thieves took his Porsche car, jewellery and a large haul of football memorabilia from across his career, including his European Cup medal.

Pepe Reina was burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

He also had his Porsche taken during the raid, among other things, with the car later found burnt-out in West Derby.

Reds defender Daniel Agger had his Wirral home burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Paul Robinson will play no part in England's vital Euro 2008 qualifier against Croatia on Wednesday after being dropped by coach Steve McClaren.

Aston Villa's Scott Carson gets the nod for his first competitive start for England and Portsmouth stopper David James is on the bench at Wembley.

Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips replaces David Beckham on the right.

Gareth Barry, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard complete a five-man midfield, with Peter Crouch up front.

England team: Carson, Richards, Bridge, Campbell, Lescott, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Gerrard, Lampard, Joe Cole, Crouch.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Croatia 3 England 2.. i'm still shocked(and somehow i'm laughing)
sucks to see england out but this is football

phantomgerald

Playing Carson didn't help. It's quite obvious even his own team doesn't believe in the manager. Mourinho for ENGLAND MANAGER!!!!

the dark knight

^^why the rush?

fuck everything. 2nd loss at wembley in less than 3 months...

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Well there you go, Mclaren has been sacked this morning, he was a joke and the game last night proved it. We were totally technically inept, Croatia deserved the win. Mourinho is favourite for the job but the FA need to have a hard think about this one because we don't have another game till september so there is no rush. I am still gutted.