• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

Reaction score
it's too early to draw conclusions,we still have to play man utd in december.I'll draw my conclusions in january.If we are to be out of the title race completely we will find out in january after the rush of december games.Now it's just too early.Anyhow if we finish 5-6 points off the champions and we have won one of the cups i would consider it a successful season.The key is we don't finish 10-15 points behind the champions.If that's the case then rafa would be walking on thin ice.But for now it's just a case of being patient.

phantomgerald

I would expect them to be at least second or a close third. Fourth would be a disaster. Although I think even if he got third the owners will fire him. Remember that the Americans weren't the ones that hired him, and they probably want someone of their choice at the helm.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Graeme Souness is leading the way to replace Chris Hutchings at Wigan.

Latics chairman Dave Whelan chose to wield the axe on Monday morning, and speculation of Hutchings' replacement has been rife since the announcement.

Former Newcastle United boss Souness appears to be a dead cert for the job, with Sky Bet suspending the betting on the next Wigan boss.

Souness was installed as 1/2 favourite on Monday and, having laid him heavily, Sky Bet suspended at 1/4, with scarcely a bet laid on any other candidate.

Sky Bet's PR Director Dale Tempest said: "Souness ticks all the boxes for Wigan. He's experienced, immediately available and an appointment needs to be made as soon as possible so that Wigan can focus on climbing out of the relegation zone."

You can join the Sky Sports debate and have your say on Hutchings' exit and his potential successor here.

Superb guy

Meanwhile, Wigan chief executive Brenda Spencer has admitted that a poor run of form - six consecutive losses - cost Hutchings his job.

"It's basically the results, and it is unfortunate because Chris is a great guy, an absolutely superb guy," she told Sky Sports News.

"He has been here over six years and I'm led to believe he was a fantastic coach, and a really professional guy.

"At the end of the day what you get on the field with results is what counts."

hbk4894

Reaction score
Uefa are to investigate the tackle which forced Celtic midfielder Scott Brown out of the Champions League game with Benfica.

Augustin Binya was shown a straight red card by Swedish referee Martin Hansson for the challenge with five minutes of the match remaining at Celtic Park.

Afterwards, Brown accused his opponent of trying to break his leg and urged Uefa to take further action against the Benfica player.

Binya faces at least a one-match ban and, because he was sent off, the governing body will automatically investigate the incident and decide later this month whether he should face further sanctions.

Control

A Uefa spokesman confirmed: "We haven't received the reports of the referee or the match delegate yet but we always open a disciplinary case for a red card.

"This will be on the agenda of the next control and disciplinary body meeting on November 15.

"There will be at least a one-match ban but all red cards are judged individually so we will need to wait until the meeting to see if there will be a further ban."

hbk4894

Reaction score
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan wants Paul Jewell to make a sensational return to the JJB Stadium.

Jewell resigned as Latics manager the day after keeping them in the Premier League with victory in the final game of the season at Sheffield United.

Chris Hutchings stepped up into the hot-seat from his role as assistant under Jewell, but was dismissed after just 12 games following six successive defeats.

Jewell, who guided the Latics into the top-flight for the first time in their history and helped them reach the Carling Cup final in 2005, has admitted he is ready for a return to management after six months out of the game.

Relationship

Asked if the former Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday boss would be his first choice to replace Hutchings, Whelan told BBC Radio Five Live: "Absolutely."

He added: "If he applied for the job I'd certainly love to talk to Paul.

"I had a great relationship with him at Wigan Athletic.

"I'm delighted because if he is interested I'll be talking to him, certainly."

Nash blow

Meanwhile, Latics goalkeeper Carlo Nash has been ruled out for three months after breaking an ankle in a training ground accident.

The 34-year-old former Manchester City and Preston player fell awkwardly and twisted the joint, fracturing the fibula in his right ankle.

"It's a blow for Carlo who is a top pro and a great person to have at the club," said Frank Barlow, who is caretaker manager after Hutchings' sacking.

"But he will get over the setback I'm sure and soon be back challenging for his place. Our medical team are very experienced and will get him back fit."

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Here is a pic

192E8576-0C7E-FB9C-45513951B398254D.jpg

hbk4894

Reaction score
Nemanja Vidic has signed a two-year extension to his contract that will keep him at Manchester United until 2012.

The Serbia international defender, who signed from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, has been rewarded for a series of impressive displays at the heart of United's defence.

His partnership with Rio Ferdinand helped Sir Alex Ferguson's side claim the Premier League crown last season.

And the duo have again been rock-solid this season with only six league goals conceded and progress to the next stage of the UEFA Champions League already assured.

Privilege

Vidic told the club's official website: "Playing in this team is a great privilege. This is such a great club, I am delighted to be able to extend my stay here.

"The fans and everyone at the club have been very special to me. I hope I can do my bit to bring the club even more trophies in the years ahead."

And Ferguson added: "Nemanja has made a terrific impact at the club and has forged a partnership with Rio Ferdinand that was a major part in us winning the title last year.

"He is an extremely popular member of the squad both with staff and fans alike. It's great news that he wants to be part of this exciting side for years to come."

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Here is the England Squad for the friendly against Austria and the qualifer against Croatia

England squad: Robinson (Tottenham), Carson (Aston Villa), James (Portsmouth); P Neville, Lescott (Everton), Campbell (Portsmouth), A Cole, Bridge (Chelsea), Richards (Manchester City), Brown (Manchester United), Shorey (Reading); Beckham (LA Galaxy), Wright-Phillips, J Cole, Lampard (Chelsea), Bentley (Blackburn), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Manchester United), Barry, Young (Aston Villa), Downing (Middlesbrough); Smith, Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United)

Wrestling Station

i think its time for Carson to get his cap against Austria as its a friendly match, he needs it. But i have no doubt that Robinson will be in the goalie spot for that match, unfortunately.
----------------------
I hope Wayne Bridge plays as much time as needed in the international squad as he is imo is better than Ashley Cole recently.
----------------------
IMO, i think Gerard must start the match and keep Lampard as a substitute. Its a crucial mistake to place both of them at the start.
----------------------
Crouch must not play from the beginning, i think he would be more useful in the second half of the match