Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
I think the whole new players thing in the first couple of matches is more effective with managers. I have noticed a lot that if a new manager joins a shitty team like Derby then they win the first couple of matches and then they go back to being shit. The only time I haven't seen that happen is with Chelsea (who kept losing with Grant) and Sunderland (last year when they ended up getting promoted).

phantomgerald

Personally, I think that its how the players react to the new manager that makes the difference. When a respected manager is brought in, the players would perform better trying to impress him. After a few games though, they might lose their motivation and that is why their performances go back to normal. This can mainly be seen in Pardew/Charlton last year. Then there's the Curbs/west ham scenario where he has to win the players over before they start playing better. The last scenario would that the players not have faith of the manager from the start.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed he was interested in Carlos Tevez until Manchester United made their move for the striker.

The Argentina international joined The Red Devils last summer following a hugely successful second half of the season with West Ham.

Although Wenger was keen on bringing Tevez's quality to the Emirates, he opted against pursuing a deal once United's intent was confirmed.

With the likes of Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor set to start the season following Thierry Henry's exit, Wenger wanted to give the duo a confidence boost and the chance to impress.

"When I saw Manchester United on the case, I thought no," explained Wenger. "If they had not been on the case, yes.

"I would have analysed it and looked at how would it go. But it looked as if they were on the case early.

"However, I knew I had (Robin) Van Persie and Adebayor to play at the start. I wanted to give them confidence.

"Then I had (Nicklas) Bendtner behind and I wanted to give him confidence. [In the end] I looked for a player like Eduardo, who can play left wing, right or central."

Investigate

Meanwhile, Wenger wants to investigate whether there was a chance Adebayor could have left Arsenal last season for The Red Devils.

The French boss has confirmed no approach from Old Trafford was ever made for the 23-year-old Togo striker, who only extended his contract with the club back in May.

"I would first like to check that it's true," he continued.

"If it's not Adebayor, I think it's his agent. He had a contract at that time as well, anyway, and I have never been approached by Manchester United.

"He has extended his contract here since then."

Switchy

Reaction score
I think it will be a 2-2 draw or Man United will with 2-1. I can't see Arsenal's luck carrying on much longer. I am hoping for a draw because if Liverpool win they can close in on both teams by two points.

Reaction score
Im going with 1-1 or 2-1 to man united because the speed of Ronaldo and the strenth of Rooney and Teves will be a bit to much for them I think and the extra speed factor on the left if nani plays and ye it should be a good open attacking game I cant see these to sides being defensive minded for this matchbut having said that fabregas is playing well at the moment

phantomgerald

I have a feeling that they'll just play defensive though. I got a random suggestion for Ferguson. Play O'shea up front and pump long balls to him. Gallas and Toure are too short to compete with him, and when Arsene realises that, he'll send Senderos in and Manu can use Rooney/Tevez to terrorise that bald Swiss

hbk4894

Reaction score
West Ham v Bolton
3pm, Sunday, Sky Sports 1

This might just be the best time for Bolton to be playing West Ham.

The injuries the Hammers are suffering right now are terrible and to lose Mark Noble, Anton Ferdinand and Hayden Mullins in a Carling Cup tie in midweek was a hell of a blow.

It is not just squad players they are missing, it is first-choice, key men that are going down.

With something like a dozen players injured altogether, quite what side Alan Curbishley will send out, we will have to wait and see, but their problems are a rare piece of good news to have reached the Reebok this season.

And they need it. A watched a bit of Bolton on Wednesday night and from what I could see, Gary Megson hasn't really changed much. We all thought he would revert more to the Sam Allardyce mould, but against Man City, it didn't look as if much had changed.

It is very early days of course, but maybe this will be the game we see what way Megson is going to take them. If he is going to do what we all think, he needs Kevin Davies back. He was left out of the Carling Cup, which probably shows what that competition means to the Premiership's bottom club, but to me, he is an integral part of that Bolton side, especially if they are going to take that more direct route.

So far Megson has been quite smart with his key men. He has come out and said some very good things about both Nicolas Anelka and El Hadji Diouf, which was pretty shrewd. If they are going to get themselves out of trouble, he needs his best players on side - and his main goalscorer.

Sulk

Having spoken to players who have played with Anelka, he does throw the odd sulk now and then - hence the nickname - but so far this season he has looked happy, even with all the changes that have gone on. There's no doubt that when he is scoring he is a different prospect, it's just when the goals dry up that he starts to complain and talk about leaving.

And if those goals dry up, Bolton are in big trouble, even more than they are now. His free-kick last week proved he is top-drawer and probably the only player in Megson's squad capable of doing that (although Diouf hit the bar with a similar one on Wednesday), but the rest of the side simply aren't contributing.

It's not like they are shipping goals left right and centre either. They got beat by three against Newcastle on the opening day and again against Portsmouth, but since then have pushed Chelsea and indeed Arsenal. But when you are not scoring, it makes winning games very, very hard, no matter how good your defence or goalkeeper are.

It's hard to know what that defence will be up against on Sunday, but isn't it funny how all of a sudden, from not getting a look-in, Carlton Cole has now become central to West Ham's hopes.

Funny time

He has had a funny time of it, but maybe just maybe, he has found the right place. I have read this week that he himself thinks he has grown up a bit and he has certainly taken his chance since Dean Ashton got injured again. There are a lot of strikers on the books at Upton Park, but maybe now, Cole is at last going to prove to us just why Claudio Ranieri once said he was one of the best players he had worked with.

Elsewhere it will be a patched up midfield, but at least West Ham should be able to send out a decent backline. And in Robert Green and Jussi Jaaskaleinen, we have two of the Premier League's best goalkeepers on display.

Green has been a revelation this season and can consider himself unlucky not to be in the England squad. I don't think he's quite as low as sixth choice, but really he should be pushing Paul Robinson and David James, never mind making Steve McClaren's 22.

And although they are always a threat at home, West Ham might need him to show us all why come Sunday.

Le Tiss predicts

AWAY WIN - I am going to stick my neck on the line and go for a rare Bolton win on the road. It's not necessarily because I have seen any signs of recovery under Gary Megson, more to do with the fact that West Ham are struggling to send a side out! I can see this being extremely tight, with one goal settling it, but if Bolton can find a little bit of quality from one of their big players, they can nick this.

Matt's main man

NICOLAS ANELKA - His injury will be as big a worry to Bolton as all 12 of theirs are to West Ham. They have to get him fit because without him, you wonder where the goals will come from. If Megson goes with that 4-3-3 and has the Frenchman, Diouf and Davies up there, Bolton are a a much bigger threat and if it's quality they need, Anelka has it in abundance.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Former Tottenham manager Martin Jol believes he could once again manage Spurs.

The Dutch tactician only lost his job at White Hart Lane last week following a below-par start to the campaign.

Jol has seen the likes of Ottmar Hitzfeld return to Bayern Munich and believes a chance could be there for him to return to White Hart Lane in the future.

"I'm a fighter. I still have the feeling that you never know," he told the Sunday Times.

"I was thinking of Ottmar Hitzfeld. He left, waited two-and-a-half years, returned. In football it's all about circumstances, opportunities.

"I realised I had to move on now and Tottenham will do fine. In a couple of years I'm not sure the same people will be there (on the board)."

Expectation

Jol was happy with his Spurs record, but felt the weight of expectation on his shoulders may dictate that his tenure will be deemed a failure.

The 51-year-old believes the likes of Arsene Wenger have been given more time, whereas his record at the club was not enough to satisfy the powers that be.

"Wenger: fourth the last couple of seasons. Did he win something? Not the league since 2004," he continued.

"Did Arsenal say, 'You have to win a prize or finish third?' No, because he's the man. He can say, 'I need time'.

"If Newcastle, Manchester City, Aston Villa finish fifth, you get a big celebration. Spurs is different."

Reaction score
nope liverpool fans just need to be patient.gerrard is reaching his best form again.crouch is getting his confidence back.kewell has made encouraging return.torres,alonso and agger will soon be back.Then everything will be ok.When alonso,gerrard,mascherano dictate the midfield with a fit kewell on the left and benayoun/babel on the right and torres in attack liverpool will start winning .Although this season may just be too soon for championship glory the foundations are there for a great future.There are also plenty of young talents like leiva and nabil el zhar and jack hobbs ready to be part of the first team.Nothing to be worry about.It's a shame however that sissoko,riise and hyppia are having a shitty season so far.And the jury is still out on aurelio.

phantomgerald

Rafa's been riding on that champions league victory for too long. What the fans want is to be champ in England, and he can't seem to be able to deliver it. 4 years now and he can't get at least a 2nd?

the dark knight

i personally want the league this year, fuck UCL, fa cup and carling. FOCUS ON THE LEAGUE DUMBASS!! oh wait, he sucks in the english premiere league z0mg

Switchy

Reaction score
Both Phantom and TDK said it best. We all want the prem title but Rafa is too focussed on the cups. I mean who plays their two best players (Gerrard and Carragher) against a team like Cardiff in midweek when you have a chance to gain points on either Man U or Arsenal on the weekend and even if it is Blackburn their palying it's still not a chance to let go by like that. I can see Benitez being the man to get Liverpool the title but the wait is getting too long...