Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbk4894

Reaction score
Outspoken Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has sensationally revealed Michael Ballack got it wrong in joining The Blues.

Ballack joined the then Premier League champions in the summer of 2006 on a free transfer from Bayern Munich, however, his first season was largely disappointing.

Drogba believes that Ballack has struggled at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea rely more on individuals, whereas the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal have balanced sides.

"It is hard for Ballack - Chelsea is special," he told the Sun.

"I'm convinced he would have had an easier time at Manchester United or Arsenal.

"They benefit from a well-balanced team - he would have been a better fit there.

"Here, we depend on our individuals so maybe Chelsea is not the right club for Ballack."

hbk4894

Reaction score
Sevilla have insisted there is no announcement planned regarding the future of Juande Ramos, but the Spanish coach has indicated that he is ready to succeed Martin Jol at Tottenham.

Spurs have been tracking Ramos since the start of the season and are thought to be closing in on a swift appointment following the departure of Martin Jol on Thursday.

Sevilla held an emergency meeting after learning of the developments at White Hart Lane, and have stressed that Ramos remains their manager.

A club spokesman said: "Juande Ramos is still coach of Sevilla FC and the club has no announcements planned at the moment."

However, reports in Spain suggest that Ramos has already told Sevilla bosses he is keen to sign the four-year contract on offer at Spurs.

Ramos has refused to confirm he will still be in charge of Sevilla for their clash with Valencia this Sunday and has admitted his attraction to Spurs.

"The Spurs project is a very big dream," he told Cadena Ser.

Fabiano fears

Ramos took charge of training as normal on Friday but Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano has admitted the reports are unsettling the players.

"There is comment and speculation but nothing concrete," said the Brazilian.

"We saw the newspapers in the dressing room - but no more than that.

"In Brazil it happens midway through the season but if someone else were to come in, we would have time to adapt.

"It's not good news but what can we do if there is a change of coach?"

phantomgerald

And Ramos might be good at Sevilla, but his history is mixed with success and failure. He's definately not a "Mourinho" type who have had success everywhere he goes.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Juande Ramos has admitted it was 'impossible' for him to turn down the opportunity of managing Tottenham.

The Spaniard quit as Sevilla coach on Friday night, paving the way for him to be named as Martin Jol's successor at White Hart Lane.

Ramos has been linked with a move to the Premier League club for much of the season after being pictured meeting with Spurs officials.

Heart

He told his personal website: "My heart will remain in Nervion (the area of Seville where the club's ground is located) but for my family and my profession it is impossible not to leave for London.

"To the red and white family of the Sanchez Pizjuan (Sevilla's stadium) I only say to you that I could go very far away but, Sevillista friend, I assure you, that nobody will ever be closer to you."

Ramos looks set to be working alongside former Spurs midfielder Gus Poyet, whose future as Dennis Wise's assistant at Leeds was thrown into doubt on Friday.

Sevilla confirmed Ramos' departure on their official website in a statement which read: "Juande Ramos appeared on the third floor of the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan (stadium) to present a document in which he asked for his contract to be rescinded under clause 1006/85 at 22.35pm (local time).

"Ramos was accompanied by his physical trainer Marcos Alvarez, who presented the same document to the general director of the club, Jose Maria Cruz, in the presence of Ramon Rodriguez Monchi, the club's sporting director.

"The now ex-Sevilla coach declined the possibility of giving a press conference at the club's training facilities and has chosen his website www.juanderamos.com as a means of saying goodbye to Sevilla FC."

Passion and devotion

Ramos, who led Sevilla to two Uefa Cups during his time in charge, added on his website: "Sevilla FC is much bigger than a player or a manager.

"The greatness of the fans is something innate, it is impossible to comprehend this passion and devotion if you have not shared it with them, therefore I am convinced that the professional nature and honesty of all of the members of this club will take advantage of my farewell to straighten out the course of a season which has begun with doubts.

"I have just been a part of the machinery which works exceptionally and which will once again obtain the merit of victory this season.

"The professionals are extraordinary, the perspective is enormous. Sevilla FC will be much greater after I have left."

phantomgerald

HBK, do you really like soccer or are you just posting stuff so that people recognise you? If I wanted this news, I could easily get it. Since you started posting these news, nobody bothered replying, so why continue?

Anyway, I think Spurs have idiots as the leaders of the club. I think Damien Comolli has way too much power and something must be done about it. Jol was doomed a long time ago when Zokora and Benoit-something are bought by Comolli.

youthought

Reaction score
Arsenal could slip up today against Liverpool because they are the first big challenege for Arsene Wengers team. My prediction 1-0 Liverpool. Whats yours?

Wrestling Station

^i think Arsenal wont carry on this fantastic form for the whole season due to their lack in experience.

phantomgerald

^^^ Yeah I like to see what happens when they have a cold streak. I don't think they'll make the top 2 this year.

Reaction score
i think they were awesome today and liverpool were lucky that bendtner is useless as a striker.hyppia is finished,rafa desperately needs to sign a defender in the next transfer window,and yeah left winger would'nt hurt.But overall liverpool are doing good,we can still winthe 3 games remaining in the CL and qualify and still unbeaten in the league.by the way phantom chelsea are playing well again.

phantomgerald

^^^ I would rather play badly for this season and get a new manager. Grant would never get us far and I've already given up on the season already.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Harry Redknapp has signed a new contract with Portsmouth that will keep him at the Premier League club until 2011.

Redknapp returned for a second stint at Fratton Park in 2005 and helped the club beat the drop before overseeing their highest top-flight finish for over 50 years last term.

Pompey have been in fine form again this season and are currently seventh in the table, despite having already faced Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Redknapp's name was linked with Tottenham before the appointment of Juande Ramos as Martin Jol's replacement, but the former West Ham boss insists that he would not have been tempted away from Fratton Park.

He told Sky Sports News: "I've never thought about leaving here. I love it here. The fans have been great, the club is going well, we've got a good team with good players and I look forward to going in to work every day.

"Life is good here, so it never entered my mind to want to leave here again. I'm very happy here."

Genuinely excited

And he told the club's official website: "I'm delighted. Since returning to Fratton Park I have had nothing but the utmost support from the owner Sacha Gaydamak and chief executive Peter Storrie.

"They have backed me 100 per cent in the transfer market and I am genuinely excited about the group of players I have here with me now.

"The club as a whole is moving in the right direction with exciting news off the field with a new training ground coming next year and a fabulous new state-of-the-art stadium also in the pipeline.

"It's a great place to be right now and I can only see that getting better."

Former West Ham boss Redknapp initially took the helm at Fratton Park in March 2002, but departed in November 2004 after falling out with former chairman Milan Mandaric.

He stunned the south coast club by taking up the role of manager of bitter rivals Southampton, but was unable to save them from the drop and, after making his peace with Mandaric the following year, made an emotional return to Pompey.

Great coup

Storrie added: "Obviously it's a great coup for us to have one of the best managers in the business pledging his long-term future to the club.

"Harry has done a great job, first rescuing the club from the jaws of relegation and then building a team now strong enough to push for a European place.

"I know Harry has been impressed by Sacha's plans for the club not only on the pitch but also off it.

"He shares his vision of establishing Portsmouth as not only one of the top clubs in the Premier League but also regularly pushing for a European spot."

the dark knight

why do new players, always perform well in the 1st couple of matches then start sucking?
because they are adapting rafa's style of play...

rafa, fuck you.