Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me what is up with the press these days:

England before last night: Steve Maclaren is the man who can win us the world cup again.

After last night: Maclaren should be sacked.

That is not directed to any members here because none of you were like that when England were winning but the press are a bunch of idiots (I would usually say something a lot worse but I'm in a good mood). I'm still sticking with my opinion that Sam Allardyce should be England manager...

Reaction score
the press got carried away by the 5 consecutive wins in the qualifiers.They forgot that russia no showed at wembley was a big reason for the 3-0 win.But mclaren is right on one point,bad refereeing decisions are ruining the game.i only saw highlights of the game but rooney's shirt pulling appears to have started outside the penalty box and without the penalty who knows what the outcome would be,shades of rob styles in the pool-chelsea game.

phantomgerald

^^what about capello?

Capello's too defensive minded, knows nuts about England, and can't speak english to save his life. Mourinho is already living in England, knows all the players, and will make England win defensively without playing two defensive midfielders. Just admit it, Mourinho is the best choice.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^I also think Mourinho is the best choice. He said in the paper today that he'd be happy to join England so why not. I don't mind Maclaren for now but if we don't get in Euro 08 then England better kick his ass out...

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I say it now we will not qualify for euro 2008 becuase russia will not slip up in israil and i can't see england beatng croatia at wembley. Mclaren is not the man for the job and i have said this from the start. I would love to see Mouhrino in charge of england even though he is not english he has passion and a great tactial mind.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^I personally think Israel will beat Russia judging on their current run in the group.

I'm still sticking with the fact England should've hired Sam Allardyce at the time instead of Maclaren.

phantomgerald

Sack Maclaren now and if a miracle occurs, have the next manager bring them into euro2008. Even if Maclaren is in charge and they go through, nobody will have confidence in them. Erikkson>Maclaren. At least when Erikkson was in charge, they would never lose to teams like Russia and a quarter final in the world cup is considered a bad result.

And I think Curbishley should be England manager.

Reaction score
eriksson is showing his worth at man city but his salary demands,him not motivating his players during a match and him being a pervert cost him.curbishley did great at charlton and is pretty good at west ham but martin o'neil is my preferred choice.martin can turn lead into gold,he is like wenger, an expert at getting the absolute best from his players.He is doing a terrific job at villa and lead leicester to winning a cup,and his enthusiasm during matches would mean england fans would warm up to him pretty quick.

phantomgerald

O'Neill's not English, and by getting him is considered getting a foreign manager, so they might as well just get Mourinho, who I read have admitted he would consider the job(a.k.a come and get me)

youthought

Reaction score
O'Neil would never go to England. They tried to get him before the world cup but he said no. Why would he say yes now?

Reaction score
maybe he said no because to england he's irish or the fa refused to give him the same salary as ericsson speaking of whom i can't believe man city are still in the top 4:shock:they'll have another stern test against chelsea next week.

Ang congrats to lucas leiva for helping liverpool achieve a derby win over everton:)i think lucas should come on as a substitute against arsenal next week,it's a match suited for his technical ability.

Switchy

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Lucas and Leto aare gonna be two great players in a few years and unlike quite a lot of young players, Benitez looks like he's giving these two a real chance. As for Arsenal with the current form their playing at I personally think Liverpool should have a defensive approach to the game aiming for 1 point and hope that arsenal slip up and they can get three points.

phantomgerald

I'm not so sure. I saw the merseyside derby, and I thought Lucas seems to be easily muscled out and doesn't seem to have the strength to physically compete in the EPL on a consistent basis, at least for now. He has to toughen up first but when he has the ball at his feet, he looked good.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Leicester manager Gary Megson has been granted permission to speak to Bolton by chairman Milan Mandaric.

Megson emerged as Phil Gartside's first choice to succeed Sammy Lee last week and The Foxes had previously rejected two approaches for their manager by the Trotters chairman.

But following talks on Tuesday night between Megson and Mandaric, the former West Brom and Nottingham Forest boss will be allowed to talk to Bolton.

Megson informed Mandaric that he wanted to become Bolton manager after Leicester's 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United.

Gartside has since reiterated his desire to appoint the 48-year-old and a compensation package has now been agreed between the two clubs.

Disappointed

"It is with disappointment and great reluctance that I have today agreed to allow Gary Megson to open talks with Bolton Wanderers regarding their vacant managerial position," Mandaric said in a statement.

"Despite my best efforts to retain his services and turning down two formal approaches from Bolton, Gary left me with no choice last night when he informed me he wanted to leave Leicester and talk to the Premier League club.

"I made it abundantly clear that Bolton's interest was neither welcome or invited but it was evident to me that following a meeting requested by Gary following last night's home defeat by Sheffield United that his loyalties and heart lay elsewhere."

Talks between Megson and Bolton are expected to begin imminently, with the Premier League club keen to have a new manager in place ahead of Sunday's game against Aston Villa.

Bolton are currently bottom of the table and parted company with Lee after just nine league games this season.

Former Newcastle and Blackburn manager Graeme Souness had been interviewed for the vacant post at The Reebok Stadium but pulled out of the running to replace Lee on Tuesday.

Real Sociedad manager Chris Coleman and ex-Wigan boss Paul Jewell had also been linked, but it appears Gartside's search may now have ended.

Foxes hunt begins

Meanwhile, Leicester have announced that assistant manager Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart have been placed in caretaker charge at The Walkers Stadium.

Mandaric added: "The search for a new manager begins in earnest.

"In the meantime assistant manager Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart will assume temporary control of first-team affairs until we are in a position to announce a significant appointment."