• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Can see that most of you are blinded by love. If liverpool win the EPL, I'll have a Liverpool sig for the entire close season. You can quote me and save this page. I just said that.

Reaction score
hmmm now we have to figure out a really nice liverpool sig for you gerald:)i'll leave that to switchy.

predictions for internationals:italy will beat france and emile heskey ,peter crouch and owen will get goals as england get the points against israel and russia.

once again for the liverpool fans tompkins report great read
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/NG156893070905-1057.htm

Switchy

Reaction score
Your only saying that because you want to have a Liverpool sig. You make all these bets for Liverpool sigs because you know you want 1, you just dont wanna make it obvious you support them Phantom lol.

Switchy

Reaction score
As a matter of fact EoE I have a couple of ideas for sigs.

With the similairities of the kits I'm thinking something like "wish you were red" or something along those lines...

Reaction score
if it was'nt for rob styles acting dumb phantom would already have a liverpool sig:lol:anyway switchy relating to your post about rafa destroying the careers of young talents who end up at hull,i think it's an unfair assessment. A lot of young talents like le tallec, pongolle,ostemobor,potter,neil mellor WERE given a run in the first team,they did'nt take their chances.mellor was pretty good actually,scored a goal against arsenal that i will never forget but when you now look at voronin and torres you see a difference in class.Also a lot of young talent should eat humble pie and continue working hard,if they desrve it rafa will give them the chance.rafa is also always looking to add english talent to the team just in case they change the law about foreigners,that's why scott carson was only loaned and not sold even though reina is here to stay and charles itanje is a pretty good and young back up keeper.Anyway rafa is a miser and he would rather see a young player break into the team rather than spending millions to get an established star.

i remember when gerrard and owen were given their chances in the first team they took it straight away,that's what is expected of a player at such a big club.Just imagine if torres had'nt performed well so far, people would already be calling for his and rafa's heads.

youthought

Reaction score
^^all of the players you meantioned were not bought by Rafa but by Houiller, he made some really bad buys in his last couple of seasons

Reaction score
it does'nt matter who bought who:)what i was trying to say is that rafa does give their chance to young players a prime ex.being paletta,it' not his fault they don't live to expectations.As for houllier a pretty good manager who completely lost the plot in his last 2 seasons.

phantomgerald

Rafa isn't exactly the best guy for young talent. Paletta is just a big flop. Hopefully he's just one out of many. At least he bought Agger, who looks like a great buy, but he's not a magical manager like Arsene where he can make a raw diamond shiny.

Reaction score
agreed phantom arsene wenger is a miracle worker and rafa is a tactical mastermind.The real star at arsenal is their manager not the palyers.

phantomgerald

England defeats Israel 3-0. Not really convincing though. All i can see is that Richards and SWP should anchor the right side for years to come.

youthought

Reaction score
England were pathetic along with every other home nation. Hopefully the Republic of Ireland can qualify because I will be in Switzerland that summer

dean28

Reaction score
england were solid but Israel arn't the best team in the world hope we get the win on wednesday

Reaction score
russia and croatia will prove to be a real test for england's claim to be a top national side.Personally i would like to see england in euro 2008 with terry venables at the head not mclaren.Italy and france seem to have kept their world cup form and are the 2 favourites to qualify and actually play the final of euro 2008.

Arsenal's dein has sold his shares to a russian billionaire worth 4 billion pounds.He is still a minority shareholder so he can't take a major decision without approval of the other sharehoders but expect arsenal to step up their game in the transfer market.And mourinho is getting involved in a feud with joachim low over the exclusion of ballack in the chelsea team that will play the champions league.

platini wants to make the FA cup a champions league qualifying competition.Personally i'm all for it cause it will make the premiership more competitive with only 3 teams qualifying for CL and it will give more hope and envy to the teams outside the top 4 to qualify for CL via cup route.Are you guys for or against this formula?