• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

hbk4894

i was at the bolton game today yes and we finally won a match diouf was great we should finish in the top 10

hbk4894

Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of Liverpool's UEFA Champions League qualifier against Toulouse.

The midfield dynamo is still recovering from the toe injury which forced him out of England's defeat to Germany last week and Liverpool's win at Sunderland on Saturday.

Gerrard joins Jamie Carragher on the sidelines for the qualifying round second leg tie at home to Toulouse after Carragher broke his rib against Sunderland.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez confirmed his key duo would not be involved against Toulouse at Anfield, with Liverpool holding a 1-0 lead from the first match.

Unavailable
"Both players will not be available for this game," said Benitez.

"It's a shame because they are both important players for us, but we have enough players and enough competition within the squad to cope.

"Carra is improving which is good news. I need to talk to the doctor to find out more and to see how long he will be out for.

"It's clear that with Steven we need to take care of him. He could be available for the game at the weekend but we'll have to see. Again I will need to talk to the doctor first because I don't want to run the risk of losing him for a long time.

"This week we will keep him training and keep him fit and then see about the Derby game on Saturday."

Sami Hyypia has been declared fit to play against Toulouse, despite breaking his nose against Sunderland.

Boost
"I think he [Hyypia] will be okay," added Benitez. "The break was in the right place and so I don't think it will be a problem for him.

"We have Sami and Daniel Agger available and we can also use Arbeloa as a centre-back so we have enough players in that position."
from skysports

phantomgerald

^^^ Yeah Toulouse is going to cause Liverpool much trouble even without Gerrard, although I do fear for the central defence with Hypia doubtful and Carragher out.

i also fear for the defence gerald,that's why we needed heinze:sad:rafa says arbeloa can play in central defence but the jury is still out on arbeloa.Anyway we have enough quality up front to bury to lose.besides the CL is not a priority this season we want the championship we want it bad.

hbk4894

Rafa Benitez has thrown doubt over Steven Gerrard's participation in England's crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers next month.

Gerrard has a broken toe and has been forced to rest for the last week, missing England's friendly with Germany and Liverpool's win at Sunderland.

The Reds skipper is also sitting out the club's second leg UEFA Champions League qualifier with Toulouse on Tuesday and is a big doubt for Saturday's Premier League match with Derby.

With England due to link-up next week - Benitez says he will tell Gerrard when he is ready to play.

Insistent

"He wants to play every game. That's when my decision becomes important," Benitez insisted.

"I'd say I am optimistic but we will see. I need to talk to the doctor as well as the player to see if he really is fit or if there would be a risk.

"At the end of the day, it is a broken bone.

"Stevie can train and run but obviously he is not playing with the rest of the team or touching the ball."

England face Israel and Russia next month, two games which will go a long way to deciding their Euro 2008 fate, and coach Steve McClaren will be desperate to include Gerrard when he names his squad later this week.
from skysports.com