• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kennedy

Reaction score
Tommorow Footbal galore yipee here comes the weekend. Some big matches Liverpool versus Sunderland on Sky Sports cant wait.

hbk4894

Reaction score
Manchester United have rejected reports they have made a bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov.

Berbatov's agent has claimed United have made an enquiry for the Bulgarian international and that Tottenham plan to make a decision over Berbatov's future next week.

Spurs boss Martin Jol admitted earlier on Friday that he had rejected an approach from an unnamed club for Berbatov and vowed the player was going nowhere.

United have moved to deny they have made a bid for the classy forward.

No bid
"Manchester United is linked with many players in every transfer window," United chief executive David Gill told the club's official website.

"The club has categorically not made a bid for Dimitar Berbatov."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he did fail in a move for a striker earlier this summer and he concedes he is unlikely to bring in any more new signings before the close of the transfer window next week.

"We made an inquiry about a striker not so long ago. The club concerned would not sell and it remains that way," Ferguson told XFM.

"With a week to the transfer deadline, it would be impossible to get anyone else in now."

Reaction score
Thats some ok news for MU with me being a supporter I want them to win and yeh TDK Liverpool/Man U top two but in what order MU: 1st LP: 2nd?!

What will happen what does everyone think of United losing the first three games they have had what problems do they need to solve?

phantomgerald

The targetman. Nani was bought to replace Giggs and Anderson to replace Scholes while Tevez is a duplicate of Rooney. They got through last year with a phenomenal year by Ronaldo, but he hasn't been out of the starting box this year, and thats why they need to sign someone like Anelka who will guarantee goals.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I really would like Nani to show why he came here. But I would like Spurs to win. And it would be funny to see Robinson make a mistake. Anyway Liverpool against Sunderland!!

Reaction score
nani will possibly come good next season,this season is a season of adaptation for him.BTW kennedy have you joined the IWF's fantasy football championship.

Kennedy

Reaction score
No I have seen is it the one that Phantom Gerald is doing?

hbk4894

Reaction score
Blackburn boss Mark Hughes believes Benni McCarthy has settled for another season at Ewood Park.

The South African finished last season as second in the Premier League goalscoring charts, in a superb debut campaign in England that attracted interest from elsewhere.

Jose Mourinho, who worked with McCarthy at Porto, was credited as holding an interest, before electing to pep up Chelsea's attack with the signing of Claudio Pizzaro.

And now the speculation has died down somewhat with regards a move, Hughes is confident McCarthy will still be a Blackburn player come the end of the season.

Benni at crossroads

"Benni had an outstanding season last season, and that's why there was a real determination on our part to make sure he was in a position to have another one this year," said Hughes.

"I think he's excited by what we've done with the squad in the close season, and he knows himself that he's at a good club, and he's got an opportunity to be successful here, so I think he's quite calm about the situation, and he's glad to be here."

Board backing

Several members of Hughes' squad have courted attention but the Welshman believes his board will be able to keep his team intact.

He added: "I've been given the backing of my chairman and the board and they said I didn't have to sell anyone, and that's the case.

"They've been good to their word and I haven't wanted to sell anyone either.

"We've still got a week to go but I'm not too concerned about people leaving, and certainly less so than I was about a month ago."

Kennedy

Reaction score
I thought Sunderland might nick it because in the closing part they were playing well but Liverpool score to win the match 2-0. My prediction came true 2-0 Liverpool!!

phantomgerald

Voronin might turn out better than Torres. Either way I think Kuyt should be dropped if Torres was playing, they are rather similar but Torres is definately better. Torres/Voronin should be the starting pair with Crouch being the secret weapon when the defence is tired.