• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

Reaction score
I wish Alves joined Liverpool but the price got out of hand and Chelsea can have him. 1 minute it's £11m and then it goes to £25m, that's what I hate about football.
you have to move swiftly like we did for ryan babel:smilie_gruenweiss:
we're playing to lose today.Tricky match against a decent french side.I would settle for a draw and we would go for the kill at anfield.froget about alves we have already made very good signings .Even charles itandje is a very good goalkeeper.I saw him play with lens in the french league 1 and in the UEFA cup and let's just say if reina was injured i wouldn't be too worried.However itandje is really crap at stopping penalties.I still think we need cover at right back,left back and central defence.the jury is out on arbeloa and aurelio and hyppia is getting old:drinks_drunk:

phantomgerald

Chelsea will get Alves soon, and I'm glad as that right-back have plagued us for a really long time. Melchiot, Glen Johnson, Paulo Feirrera and Boularouz are all not the answer. Hopefully Alves is, but what I like about the deal is that Ben Haim then can concentrate on backing up the central defence, and the balance of right and left would be deadly going up on counters.

Reaction score
you were right switchy:)it was a sweet finish by voronin,now we're going for the kill at anfield:)now if only manure can lose to portsmouth:)babel was really impressive ...........oh happy days!!!!!!on a negative note benayoun was completely lost on the left wing:sad:

Switchy

Reaction score
Voronin is gonna be the man for the CL, I don't care what anyone says.

Bristol Rovers beat Crystal Palace n pens to get through in the Carling cup last night as well.

Babel had a great match, I loved in the first half when he ran through half of their team but we were unlucky onthat chance and several others but oh well.

I don't really like Benayoun anyway, it's the case of great player at a rubbish team who moves to a big team and then looks rubbish. There are plenty of players beter than him who Rafa could've bought instead as well which is annoying.

I was worried when Gerrard went down but it was a smart move to sub him off just in case and hopefully we have a strong side to beat chelsea.

Reaction score
i don't agree ,i think benayoun is a great addition,he just can't play on the left wing that's all.His passing is excellent ,he has vision and he can on right wing ,as an offensive midfielder or a second striker if rafa takes a striker off in the second half.rafa was just experimenting with benayoun on the left wing against to lose.Better experiment against to lose than chelsea.

phantomgerald

i don't agree ,i think benayoun is a great addition,he just can't play on the left wing that's all.His passing is excellent ,he has vision and he can on right wing ,as an offensive midfielder or a second striker if rafa takes a striker off in the second half.rafa was just experimenting with benayoun on the left wing against to lose.Better experiment against to lose than chelsea.

Benayoun makes a good subsitute and can play in the middle or at the right. I think he's ok, but I don't think he'll ever break into the first team and would leave after a few years when he can't get starts. As of right now, Gerrard would probably end up playing on the right again unless Pennant can show his potential that we know he has.

Reaction score
no way gerrard is playing on the right ,that was just a temporary solution until the american money men bought the club.Gerrard is playing in the middle and wreaking havoc like only he knows.For the right wing we have pennant,babel,benayoun and that's enough.Maybe gerrard will play part of the match on the right but no way rafa will stick gerrard on the right for 90 mins.

as for man utd no luck this season round,last season they would probably have scored a goal in the last 3 mins and leave fratton park with the 3 pts but instead now they have rooney injured and ronaldo red carded.ferguson's chewing gum supplier will have his hands full:)

phantomgerald

Benayoun and Pennant are not exactly top quality. I doubt any of the big 3 would have wanted either. Babel is better suited for the left wing and is not at his peak yet. Thats why even though Gerrard is a center midfielder, he is still better than the right wingers they could deploy.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Pennant was 1 of Liverpools beest players in the CL final last year. He isn't good every game but if he keeps his consistancy he could prove to be a valuable player to Liverpools starting 11.

Switchy

Reaction score
I don't think he'll join Liverpool. I'd love Heinze to join but Man United won't allow it so I think we would have a better chance with someone like Phillip Lahm. I duno if Bayern would sell him but I think he's a great player.

As for Pennant I don't think Benitez wants another RM after Benayoun now.

Reaction score
germans have often done well at liverpool, markus babel and didi hamann were awesome,christian ziege and karl heinze riedle were not bad ,so i would be positive about the arrival of lahm:)But i will not lose hope on heinze until august 31st.