• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lil Wayne Wraps ‘Tha Carter IV,’ Announces Release Date

phantomgerald

Gerrard might be an inch better than Lampard, but Essien is definately better than Sissoko. And Ballack have done more in his career than Alonso and Mascherano combined. And i know he didn't exactly play great in the first season, but he'll bounce back and I'll pick him over the two of them.

Switchy

Reaction score
Gerrard might be an inch better than Lampard, but Essien is definately better than Sissoko. And Ballack have done more in his career than Alonso and Mascherano combined. And i know he didn't exactly play great in the first season, but he'll bounce back and I'll pick him over the two of them.

rofl, an inch better. Gerrard can attack, defend play on the wing all Lampard can do is the occasional rocket shot.

I gotta admit I was carried away when I said Sissoko was better than Essien but you're saying Ballack done more than alonso and Mascherano in his career, he's had a long career but at this time Alonso and Mascherano are better than him.

phantomgerald

rofl, an inch better. Gerrard can attack, defend play on the wing all Lampard can do is the occasional rocket shot.

I gotta admit I was carried away when I said Sissoko was better than Essien but you're saying Ballack done more than alonso and Mascherano in his career, he's had a long career but at this time Alonso and Mascherano are better than him.

Yeah but we know how good Ballack's best can be, and he might return to that level. Also Ballack as you said about Gerrard, is multi dimensional and can both attack and defend. And ok maybe gerrard is really better than Lampard, but this debate is getting nowhere.

Next topic, Gordon for 9million pounds. Overpriced?

The Ripper

Reaction score
They probably paid about 4 million more than they would normally need to. From his international record he may be a good buy since he played scotlands games against france and others

the dark knight

^^good to see that you starting posting here again.

i think the african nations cup is in march 2008 and lasts for one month.Chelsea can buy a couple players when the transfer window reopens in january 2008. if nigeria has qualified i think obi mickel will also be unavailable for 1 month.
it will be in jan/feb.
Well liverpool fans(namely switchy, EOE and TDK), here's news for you. Your central midfield isn't as good as you think it is. Lampard, Ballack, Essien> Masch, Sissoko, Alonso.

***Prepares for Liverpool> Chelsea bashing***
Gerrard > lampard.

but lets not talk about the individual, lets talk about the players with each other. how good can they play? liverpool's midfielders as a team are better than chelsea's midfielders as a team. no arguing there...

anywayz, anyone wants to join F4L's prediction league?

how do you join?

Sam Allardyce will allow Michael Owen to play for England if he is fit by next week.
Owen will only miss the season opener

Newcastle United have signed Jose Enrique from Spanish side Villarreal for £6.3million.I don't know the player so i can't really comment on him.
1) F4L = a football forum. im not respected there as i am here and some of them think that im stupid lol. anyway, here's the link for the prediction league:

http://www.shapemould.com/fershad/PredictionLeague/index.php

and here's how it works:
NOTE:
If you've already joined one of the other Prediction Leagues, just click on the My Profile link in the menu & then scroll down & English Premier League. Make sure to click the Join League button.

Making your Predictions

1. Select English Premier League from the drop-down box at the top of the page.
2. Click on My Predictions in the left side menu.
3. Select the Week you want to predict for from the drop-down box.
4. Enter the scores for each game.

Scoring for the Predictions are as follows:
1 point for tipping the correct result (picking the winner/draw).
3 points for tipping the correct score (eg. you tip 2-2 & the score is 2-2, you get 3 points)

Bonus Points
There will be no regular bonus points for this League. The aim of a League competition is to find the most consistent team/predictor, so that's what we'll do.
Some games (BIG matches) will have bonus points.

im not sure if you had to join the forums or not...

2) so owen isnt really injured. a minor injury shouldnt be a biggie :D.

3)newcastle just wasted money if you ask me.

Chelsea are going to face a big problem at the beginning of the season due to the african players have national games that time. Essien, Drogba, Kalou will be missed.
ever team in europe will face the same problem. not just chelsea, dont worry.

Reaction score
liverpool have been linked with cicinho of real madrid.Apparently rafa wants competition for right back.Liverpool have offered around 7 million pounds and roma who were also in the chase but won't match liverpool's offer.The bad news is that cicinho would rather go to italy:paperbag1: Why would cicinho choose italy over the all year round sunny british weather and delicious british culinary specialities like cod/haddock fish and chips:dunno: i'm going to punch you cicinho:sport_boxing: :sport_boxing: :starwars:

the dark knight

i dont know the new french guy but, here's my ranks anyway:

1- DUDEK!!! i still believe in him and i still believe that he's better than reina.
2- Reina...proved himself the last 7 months.
3- Carson....meh

phantomgerald

i dont know the new french guy but, here's my ranks anyway:

1- DUDEK!!! i still believe in him and i still believe that he's better than reina.
2- Reina...proved himself the last 7 months.
3- Carson....meh

Dudek is not better than Reina whatever you say. Even though Dudek did help in winning the champions league for Liverpool but he jumped off his line and the second save was lucky. Reina is more consistent and doesn't make as many mistakes.

phantomgerald

^^^exactly. He looked alot better after the first few matches. And it pains me to say this, but without him Chelsea would have been in the CL final and I doubt Dudek could have done the same.

the dark knight

^^umm...no. he was my fav goal keeper in his period with liverpool. especially the year we nailed every championship except for the league :)

my fav GK of all time is peter schmeichel :)

edit- just for the record, he was my enemy when he signed to man utd. but as skills, i cant deny it.