"Let me put you on" (music game)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

@Princess Rosé sent me a metal cover of a Yakuza 0 song, and it's pretty lit. :lol Definitely :banging

This cover is for sure a more straightforward metal version, and not so much the electronic version of the original, but it's still great nonetheless.

That game has such baller music. I fell in love with it whilst playing, and have loved all the covers of the various songs.

Great pick by Rose!

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

I'd never heard of Acid Mammoth before but @War Pig sent over this 8 minutes of goodness, and I really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure if it'd be for me when it first started, but it has a really good build-up once you listen to the whole track and I enjoyed the vocals a lot when they kicked in as well. Psychedelic Wasteland is such a sick name for a song too. Wouldn't mind checking out more of their songs if they share a similar vibe.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score

I'd never heard of Acid Mammoth before but @War Pig sent over this 8 minutes of goodness, and I really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure if it'd be for me when it first started, but it has a really good build-up once you listen to the whole track and I enjoyed the vocals a lot when they kicked in as well. Psychedelic Wasteland is such a sick name for a song too. Wouldn't mind checking out more of their songs if they share a similar vibe.

Rest of the album and even their first one have the same Psychedelic/Stoner Doom Metal feel as the song I sent you. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score

I'd never heard of this before but @The Fourth Wall sent me this classic of Blues music. I wasn't sure of the tyles of Blues, but it is nice and slow, and heavily influenced by what is called Whiskey Blues. The song overall is very chill and smooth and sounds like something you would put on early in the morning and drink whiskey to or hear in a smokey blues club. It is also a song you could put on in a classic car and just drive around on and get lost. So great job, Fourth.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
How's it going friendos :garrett

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Toxiholic sent me this psychedelic bad boy from the 60s. Never heard it before but I love this shit, reminds me a bit of The Zombies

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So yeah @Canadian Dragon sent me this, and I gotta be honest. I don’t like it.

I LOVE IT! Gonna be added to my playlist and probably will be checking out other stuff of theirs as well. Just has a really good sound to them. Honestly with the groups name and everything I was like “oh this bout to be loud af.” Then was caught off guard when it wasn’t lol.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So yeah @Canadian Dragon sent me this, and I gotta be honest. I don’t like it.

I LOVE IT! Gonna be added to my playlist and probably will be checking out other stuff of theirs as well. Just has a really good sound to them. Honestly with the groups name and everything I was like “oh this bout to be loud af.” Then was caught off guard when it wasn’t lol.

:garrett ha ha not metal at all! One of my favorite folk bands. glad you like it !

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I actually use one of their songs for one of my AMA guys, it's Don Marshall's theme.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Chris sent me a track from the Beatles. I'm ashamed to admit I have never listened to a full album from them and it made me want to correct that. I have even fewer excuses as I own their a whole discography.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
@Dakstang i will send you a song tonight

Reactions: Dakstang

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
@DJ Jazzy Jake put me on to Blak Iz Blak by The Mau Maus, featuring several rappers. The ones I recognize being Mos Def, Canibus and Mums.

Very obscure track here, seemingly made for a film called Bamboozled which I've never heard of but based on the artists featured on the soundtrack, it may be well worth checking out. The song itself is a fun little turn of the century posse cut with some fun lines being delivered. "Blak iz blak, wack MC's get smacked, forced to go home and dial 1-800-I-CAN'T-RAP" probably was my favorite bar.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Bamboozled is about a black tv exec is finds success we he makes a show that is like an Oldschool minstrel show and everyone is in black face. It’s about the fall out and the struggles especially for the stars. It’s a really good flick and this song just goes incredibly hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Hoss

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
When's the next batch coming?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Bet Fourthy thought I forgot, didn't you @The Fourth Wall ? :garrett

Fourthy put me on to several songs, so here we go.

Mobb Deep - Back At You - I love Mobb Deep. This song was decent, but truthfully not a standout for them I don't think.

Eric B. & Rakim - Juice - Great, dare I say iconic, old-school rap beat and catchy rhythm. I've heard this song before but I never really listened to it. Real solid song.

DFC feat. Nate Dogg - Things In Tha Hood - Unmistakable summer California chilling Nate Dogg vibes on this one. No idea how big of a song this was, but it sounds like it could have easily been a seminal 90s G-Funk track.

The Roots - What They Do - Love the instrumentation for this song. Having said that, the more R&B leaning hip hop of the 90s has never been my bag. So while I'd say this is a good song, would I come back to it? Probably not. Wouldn't skip it if it came on either though.

Shadyville Allstars - NowADays - This feels like a real deep cut. Reminds me of a Scarface song. Definitely legit and not a song I probably would've ever heard otherwise.

Camp Lo - Luchini aka This Is It - Very familiar with this song. The beat is pretty much unforgettable and has been sampled a few times in other songs that I fuck with. Pretty much a classic.

When's the next batch coming?

As far as this is concerned... Idk. Probably need to rethink the format because obviously everyone that volunteered at the beginning is not going to participate consistently and I think doing a roll call before every "round" is gonna be pretty tedious. If anyone has thoughts, feel free to share.

• Love