Lesner returning to UFC?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I think this is where I disagree most. You've just said you don't watch him. How can you then say it's the same thing?

Reigns is nothing like he was when he was first pushed. By the end of this current storyline he'll have been built into an absolute machine of smugness and bile, only to be knocked off his perch and repeatedly beaten down, getting more and more aggressive and frustrated as he goes. His promos are vastly improved. His promo after Wrestlemania was only 5 words and yet is quite possibly the best promo we'll see all year. His matches are great too, with a constantly engaged crowd. He's been in amazing matches with Styles, Rollins, Wyatt, Joe, Lesnar, Balor and others.

You've ignored him, so pretty much everything you now say about him has no validity to it. I would advise you to give the guy a chance because the guy you're ignoring is long gone.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You've ignored him, so pretty much everything you now say about him has no validity to it.
Second time in two days someone has said this about my posts...

Your opinion is noted...

I would advise you to give the guy a chance because the guy you're ignoring is long gone.
No...I can't...and I can tell you the exact moment I decided to pass on Reigns
for the rest of his career. It was at the Royal Rumble this year...and no...it
wasn't him entering at 30. I believe this was done as to get Randy Orton
over as the winner and give the end of the Rumble a positive crowd reaction...
especially after what happened in 2014 & 2015.

It was during his match with Kevin Owens...which was a great match...until
the moment [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] kicked out for a brass knuckle punch to the face.

That was the moment where I realized that I personally couldn't handle the
way [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] was being booked...plus his clean win over Strowman
at Fastlane also really pissed me off when they could have booked it in
any other way that didn't involve Strowman being pinned clean.

They couldn't have the Undertaker show up at Fastlane?

I respect [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] as a performer and he would no doubt have
improved...but I just can't handle the way he's been/is being booked.

The WWE likes to claim wins and losses don't matter but [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]
is rarely pinned/defeated clean.

The WWE likes to claim any reaction is good reaction...yet they mute
the crowds booing him and edit fan reactions to make him look more
popular than he is.

Frankly it makes me sick.

I guess from now on I'll keep my opinion about [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] to myself...
mainly because apparently my opinion has no validity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Colohue

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Second time in two days someone has said this about my posts...

Your opinion is noted...

No...I can't...and I can tell you the exact moment I decided to pass on Reigns
for the rest of his career. It was at the Royal Rumble this year...and no...it
wasn't him entering at 30. I believe that was done as to get Randy Orton
over as the winner and give the end of the Rumble a positive crowd reaction...
especially after what happened in 2014 & 2015.

It was during his match with Kevin Owens...which was a great match...until
the moment [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] kicked out for a brass knuckle punch to the face.

That was the moment where I realized that I personally couldn't handle the
way [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] was being booked...plus his clean win over Strowman
at Fastlane also really pissed me off when they could have booked it in
any other way that didn't involve Strowman being pinned clean.

They couldn't have the Undertaker show up at Fastlane?

I respect [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] as a performer and he would no doubt would have
improved...but I just can't handle the way he's been/is being booked.

The WWE likes to claim wins and losses don't matter but [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]
is rarely pinned/defeated clean.

The WWE likes to claim any reaction is good reaction...yet they mute
the crowds booing him and edit fan reactions to make him look more
popular than he is.

Frankly it makes me sick.

I guess from now on I'll keep my opinion about [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] to myself...
mainly because apparently my opinion has no validity.
C'mon Guys! We're all intitled to our own Opinions here. Just because @Grievous doesnt like Roman doesnt mean his Opinion gets to be bashed. Im sure the rest of u guys hv someone that u DNT like. I know I must be right cause Even I hv a few that I dnt like myself. But I dnt bash On anyone's opinions.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I may not hv seen WWE for several years. And what I've heard about Roman, Good and Bad, still doesnt change my mind about him. Im still Just as much a fan to Roman as I am A Fan Of Ambrose.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Since this is a thread About Lesner, What did ya'll think when He Ended the Undertaker's Streak? Did u guys still like him or Hate him for it? Feel free to Share Ur Thoughts...

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Now MY Opinion of Lesner is that all he does is wins. I hvnt seen anyone defeat him much. To me, all it seems that he does is throw ppl around the ring and he's done.. Bell rings and He's won! Now I hvnt seen any matches where he loses Since I hvnt got cable and all. He seems to be the Bully. Now Personally speaking, I wouldnt miss him if he were to return to UFC. He seems like he fits in Better at UFC than he does in the WWE. Granite, He has had some good matches, I'll give him that benefit.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
People here are just jealous of Lesnar like they are with Roman Reigns. Salty that the big naturally gifted athletes are a higher priority then other superstars that just don't have the drawing power as they do. Sorry to burst ur bubble folks, but it's what we like to call business. No person who is not a regular watcher wants to see Samoa Joe and his man boobs holding the universal champion

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I am in no way, Shape, or form Jealous of Lesner. In fact, I'm not Jealous of any Athlete. What is there to even be jealous of Anyways? :emoji_confused: I mean that in a serious way

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I am in no way, Shape, or form Jealous of Lesner. In fact, I'm not Jealous of any Athlete. What is there to even be jealous of Anyways? :emoji_confused: I mean that in a serious way

I wasn't talking about u. I was mostly referring to @Grievous Who is a undercover Roman fan but doesn't want to give in and show his appreciation to greatness

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If you don't watch Roman's work then your opinion on him isn't based on fact and therefore invalid. That isn't a bash, it's simple logic. I can't advise on Breaking Bad because I've never watched it for example.
Ummm no. I saw AJ Styles in TNA. He was an emo cornball who never said die. I watch clips of him in WWE today and do you know what I found out? He was still an emo cornball who never says die.

It was amazing. Allen Jones was still Allen Jones but with a WWE label stuck to him. Wow, how about that?

I just don't really agree with your bullish*t claim because communication media is actually run by a bunch of monkeys who whitewash trends found in a textbook. In other words, everything you see in media today has been done before. Everything.

If you're telling me that you can't, with a reasonable enough ball park guess, guess how a f*cking TV show will play itself out then you must be completely naive.

Last edited:

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Ummm no. I saw AJ Styles in TNA. He was an emo cornball who never said die. I watch clips of him in WWE today and do you know what I found out? He was still an emo cornball who never says die.

It was amazing. Allen Jones was still Allen Jones but with a WWE label stuck to him. Wow, how about that?

I just don't really agree with your bullish*t claim because communication media is actually run by a bunch of monkeys who whitewash trends found in a textbook. In other words, everything you see in media today has been done before. Everything.

If you're telling me that you can't, with a reasonable enough ball park guess, guess how a f*cking TV show will play itself out then you must be completely naive.

The point you're missing there is that you found out AJ Styles' character hasn't changed by watching him. Also, just because one person doesn't change, doesn't mean that another doesn't. The two are not linked. Are you saying that because AJ Styles has never changed his character, neither did Matt Hardy for example?

I don't understand where you're going with the communication media bit. I don't know how that fits in.

And no, I genuinely have no idea how Breaking Bad ends. I would appreciate no spoilers on the subject.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I was well aware how 'coo coo for coco puffs' Matt Hardy was way before he was actually broken. He was publicly displaying cryptic messages on his website way back in 2005 after Lita had successfully monkey branched to Edge. The butt hurt was so ridiculous that the real life storyline they shared on TV took on a life if its own. Whether you buy it or not, that guy exhibited butt soreness even then. On top of that, try having a massively popular brother who overshadows you while simultaneously believing he, too, is a reject himself.

The combination of that, drugs and tragically losing their mother at such a young age the Broken Matt Hardy gimmick wasn't a stretch to believe at all the moment I first heard about it.

As far as communication goes, it's quite simple. Every ounce of effort put into media is designed to entice you (or as a better word brainwash you). The ultimate goal is for you, the consumer, to invest. What this means is that professional wrestling will consistently repeat their marketing strategy over and over again in cycles because it worked in the past.

Vince McMahon isn't reinventing the wheel. He won't be doing anything with Roman Reigns that hasn't been done ad nauseum already.

As for Breaking Bad, that too, follows a template. They grab the viewer, progress a storyline and finish the plot with a clever twist that leaves us grasping its meaning.

None of this is bad or good. Executives research which methodology will grab the most money in both the long and short term, calculate risk and then take action. It is just that simple.