• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Huh? Who?? U mean Styles????
UFC Heavyweight Champion, Stipe Miocic
stipe-miocic-poses-with-his-new-ufc-heavyweight-championship-belt-picture-id531492276

Reactions: seabs

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
The point I'm trying to get at is seeing Lesnar hold that top title is just a waste of different story-lines. No one wants to see Lesnar hold a title and rarely defend it to then only lose it where he's not the one that has to get pinned. It's repetitive and boring, I get the idea that he is a beast and nearly indestructible but they should book him how they've been booking Braun since the beginning of his solo run.
So okay let's say by yours and many other logic they just get rid of Brock (first idea) then we just watch as WWE still make a clusterfuck of making stories and then they'll be over using Cena AGAIN, pushing Roman Reigns waaaayyy too much and in the meantime, either overlooking talents or just let Braun Strowman go on a HULK SMASH spree. I hear what you were saying but let's not forget his minimal use also fills in that area where he don't have to do the same back and forth as well. Even if they started passing the title around to Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, The Miz or Finn Balor, I wouldn't want to watch it because that champ would simply not have any direction from there on (well maybe Balor) imo.

Okay let's say Brock Lesnar has to perform weekly and have to do a long journey to win back the Universal title. Now how would that help? We'll see Brock come in thrash guys move on to the next. The promos would be outstanding and any ambushes from anywhere (whether he would do most of them or some ambushes were done to him). Like would we really be surprised if he goes after whoever has the belt or he does it effortlessly? I know I wouldn't, for me it would become EASILY mundane and boring. If people are that concern I think they should go back and see his old work where he was around every week. And let us not forget that the man has or had diverticulitis which has put a strain on his career as an athlete.

Is it a big slap in the face to the fans and superstars when top superstars like Brock or Cena, are allowed to take the title and hold on to it without competing every week after? Yes but I believe that is the point as much grief as people give Brock, he still does his job well of not maintaining a fan base or (televised) friendships because he doesn't want you to like him or need you to like him. And the people love it and respect it because they see he's this tough bad ass that can snap at any moments notice. He was been using this attitude and persona for quite some time. He has worked his ass off weekly when he first started and I don't think he has to prove that he can work week after week. As I see it, they are setting up a hierarchy where you have your jobbers, mid-carders, fan favorites/top superstars and then u have that higher tier of a Brock Lesnar or John Cena or Goldberg or Undertaker and so on.

Whether Lesnar gets pinned or not, doesn't matter, a win is a win. Look back at when Seth Rollins, cashed in on Roman & Brock's match at WrestleMania 31, hated that Seth interfered in a great match but I could understand the reason why and what could happen next. I mean the guy have to be beat somehow, every person on Earth gets beat at something one way or the other but what's more important is how they fight back to win.

That's my take on all this.

Last edited:

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
So okay let's say by yours and many other logic they just get rid of Brock (first idea) then we just watch as WWE still make a clusterfuck of making stories and then they'll be over using Cena AGAIN, pushing Roman Reigns waaaayyy too much and in the meantime, either overlooking talents or just let Braun Strowman go on a HULK SMASH spree. I hear what you were saying but let's not forget his minimal use also fills in that area where he don't have to do the same back and forth as well. Even if they started passing the title around to Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, The Miz or Finn Balor, I wouldn't want to watch it because that champ would simply not have any direction from there on (well maybe Balor) imo.

Okay let's say Brock Lesnar has to perform weekly and have to do a long journey to win back the Universal title. Now how would that help? We'll see Brock come in thrash guys move on to the next. The promos would be outstanding and any ambushes from anywhere (whether he would do most of them or some ambushes were done to him). Like would we really be surprised if he goes after whoever has the belt or he does it effortlessly? I know I wouldn't, for me it would become EASILY mundane and boring. If people are that concern I think they should go back and see his old work where he was around every week. And let us not forget that the man has or had diverticulitis which has put a strain on his career as an athlete.

Is it a big slap in the face to the fans and superstars when top superstars like Brock or Cena, are allowed to take the title and hold on to it without competing every week after? Yes but I believe that is the point as much grief as people give Brock, he still does his job well of not maintaining a fan base or (televised) friendships because he doesn't want you to like him or need you to like him. And the people love it and respect it because they see he's this tough bad ass that can snap at any moments notice. He was been using this attitude and persona for quite some time. He has worked his ass off weekly when he first started and I don't think he has to prove that he can work week after week. As I see it, they are setting up a hierarchy where you have your jobbers, mid-carders, fan favorites/top superstars and then u have that higher tier of a Brock Lesnar or John Cena or Goldberg or Undertaker and so on.

Whether Lesnar gets pinned or not, doesn't matter, a win is a win. Look back at when Seth Rollins, cashed in on Roman & Brock's match at WrestleMania 31, hated that Seth interfered in a great match but I could understand the reason why and what could happen next. I mean the guy have to be beat somehow, every person on Earth gets beat at something one way or the other but what's more important is how they fight back to win.

That's my take on all this.
In my opinion, Lesnar should only appear a handful of times because it's true that he gives an aura, but because of that I don't want him being the Champion. I would rather have the title being passed around more than WCW than have it disappear altogether, and I hate short reigns. I just find the fact that he never defends it is stupid. I'd love if he never showed up on TV, but wrestle every Raw ppv with Paul Heyman doing promo work on the ppv.

Point I'm trying to make is nothing is worse for a title than not being around, and with the current setup that's what's going on

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
In my opinion, Lesnar should only appear a handful of times because it's true that he gives an aura, but because of that I don't want him being the Champion. I would rather have the title being passed around more than WCW than have it disappear altogether, and I hate short reigns. I just find the fact that he never defends it is stupid. I'd love if he never showed up on TV, but wrestle every Raw ppv with Paul Heyman doing promo work on the ppv.

Point I'm trying to make is nothing is worse for a title than not being around, and with the current setup that's what's going on
Okay cool so I understand what you and I can agree maybe we dont need him as a champ ESPECIALLY EVERY TIME he makes his return. He is great without going after any title, I do believe he need some type of achievement to stand as why you don't fuck with Lesnar other than his in-ring record. I also hate the short title reigns as well, WWE for whatever reason keep doing these at times I believe to show that is it possible to be on top of the mountain one week and at the bottom the next month.

He does defend the title but I know what you mean (he hardly ever has to defend on Raw). Now you said you would love if he was never on TV (on Raw) and did all his fights on PPVs as well as his promos BUT here we go again with this being bad in both Brock and the WWE favors. Because if he just exclusively appear on PPVs only then as fans (long time or new) it would take away from a build up and lay out proper groundwork for his destruction and mayhem. We all deserve some type of understanding of why 'this guy' wants to tear 'that guy' alive. Now as far as all his physical work being only show in PPVs, I can kinda get on board with that but you know we'll still have complainers about he doesn't do enough, it's not fair, they want more from him and then we're right back to square one with fans wanting Brock to go back to UFC or work permanently at WWE on a weekly basis lol.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Good...I hope he goes back to UFC...
its more his style anyway. The matches
are actually expected to be short

And...that's about as in-depth as my
opinion gets on this matter.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Good...I hope he goes back to UFC...
its more his style anyway. The matches
are actually expected to be short

And...that's about as in-depth as my
opinion gets on this matter.
UFC fights are booked for 25 minutes if hes the main / title fight though, he went 15 in his last fight also. Not every fight even in the HW division is a 1 minute slugfest lol.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The average is actually 9-10 minutes from last I heard. I don't watch UFC, but I read it online so it must be true
Fair enough...

I have to admit the only UFC I've really
watched is some Ronda Rousey fights...

But my original statement still stands.

UFC Main Event Fights are generally shorter
than the expected time of a WWE main event.

Also...this video...

Reactions: Doxo

Jackhammer

Jobber
Reaction score
I almost don't want him to fight in case he gets dropped. He is getting on in age now.

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Since Wrestlemania Brock's contract has been adjusted for more appearances but the downside was that it was shortened to just after next Wrestlemania.

The story has always been clear. He shows up occasionally to promote a huge draw match between himself and someone that the company want to establish as top level talent. We've seen that with Samoa Joe. We will see that with Strowman, Balor, Rollins and Wyatt before we get to next Wrestlemania.

The solid details aren't known, though I think it will be Elimination Chamber, but Roman Reigns will be winning the right to face Lesnar in the main event at Wrestlemania. At that time, it will be known that Brock is leaving in order to encourage the crowd to get behind Roman in taking back the belt before Brock leaves. Roman Reigns will then replace Lesnar. Lesnar is not expected to sign a new WWE contract at that time. The company are not planning to offer him a particularly good one.

Roman Reigns, right now, is steadily increasing in popularity. This story is working and, as such, they're planning to stick with it. There are a lot of voices who want a title change at Summerslam but it was Vince McMahon who decided on this storyline personally. I expect it to stay. So far, I'm enjoying it too.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Roman Reigns, right now, is steadily increasing in popularity.
He is? So...he's getting booed less?

Must have been that attempted murder at Great Balls of Fire...
and the perfect double turn opportunity that the WWE flushed
down the toilet the next night on RAW.

I honestly wouldn't know cause well...
I don't watch any of his matches or
promos...no matter who he is fighting.

In saying that...I'll be glad when Lesnar
is gone...because I'd personally rather
see a full time performer as the Universal
Champion.

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
They don't need to double turn. Roman is already heel and Strowman is already face.

And yes, the attempted murder angle genuinely made Roman more popular. WWE have made a point of going full attitude era with Roman for a while now. Since his feud with AJ Styles in fact when they were fighting through the crowd. Unfortunately the injury to Balor meant that Roman had to go face again for a while to have someone lined up against KO. That all ended at the Rumble.

If you listen to the response he gets when coming out for that 3 man segment the Raw before last it is a decidedly more positive reaction. I also take regular polls on Twitter and his numbers are definitely on a slow increase.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
They don't need to double turn. Roman is already heel and Strowman is already face.

And yes, the attempted murder angle genuinely made Roman more popular. WWE have made a point of going full attitude era with Roman for a while now. Since his feud with AJ Styles in fact when they were fighting through the crowd. Unfortunately the injury to Balor meant that Roman had to go face again for a while to have someone lined up against KO. That all ended at the Rumble.

If you listen to the response he gets when coming out for that 3 man segment the Raw before last it is a decidedly more positive reaction. I also take regular polls on Twitter and his numbers are definitely on a slow increase.
Wow...a slow increase after how many years
into a constant push?

I guess if you keep serving up the same food
every day for years eventually everyone will
eat it.

Not me...I'd rather starve.

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]