Lesnar vs. Orton Match Discussed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't know how any of you can slag off Brock's promo then suck off guys like Cody Rhodes and such. I guess because he doesn't talk in a monotone, drab voice like a Blue robot (Jericho, Cody, Danielson, I'm looking at you) he isn't considered mic greatness huh.

His dickish character since coming back has been pretty fucking good, tbh.

Also, Orton barely talks at all anymore, why are people still holding some sort of grudge against the guy for previous horrible promos as if he can't ever possibly improve.....

Blujay

Reaction score
I don't know how any of you can slag off Brock's promo then suck off guys like Cody Rhodes and such. I guess because he doesn't talk in a monotone, drab voice like a Blue robot (Jericho, Cody, Danielson, I'm looking at you) he isn't considered mic greatness huh.

His dickish character since coming back has been pretty fucking good, tbh.

Also, Orton barely talks at all anymore, why are people still holding some sort of grudge against the guy for previous horrible promos as if he can't ever possibly improve.....

It appears that the only one sucking anyone off, metaphorically of course, is you. With THIS character, Orton is terrible when it comes to promos. There is no flare to what he says. When he had the Legend Killer gimmick, hell even during his Age of Orton era he showed charisma. Granted the well he was dipping in was shallow at best it was still leaps and bounds better than whatever the fuck he's supposed to be now. Brock's promo on Monday was drawn out and awkward. He fumbled over words and made obvious grammar errors that just make you cringe. The crowd was "What" chanting at him for fuck's sake. Neither man has ever been good at promos. The structure, the delivery, the execution, the emotion, etc. Danielson has never been gold at promos either. Cody is getting there. He's actually played various characters. He showed flare in the Dashing gimmick, no matter how debatable the good or bad of that gimmick was. Jericho's current persona has more flare than Jeri-suit did. But even then, I'm not harping on the monotony of the voices Orton and Lesnar have. Its the flow and natural feeling that comes with it. Neither guy has ever had that "natural" edge on the mic which is why we don't want to hear the fucking promos from them. We're more interested in the match, as we should be. The build, as I said, should be physical and NOT rely on their weakness IE, their damned mic work.

AF.

Reaction score
Wonder how Orton will react when Brock fucks him up legitimately.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
If Orton and Brock feud, I don't see Orton taking bumps like Cena did, and to be honest I don't think he'd be able to take them as well as Cena did. It will be a Wrestling match rather then brawl like it was with Cena.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Then you might as well kill the company Troy, because if Lesnar is only there for a year and he fucks over the likes of Punk before leaving then WWE will be right back where the started. Besides just because Lesnar is the biggest draw does not mean he should win every match. In Pro Wrestling winning or losing are not the be all or end or, if it is booked in the correct way fans can buy it. For example you could say Brock might be ring rusty having been away eight years. WWE and UFC are different, different audiences, different concepts.

I still think if they offered Lesnar a Triple H style deal where he only wrestles three or four big matches a year, and made the odd raw show then he might be tempted to sign long term. Don't get me wrong I am pleased he is back, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, this could still back fire on WWE.
This is a very good point.

Lesnar's "I'm all about me" schtick goes much further than his current WWE persona.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wins and losses don't mean shit when you are a bonafide maineventer.

Cena and Orton could lose to Hornswoggle and still be over with the crowd. So losing to Lesnar wouldn't be that big of a deal, especially if you lost and put up a good fight with a guy who was a former UFC Heavyweight champion.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
f4wonline said:
Orton/Lesnar Scrapped
The reported possibility of Randy Orton versus Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam has been taken off the table according to F4Wonline.com. WWE is said to be set on Triple H and Brock Lesnar getting in the ring at SummerSlam and that Orton as a possible opponent has recently become considerably less popular among WWE officials.

I don't think Orton v Lesnar at SummerSlam would of been that big of a match and the build would of been shotty. Both guys aren't excellent on the mic but decent. Triple H vs Lesnar would be much better as HHH can carry a lot of the mic work with some input by Brock in the promos but also some help from Heyman.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
HHH to derail Brock's momentum no doubt.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler