Legendary Harley Race stories

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Fiend

Reaction score

flare.jpg

The Fiend

Reaction score
Harley Race vs The Hells Angels

I have heard two different accounts of this story
One involves the guy lunging at Harley with a knife told by Ric Flair but this is what culture wrote regarding the incident

Some wrestlers are legitimate tough guys who would give any man a run for his money - and they don't come much tougher than the 'King of the Ring' Harley Race.

From an early age, Race was extremely good at fighting. Suspended from school for punching out his principal, he went on to be a wrestler whose gimmick revolved around being able to beat literally anyone in a legitimate fight. Race would take on audience members for money, regardless of their size, strength or experience in the ring. He never lost.

Harley was also an extremely proficient heel, being stabbed, shot at and attacked by outraged audience members throughout his career. In the early 1980s, when Race was one of the biggest wrestling stars in the world, a group of Hell's Angels looking bikers in Eugene, Oregon began heckling him and challenging him to a real fight.

After the show had ended, the men loitered around the building, obviously still looking for trouble. Picking the biggest of the hecklers, Race warned the man that hed get hurt if the got in the ring, but the big biker was adamant, so Harley dutifully took him apart.

According to Race's autobiography;

"He quickly lunged into me, and I flung my head full force at his. My forehead against his nose was like concrete against an egg. His nose cracked, and blood spewed out of his nostrils. Just to add an exclamation point, I cross-faced him into a version of a sleeper hold so his buddies could watch him pass out while they saw a crimson highway of blood flowing from his nose to the mat. After a couple of seconds, his body went limp and I released the grip."

Apparently, onlookers thought the biker was dead.

The moral of the story? Dont f*ck with Harley Race.”