LC9: Ryan vs. Defiant-Sensei

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score

Ryan's Entry
silenceofthelambs.png

Defiant-Sensei's Entry
oiidl.jpg

When voting, please clearly specify who you are voting for. Support for your vote is greatly appreciated but not required.
The battle will close on Tuesday June 13, 2012 at 10 P.M. (Central Time)
Good luck!

The_King

Reaction score
Ryan: Love the background work around the picture frame. The lighting and overall look of the work is very dark and sets the mood. The actual 'picture' portion is okay with the reddish coloring sticking out a bit too much and the Hannibal render being a touch too dark.
Defiant: Just not a fan of this one personally. My problem with it is the main render. The effects on it just ruin the piece for me, but I have a feeling that I'll be the only one who thinks that haha.

My vote goes to Ryan.

Ryan

Reaction score
Ryan: Love the background work around the picture frame. The lighting and overall look of the work is very dark and sets the mood. The actual 'picture' portion is okay with the reddish coloring sticking out a bit too much and the Hannibal render being a touch too dark.
Defiant: Just not a fan of this one personally. My problem with it is the main render. The effects on it just ruin the piece for me, but I have a feeling that I'll be the only one who thinks that haha.

My vote goes to Ryan.

Thanks for the vote. I actually tried to make just the blood stick out, but I found that there was no easy way of doing that without saturating the hell out of all of the reds which resulted in a picture that, I agree, was overly red. Depending on your computer screen it could be even worse too. I also darkened the picture and thought it might be too dark but wanted it dark. I'm not criticizing your critique here, I'm just telling you what I did to result in some of your criticisms which I agree with.

I could go back and turn the reds down and brighten the image, but that wouldn't really be fair to Defiant since he's probably not changing his entry according to critiques.

Anyway, good luck Defiant. I can say I've been wanting to face you so may the better graphics makers (or at least the better one for this battle) win.

Last edited:

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Agree with The_King and I also think the way Ryan did it with the frame and him holding it is genius, very well done, you pulled it off. I vote Ryan.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I vote Defiant-sensei. Love the piece and I'm a fan of RDR.

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
i like this more....some different work and execution.....
Ryan:kinda creative work overall....nice work with the frame and overall render portion ...only BG will be the weak point but overall it fits the theme very well....
Defiant: it's come out as your weakest work ,but not the worst.......feel some kinda quick work but i liked the way you used colors here.....
ryan gets mine ..with overall execution and work....

Andy

Reaction score
Battle is now over.
Ryan (3) def. Defiant-Sensei (1)
Congrats to Ryan!