LC17: Friendly- !PHENOM! v. Ryan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
!PHENOM!'s Entry
finalwwe13.jpg

Ryan's Entry
dkcrfinal3d.png

This is just a friendly. It will not affect the competitor's records but please, still vote!
When voting, please clearly specify who you are voting for. Support for your vote is greatly appreciated but not required.
The battle will close on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. (Eastern Time)Good luck!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
These are both great, but I gotta' go with Ryan, and no offense to Phenom, but I don't think it's close because this is by far my favorite piece Ryan's ever made (and I've seen a lot of his work).

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
Thanks for this ryan,king....motivate for doing more this stuff....

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Jesus christ, these are 2 of the best graphics I have ever seen. Both are simply faultless however I go with Phenom here It's so consistent plus there's the CD as well which is epic. Both out of this world though.

The_King

Reaction score
Both are awesome pieces.
Phenom: Great piece and the mood definitely fits the game. A few noticeable flaws- the Cena and Sheamus faces on the front cover look a bit weird. The front cover could be brightened more to pop, and for some reason, Punk looks a little odd on the front cover. The disk is pretty much perfect.
Ryan: Graphically, it's awesome. The only real complaint I have is that there is far too much black space on the back cover, but it still works. Also, the back cover kinda' ruins the feeling of a video game cover (no thumbnails/credits/etc.).

If I'm voting based solely on the graphics, I'd give it to Ryan. If I'm considering the theme, I have to give it to Phenom b/c it feels more like a box art.
Ultimately, I vote for Ryan.

Ryan

Reaction score
Yea, I realize it's minimalistic in terms of standard box art fare such as screenshots and what not and that was purposeful because the site I originally posted on had a collection of minimalistic box arts. The box was supposed to mimic a level from the game called Sunset Shores which, if you look, is similar in that everything is silhouetted except the background. There's also a level in the original DKC which is similar in concept but I don't remember the name of that one. However, I totally see where you're coming from since it isn't your typical box art. I thought about posting one of my other ones but graphically, this is the best I've ever made. That whole box is custom made in Illustrator with the sole exceptions being the texture I used to make the clouds in the background and the Wii logo.

Here's a screenshot from Sunset Shores just so everyone can see my inspiration: http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2010/06/15/donkey-kong-country-returns-20100615111741270-3237011.jpg.

I'm not criticizing your critique either I just like to let everyone know what my thought process was at the time.

I actually had an absolutely kick ass sequel box planned but just never acquired the skill necessary to make it and I absolutely did not want to half ass it. It's all together in my head though if I ever get the time to start working on Illustrator again and the resources needed to start the drawing process.

Last edited:

The_King

Reaction score
The battle is now closed.
Ryan (2) & Phenom (2) ends in a draw. Good battle and once again, awesome pieces guys!