LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Watched Thor: Love and Thunder today and I enjoyed it more than I expected to. Maybe it helped going in with tempered expectations because I'd heard all the lukewarm/negative reviews for it. I can definitely see why it wasn't as well received, but I don't think it's terrible. Just middle of the road, and suffers from being compared to a whole slate of fantastic movies by Marvel. Christian Bale definitely the highlight when he's in it.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
BB983AB8-6A18-4837-B06C-152DB90B6DC6.jpeg

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Marvel starting to go all DC?

Least Kumail has Chippendales, and that's under the Disney umbrella so I think they could recast him for something else if that awful Eternals story is kiboshed.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah idk why this is news. Marvel doesn’t just announce shit for the sake of announcing it. I’m sure when they have the plan they’ll announce it.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Yeah idk why this is news
There were rumors of Marvel planning a sequel before the first movie was even released. So the actor saying he hasn't heard from Marvel shows that they probably dropped the idea.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
There were rumors of Marvel planning a sequel before the first movie was even released. So the actor saying he hasn't heard from Marvel shows that they probably dropped the idea.
I’m sure they’re still gonna have a sequel. They already have like 20 projects announced. People need to stop thinking that just cause they don’t announce every project immediately that it’s not happening. There’s no way they introduced the Eternals to the MCU only to stop utilizing them.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
With the fact that it bombed financially they may decide against a future production.

Also, who's to say that Kumail Nanjiani is telling the truth. Marvel is so secretive he could have already filmed it and he can't say anything.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kumail injected how much HGH into his body to not even have an action scene.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
MCDSPIN_EC083-e1675803935602.jpg

A Spider-Man Noir live-action series is in the works at Amazon, Variety has learned exclusively.

The untitled series will follow an older, grizzled superhero in 1930s New York City. An individual with knowledge of the project says that the show will be set in its own universe and the main character will not be Peter Parker.

This is the second known project based on the Sony-controlled Marvel characters at Amazon Prime Video and MGM+. It was previously announced that Amazon was moving forward with the series “Silk: Spider Society” from showrunner Angela Kang, with several other shows in the works. It is unknown at this time which other Marvel characters will be featured in the other Amazon shows, though Sony currently controls over 900 such characters associated with the Spider-Man franchise.

Oren Uziel will serve as writer and executive producer on the Spider-Man Noir show. Uziel developed the show along with “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” producers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and former Sony boss Amy Pascal, who all executive produce. Pascal executive produces via Pascal Pictures. Sony Pictures Television is the studio, with Lord and Miller currently under an overall deal there.

Uziel most recently worked on the screenplay for the romantic comedy feature “The Lost City” starring Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. His other writing credits include “22 Jump Street,” the 2021 “Mortal Kombat” film, and “The Cloverfield Paradox.” He has also worked on the scripts for upcoming films like “John Wick 4” and “Borderlands,” based on the video game of the same name.

He is repped by Curate and Myman Greenspan.

The Spider-Man Noir comics originally debuted in 2009 as part of the Marvel Noir universe. That version of the iconic superhero lives in New York during the Great Depression. He is bitten by a spider hidden inside a stolen artifact, causing him to have visions of a spider-god who grants him superpowers. The character has previously appeared onscreen in the animated series “Ultimate Spider-Man” with Milo Ventimiglia providing his voice, while Nicolas Cage voiced the character in “Into the Spider-Verse.” The Amazon show will be the first live-action iteration of Spider-Man Noir.

Sony has released multiple Spider-Man live-action films in the past and currently works with Marvel Studios on the rebooted film franchise starring Tom Holland via Columbia Pictures. Sony is also behind “Into the Spider-Verse,” which won the Academy Award for best animated film in 2019. Two sequels to that film are currently in the works, with the first — “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” — due out in theaters in June 2023.

To date, Sony has also released the live-action films “Venom” and its sequel “Let There Be Carnage” starring Tom Hardy, as well as “Morbius” starring Jared Leto. A third “Venom” film is currently in development, while Sony is also at work on film versions of characters like “Kraven the Hunter” starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson and “Madame Web” starring Dakota Johnson, among several others.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I can dig that. Being a fan of the Comics should be interesting how the Series goes. Dick Tracy meets Spider-Man how can not love that Combo.

Reactions: Marty McFourth