• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Deezy

DZ PZ
Karen Page is the woat character......she was even so hated Kevin Smith had to kill her off in his comic run.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Donald-Glover-and-Spiderman-Split-Publicity-H-2022.jpg

Donald Glover is set to join Sony Pictures’ universe of Marvel characters, as the star and producer of a movie based on the Spider-Man villain the Hypno-Hustler. The project is in its earliest stages, with no script or director, but Myles Murphy (the son of Eddie Murphy) is attached to write the screenplay.

The Hypno-Hustler, who first appeared in Marvel comics in 1978, is one of Spider-Man’s more obscure villains, with the ability to hypnotize his victims with his guitar. By day, he’s known as Antoine Desloin, lead singer of a band called the Mercy Killers — they use their music to rob their audiences.

As is the case with all of Sony’s live-action Marvel movies, Spider-Man himself almost certainly won’t be a part of the project. But Glover’s involvement is noteworthy for Spidey fans, as the actor-musician has been a fan-favorite to play the web-slinger ever since a 2010 article by writer Marc Bernardin that pointed out there is no reason why Spider-Man has to be white. Glover eventually appeared in 2017’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming” as Aaron Davis, the uncle of Miles Morales — the Black teenager introduced in Marvel comics in 2011 who eventually becomes Spider-Man. Glover also voiced Miles in the 2015 Disney XD series “Ultimate Spider-Man.”

The Hypno-Hustler is the latest personality from Sony’s trove of Spider-Man characters to get a feature film treatment, following 2018’s “Venom,” 2022’s “Morbius,” 2023’s “Kraven the Hunter” and 2024’s “Madame Web.”

Glover will next appear opposite Maya Erskine (“Pen15”) in the Amazon Prime Video series “Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” which he co-created and executive produces.

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news.

Marty McFourth

I dunno about you guys but I'm all in for that project. I think Donald Glover is perfect for that part too.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
I really like Glover but after Morbius and the two Venom movies, it's hard to get excited for whatever Sony is trying to do
:deandre

Sabretooth

Bro who the fuck wants to see this lmao. They already fucked up Venom and Morbius and now I’m supposed to get excited for some random ass character that no one’s ever heard of. Spare me.

Marty McFourth

I think it sounds awesome personally but I get the Sony movies haven't got the best track record. I quite like when they give the more obscure characters some spotlight.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
I would say Glover with his skills and even a Character like Hypno-Hustler which is an Character who hasn't been used in the Comics can really open up some things I must say. He's not gonna look like that he's going to have all that charisma while adding some new things to the Character no doubt. I get it people haven't been liking the Venom Movies or Mobius(haven't seen as of yet), but theirs enough positive things that are going to happen I feel. You've got Kraven The Hunter played by Aaron Taylor Johnson, and the Madame Web Movie which people are saying could be not origins Story, but rather a Movie of Time Travel saving Peter's future. If not for that rumor on the Plot I have enough faith with the Cast involved that Film will do good to great.

Deezy

DZ PZ
So this character isn't "mainstream enough"?

Neither were the Guardians of The Galaxy.......as long as Donald Glover is given carte blanche with it, I'd be fine with this.