• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lazy storytelling or is there a revelation to be found.

Redboy123@

Why is Vince screwing Kofi all the time?

Well it's because he is Vince McMahon and he likes showing off he's power.

WWE can easily just leave it there with explaining the reason behind Vince screwing Kofi.

I think that's lazy storytelling. I need more meat on the bone.

What if its because Vince just doesn't like Kofi. Maybe Kofi fucked Linda? Or Stephanie? Or Cena?

I would love for there to be more to this story then boring McMahon bullshit

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Man. I thought the whole point of VKM screwing with Kofi was because "he isn't marketable". That's cool, it works okay when Vince did it, because they booked themselves in a corner with Kofi vs Bryan at Fast Lane and that was a quality way out...

But that was all you needed. "Meh, you don't want Kofi in the main event, you want this bigger guy instead! Enter, Kevin Owens!" fits the perception of Vince McMahon perfectly, and gets us behind Kofi as being the everyman that Vince can't stand to push (though Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins... etc) on top of the racial component I won't get into lol. Now Fast Lane's gone. You got through the box you were stuck in, you got your big moment to get Kofi even more over, and that was all you needed.

I don't understand why they did that stuff at Fast Lane. "To get Kofi even more over" lol, why? Dude's already crazy over, all this did was make him look like a dweeb because you don't need Vince having anything personal against Kofi, just not wanting smaller dudes in the main event. That storyline's kinda gone now and Vince hating a wrestler for no damn reason and him having to fight his way to the top sounds hella terrible.

Wrestlemania 34: The year where the simplest shit ever became the hardest thing to book

Redboy123@

Absolute bollocks

This has nothing to do with Sall dudes and big dudes. That just what you have interpreted.

If Vince wants only big dudes at Wrestlemania then why the fuck did he give Ali the title match at Fastlane. He had a very good chance at winning the title. Clearly nothing to do with Vinces personal bias for big dudes. He literally gave a small vanilla midget the opportunity to become champion and headline Mania.

That is a bullshit answer has far as I'm concerned. If he likes Owens so much, then why did he put the odds against him at Fastlane? KO is box office, right? Clearly Vince doesn't care if a small guy or a fat guy becomes champion.

He clearly has a problem with Kofi specifically as Ali is basically a small plucky babyface in the same vain as Kofi.

Ali is a Muslim. That's very unmarketable in America by vinces logic. Vince still gave him the biggest advantage at going to Mania as champ.

Last edited:

Crash

What a mark...

To be honest I don't give up damn if all the Mcmahons are involved in the storyline, as long as they are not involved in the match.

Solid Snake

Champion
49120294e63fcafd04293b47e35b76ee.jpg

Kofi is married with children. I know it isn't unheard of for guys in the WWE to cheat on their spouse even if there are kids involved (Screw you Bray!) but given the impression he gives off and his personality, this is very unlikely.

I don't think Kofi did anything. I think this is either Vince overthinking the booking or the writers hesitating in fear it isn't the right time. This happened with Daniel Bryan... He was VERY over with people and still wasn't given the big moments. Maybe they want to build him the same way? I don't know why they would considering they waited too long for D Bry and it blew up in their face.

Or maybe they are waiting till the New Day breaks up so Kofi can feud with Big E?

I really don't know what they are thinking with this one but I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with Kofi doing something wrong or Vince not liking him for no reason.

Redboy123@

49120294e63fcafd04293b47e35b76ee.jpg

Kofi is married with children. I know it isn't unheard of for guys in the WWE to cheat on their spouse even if there are kids involved (Screw you Bray!) but given the impression he gives off and his personality, this is very unlikely.

I don't think Kofi did anything. I think this is either Vince overthinking the booking or the writers hesitating in fear it isn't the right time. This happened with Daniel Bryan... He was VERY over with people and still wasn't given the big moments. Maybe they want to build him the same way? I don't know why they would considering they waited too long for D Bry and it blew up in their face.

Or maybe they are waiting till the New Day breaks up so Kofi can feud with Big E?

I really don't know what they are thinking with this one but I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with Kofi doing something wrong or Vince not liking him for no reason.
I'm going of the fact wrestling is scripted. They are telling a story. I am poking a hole in the story. Is the character of Vinces actions based on him just wanting to exert he's dominance or is there more juicy motivation too unfold. This is fictional. You have to be a lazy writer if you are just gonna settle on the boring 'I'm Vince McMahon and you don't know what you want' bs that we've seen before. I am querying the possibility that there is more then meets the eye. This is a soap opera after all. At the very least I'm highlighting something they definitely should consider.

Solid Snake

Champion
I'm going of the fact wrestling is scripted. They are telling a story. I am poking a hole in the story. Is the character of Vinces actions based on him just wanting to exert he's dominance or is there more juicy motivation too unfold. This is fictional. You have to be a lazy writer if you are just gonna settle on the boring 'I'm Vince McMahon and you don't know what you want' bs that we've seen before. I am querying the possibility that there is more then meets the eye. This is a soap opera after all. At the very least I'm highlighting something they definitely should consider.
Ah I see. Well, if that is the case I think the issue is lacking depth but this isn't just for Kofi's storyline but most of them.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
I mean the feud's not over yet, it really just kicked off. So maybe they'll elaborate on what you're missing. Vince could very well give us a reason as to why he's not willing to trust Kofi as much as the other talent on the roster. They could bring Kofi's 09 push up and how he "disappointed" Vince back then.
If it was up to me, I'd bring Randy into this as well and turn the whole "stupid" incident into an angle where Kofi has to defeat Randy on an episode of Smackdown to redeem himself and pick up where he left off almost a decade ago, in order to get Vince's trust back and aim for Bryan. I hate fantasy booking why am I doing this

Redboy123@

I mean the feud's not over yet, it really just kicked off. So maybe they'll elaborate on what you're missing. Vince could very well give us a reason as to why he's not willing to trust Kofi as much as the other talent on the roster. They could bring Kofi's 09 push up and how he "disappointed" Vince back then.
If it was up to me, I'd bring Randy into this as well and turn the whole "stupid" incident into an angle where Kofi has to defeat Randy on an episode of Smackdown to redeem himself and pick up where he left off almost a decade ago, in order to aim for Bryan. I hate fantasy booking why am I doing this
Yeah if you read the thread title before you comment on it then you would know that I have stated that we may find out the reason later on.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Yeah if you read the thread title before you comment on it then you would know that I have stated that we may find out the reason later on.
well then excuse me, let me rephrase it for you. Yes, there is probably a revelation to be found. This is fun!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Absolute bollocks

This has nothing to do with Sall dudes and big dudes. That just what you have interpreted.

If Vince wants only big dudes at Wrestlemania then why the fuck did he give Ali the title match at Fastlane. He had a very good chance at winning the title. Clearly nothing to do with Vinces personal bias for big dudes. He literally gave a small vanilla midget the opportunity to become champion and headline Mania.

That is a bullshit answer has far as I'm concerned. If he likes Owens so much, then why did he put the odds against him at Fastlane? KO is box office, right? Clearly Vince doesn't care if a small guy or a fat guy becomes champion.

He clearly has a problem with Kofi specifically as Ali is basically a small plucky babyface in the same vain as Kofi.

Ali is a Muslim. That's very unmarketable in America by vinces logic. Vince still gave him the biggest advantage at going to Mania as champ.

That was the best I could do lol

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
In my view, this is 2014 all over again with WWE basically repeating the Daniel Bryan storyline, only this time with Kofi. The "B+ player" line that has been referenced in more then one occasions, the "management repeatedly screweing over the underdog baby face", I'm telling ya, it's 2014 all over again.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they even do a "Occupy Smackdown" just like they did back then with DB on RAW, something they may have even telegraphed on SD the other day. All the babyfaces wishing Kofi good luck during their promos, the cuts backstage during the gauntlet match with the faces chearing Kofi...I can see this angle being played out where the faces all get together and refuse to let the show go on until justice is restored and Kofi gets his rightful opportunity at Mania...

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
In my view, this is 2014 all over again with WWE basically repeating the Daniel Bryan storyline, only this time with Kofi. The "B+ player" line that has been referenced in more then one occasions, the "management repeatedly screweing over the underdog baby face", I'm telling ya, it's 2014 all over again.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they even do a "Occupy Smackdown" just like they did back then with DB on RAW, something they may have even telegraphed on SD the other day. All the babyfaces wishing Kofi good luck during their promos, the cuts backstage during the gauntlet match with the faces chearing Kofi...I can see this angle being played out where the faces all get together and refuse to let the show go on until justice is restored and Kofi gets his rightful opportunity at Mania...

Agree 100% - the rallying support behind Kofi, the B+ reference, the management trying to prevent a rise to the top.

Copy / Cut / Paste.

Last edited: