LaVar and Lonzo Ball To Appear On Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
ProWrestlingSheet reported that there are plans for LaVar Ball and Lonzo Ball to appear on Raw this upcoming week, which emanates from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The two sides have been in talks to make it happen for quite some time and the talks have been going very well. For those unfamiliar, LaVar Ball runs the Big Baller Brand and is the very outspoken father of Lonzo Ball, who was drafted 2nd overall by the Los Angeles Lakers this past Thursday at the NBA Draft.

We’ll have to wait until Monday to find out if the appearance does in fact go down, but the Titus Brand interacting with the Big Baller Brand would seem to make the most sense, and in addition to that, it would unfortunately kill the Titus Brand.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
LOL

Wait, you're serious???

LOL

Going back to watching New Japan. Dominion is awesome so far!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I have no idea who these nobodies are and I bet most people outside of the United States feel the same way

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wasn't that a disaster.......

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
*scratches head* Uh.... I hv no idea who these ppl are.... I could use some names for dif Wrestling shows to try and watch....

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I have no idea who these nobodies are and I bet most people outside of the United States feel the same way
Not really.
I'm from Europe, me and my friends play basketball and we're very familiar with the Ball family. Just because you don't watch the sport, doesn't mean they're nobodies.
+ These "nobodies" gave RAW a big ratings spike.

Reactions: Dark Kitty

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not really.
I'm from Europe, me and my friends play basketball and we're very familiar with the Ball family. Just because you don't watch the sport, doesn't mean they're nobodies.
+ These "nobodies" gave RAW a big ratings spike.
Basketball is not popular at all in Europe at large. It has its spikes in certain countries (Lithuania, Italy, a few of the Balkan countries) and in parts of others (certain parts of Spain, Stockholm). But it is basically relegated to phys ed in most European countries and rarely gets TV coverage

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I don't watch sports so I had no Idea who the hell the Ball family was but boy did they deliver. A segment so bad it was good and to top it all off we got this:

WWE wanted that main stream attention and they got it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Lonzo was a star player for UCLA, California's college basketball team, when during a slow news day in the American sports media LaVar talked about how he, who was a backup at Washington State (if memory serves me right) came out and talked about how he could beat Michael Jordan in his prime if he had the opportunity, of course Lonzo had talent...

ESPN ran with this as a story, and it got a lot of interest, a lot of buzz, he was brought onto several shows and had some really heated segments on sports talk shows and said the craziest, wackiest shit. He became an IRL pro wrestling heel for seemingly no reason besides when he talked, people tuned in. (America in 2017...)

He talked up how he wanted to control his kids' endorsement deals as only he knew how much they were worth, and creating a Big Baller Brand of ugly ass $500 shoes which became a joke in the urban community and...

TL;DR, even though you knew nothing about LaVar, Raw told you literally everything you need to know. Just some old man screaming a bunch of hot air, the more ridiculous you are, the more Twitter publicity you get, welcome to 2017. Nothing to see here, move along.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Lonzo was a star player for UCLA, California's college basketball team, when during a slow news day in the American sports media LaVar talked about how he, who was a backup at Washington State (if memory serves me right) came out and talked about how he could beat Michael Jordan in his prime if he had the opportunity, of course Lonzo had talent...

ESPN ran with this as a story, and it got a lot of interest, a lot of buzz, he was brought onto several shows and had some really heated segments on sports talk shows and said the craziest, wackiest shit. He became an IRL pro wrestling heel for seemingly no reason besides when he talked, people tuned in. (America in 2017...)

He talked up how he wanted to control his kids' endorsement deals as only he knew how much they were worth, and creating a Big Baller Brand of ugly ass $500 shoes which became a joke in the urban community and...

TL;DR, even though you knew nothing about LaVar, Raw told you literally everything you need to know. Just some old man screaming a bunch of hot air, the more ridiculous you are, the more Twitter publicity you get, welcome to 2017. Nothing to see here, move along.
I expect him to run for office with Cash me outside girl in 2030

• Haha

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I attended the show yesterday and for me, this Miz TV segment was a highlight along with the opening segment, the Enzo/Cass stuff, and the Joe/Lesnar stuff. It wasn't the best segment, but unlike the Alexa Bliss This Is Your Life segment based around Bayley, I actually found it to be entertaining.

However, it should have been just LaVar and Lonzo there. I get LaMelo is part of the Ball family, but why should he be getting any kind of attention? He's also being all over mainstream media, all over high class travel, being on national television, etc. all because big brother got drafted 2nd overall to one of the biggest and most important franchises in the NBA, and last night emphasized why he should be pushed to the side for now. The guy is 15 and clearly still in high school. Keep the attention away from that kid until he at least gets to college.