WrestleMania Latest On Roddy Piper At WWE WrestleMania XXX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
PWMania.com said:
As PWMania.com reported, WWE has discussed Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan and John Cena working together in the main event at WrestleMania XXX. Ideas discussed include Cena and Hogan vs. Piper and another heel, Hogan and Piper vs. Swagger and Cesaro or Hogan vs. Piper in a Legends singles match.

Word is that Piper himself has pitched the idea of teaming with another heel to face Hogan and Cena with the idea that it would play off the WrestleMania I main event, which saw Hogan and Mr. T defeat Piper and Paul Orndorff.

*sigh* Seriously, why would they put that match as the main event, over the WWE title match? This planned match, in all honesty, wouldn't bother me, but if it was to be the main event my jimmies would be rustled. Thoughts?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
No offense Hot Rod, but no thanks. Mania doesn't need to turn into an 'old school' Raw. I've seen plenty of Piper returns to suffice for this lifetime.

Reactions: THG?

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
I really doubt this would happen. And isn't Roddy supposed to be at some ROH shows coming up?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I figured they might go this route and hopefully they don't. I'm fine with a possible Cena/Hogan team being the only callback to the original Wrestlemania main event (and I'm not exactly begging to see that either.) Or if they had Cena against someone one-on-one with Hogan in Cena's corner and Piper in the other guy's corner (but with neither old guy in the ring.) Don't know who that opponent could be, though.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I really doubt this would happen. And isn't Roddy supposed to be at some ROH shows coming up?
Just one that I know of, but what's that gotta do with him appearing at WWE events. Not like he's contracted with ROH.

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
Just one that I know of, but what's that gotta do with him appearing at WWE events. Not like he's contracted with ROH.
I don't know, it just seems odd to me that he would do an ROH event before Wrestlemania buildup.

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hopefully this is ultimately hypes the return of Sean O'Haire.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
He's on a legends contract with the E

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
The only way the Hot Rod should come back, is if he's a manager to a wrestler. He shouldn't be in the ring anymore, it's way past his time. I'll still mark for him when he comes back, bu he shouldn't be wrestling. In fact, I think he should help a new heel gather some heat from the crowd.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
If Hogan or Piper weren't on the card whatsoever, that'd be great.