Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2010 - Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Sheamus

This felt more like a average Raw match than what a PPV should be. The actions was methodical and could really have done with some heightened pace towards the end. But i did like that Cena tried the "I know what your gonna do before you do it" gameplan but it all fell apart towards the end. This was also hurt due to the fact that we knew it couldn't end until Nexus came out. But hey at least they finally built that to a match at Summerslam. After the match, Sheamus runs away, but Cena isn't done. He attacks both Young and Tarver and attempts to end their WWE run for good. (YEAH ATTACKS THE ONLY 2 BLACK MEMBERS, TYPICAL!) **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 06/30/1997 - Kevin Nash vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr.

Rey is all dropkicks to start. He delivers a springboard somersault that takes Nash off his feet. Rey jumps on the cover for 1-2-NO! He tries a sunset flip of sorts, but that proves to be his biggest mistake. Nash lifts him up by the throat and gives Rey an atomic drop of EPIC proportions. Big huge toss out of the corner leads to the JACKKNIFE POWERBOMB as Nash lays a boot on top of him for the 1-2-3. He gives Mysterio another Jackknife after the bell and then decks ref Scott Dickinson. Wait a sec, what’s Konnan doing at the top of the ramp? In full ring attire, no less. While Konnan walks down to the ring, Nash gives Mysterio a THIRD Jackknife. Then, Nash leaves Konnan alone with Rey, who then tries to tear up Rey’s knee. DUD!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 07/07/1997 - Randy Savage (w/Scott Hall & Elizabeth) vs. La Parka

This is all about Randy giving a wrestling lesson, During La Parka’s entrance, they show what he’s been up to lately, which is mostly beating up Super Calo with a chair on a weekly basis. Savage is definitely taking this lightly. He shows La Parka an armdrag or two. Meanwhile, Scott Hall heads over towards the announce position to badger Larry Zbyszko, because Larry has started standing up to these guys while Schiavone and Tenay cower like a couple of a scared little girls. Back in the ring, Savage looks to put away La Parka with a MACHO ELBOW, but flies down onto La Parka’s feet! As Savage gets up, La Parka turns him around for a DIAMOND CUTTER! Off comes the mask to reveal that La Parka is indeed Diamond Dallas Page! The crowd erupts as DDP covers Savage for the 1-2-3! Hall hears the bell and raises his arms, assuming a Savage win. Page quickly escapes through the crowd as Hall runs back to the ring to see what happened. Larry takes off as Hall sees Page in the crowd and flips out. Liz helps Savage out of the ring. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 09/22/1997 - Bill Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus

This is Bill's debut match and Neither Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbyszko, nor Mike Tenay know anything about Goldberg. Goldberg pushes him into the corner and gives him an elbow. Morrus locks up again and grasps the arm but Goldberg reverses as does Morrus and Goldberg again. Goldberg rolls him up and works on the ankle and knee. Morrus gets to the ropes, Morrus is whipped into the corner and he hits him with a back crossbody. He hits his finisher and gets two. The fans are cheering Morrus but Goldberg does a backflip, powerslams him and then scoop slams him and finishes him with the Jackhammer and now fans are cheering him. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 12/15/1997 - Randy Savage (w/Elizabeth) vs. Booker T

Savage and Booker exchange arm holds and kicks along with headlocks. Savage pushes him off but gets run over not once but twice. After a two count Booker works over the arm. Savage is up and fights back but is knocked to the floor. Booker goes out after him, dumps him over the railing and tears off Savage’s shirt before pulling him back over. Back in the ring, Savage charges him but is dropped with a back elbow. Booker axe kicks him and then whips him into the railing. Booker misses the charge and gets walloped with a plastic chair. Savage breaks the count, grabs him and drops him on the railing throat first. Savage rolls him back in and gets two after a bodyslam. He kicks him and a fat fan runs up and Savage kicks him in the head before he is hauled off! Savage goes back after Booker but is nailed with a spinkick and now a dropkick and the ref had to scramble to make sure he gets knocked out. Booker gives him an atomic drop and it is axe kick. Booker goes up top but Liz slows him up and Savage knocks him to the floor and then wallops him with the chair and Liz wakes up the ref as Savage finishes him with the big elbow. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 12/22/1997 - Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera, and Hector Garza vs. Psychosis, Silver King, and La Parka

Some real good shit for 5 minutes. Rey handles Silver King with a Reverse Headscissors, followed by a SPRINGBOARD HURRACANRANA for the 1-2-3! for the finish MARK! Thank god for the lucha libres. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 01/05/1998 - WCW U.S. Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Jericho

After last week’s temper tantrum when Jericho threw ring announcer David Penzer out of his chair and then beat the ringpost with that same chair, Jericho comes out this week and apologizes for his actions because he feels he is a TRUE role model, and gives Penzer a new tuxedo jacket and a new folding chair. Page gets a swinging neckbreaker, Jericho delivers a nice dropkick. Next thing you know, DDP catches a kick. He would ordinarily spin you around for a clothesline, but this time he spins Jericho around for the DIAMOND CUTTER. And the Georgia Dome erupts as Page gets the easy pinfall. 1/2* UGH! What could of been :(

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 03/09/1998 - Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash (w/Eric Bischoff) vs. Sting, The Giant, and Randy Savage (w/Elizabeth)

Always fun when they take your marquee matches for the upcoming PPV and turn the feuds into a tag match and give it time to show the fans what we could be expecting at the PPV. Angle advancement match and nothing more. Most of the match was spent with the Giant getting punished in the corner. It clearly could have been better but going into the PPV the NWO had to be quasi-strong. Nash had to get the upper-hand before being chased off and Hogan needed to look strong going in. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 03/23/1998 - WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting vs. WCW U.S. Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page

Damn good back and forth match with a lot of drama. Easily one of the best Nitro matches as both guys were on Sting looked good and this is quite possible on of his best matches in some time and DDP showed that he's ready for that World Championship. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Nitro 04/20/1998 - WCW U.S. Heavyweight Championship: Raven vs. Goldberg

Easily one of the best Goldberg or Raven matches of all time. Raven lays the belt down in the ring, almost daring Goldberg to cross over. Raven attacks anyway and catches Goldberg with a boot off a corner charge. They go to the floor where Raven gets whipped into the guardrail a bunch. Back in, Goldberg grabs the rolling kneebar. Raven makes the ropes, but takes a reverse kick to put him back on the floor. Raven finds a chair and beats Goldberg. In the ring, Goldberg takes the drop toehold into the chair for two. Raven drops Goldberg to the mat with a chinlock. Goldberg fights out and NO-SELLS a running clothesline in the corner. Raven comes off the ropes and charges right into a SPEAR! Here comes Raven’s Flock. Sick Boy takes him down with a missile dropkick and Kidman jumps off Sick Boy only to be caught and tossed out to the floor. Out goes Sick Boy with a clothesline. Horace Hogan makes his Nitro debut and nails Goldberg with a stop sign. NO-SELL! Goldberg wipes him out with a Spear. Big Reese grabs a choke lift, but Goldberg headbutts him away and gives him the JACKHAMMER! Now that the Flock is done, Raven tries to leave through the crowd, but the fans (one of them is Ralphus) throw Raven back over the guardrail. Goldberg brings Raven into the ring for one more Spear and a JACKHAMMER for 1-2-3! ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2010 - WWE Championship: Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

I loved the story here, Sheamus couldn't put Orton away, but The Viper couldn't hit his signature moves on the Celtic Warrior, neither side would budge! Unfortunately, instead of a side eventually budging, Sheamus grabbed a chair and got himself disqualified to retain the title. UGH! which would set up a rematch. The match was a million times better than the Rumble suckfeast, as Sheamus clearly has improved leaps and bounds in terms of setting the pace and flow of a match. That being said, Orton was crazy over here and I still don't get why WWE hasn't had Sheamus go over a huge face clean yet. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2010 - World Heavyweight Championship: Kane vs. Rey Mysterio

So at the Money in the Bank, Kane won the contract and then cashed in that same night to win the Title from Rey. Kane also supposedly believes that Rey is responsible for putting Undertaker in a vegetative state a few months back, while Rey fired back with accusations that Kane himself was behind it. The match was OK, but certainly nothing special. And didn't even touch some of the stuff they did back in 2008. Post Match: Kane opened the casket, only to find THE UNDERTAKER! The Phenom looked weak, still reeling from the effects of being in a vegetative state for almost three months, but turned his sights on Rey Mysterio. Rey pleaded with Taker, insisting he didn't do it, and The Dead Man believed him, quickly turning his attention to the World Heavyweight Champion. No surprise that Kane turned out to be the culprit, but what was surprising was that Undertaker didn't kick his ass. No, WWE didn't want to actually make anyone happy and give us a feel good Undertaker return, instead he got a Tombstone from Kane too. **3/4

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wrestlemania 33 Main Event

I'll watch it in a few years and get back to you.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2010 - 7-On-7 Elimination Tag Team Match: Team WWE (John Cena, Chris Jericho, Edge, Daniel Bryan, Bret Hart, John Morrison and R-Truth) vs The Nexus (Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Skip Sheffield, Darren Young and Michael Tarver)

I believe the wrong side won here as it’s far too soon for Nexus to be losing decisively. But as for the match is was solid but due to the green-as-grass Nexus guys not really knowing how to work a long match like this. Or even knowing how to work body parts correctly. At times it wasn't believable and i felt some of the stuff they were doing didn't lead to anything, it was more of just to past the time by. And the eliminations were far too close to eachother. ***1/4