• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWE New Years Revolution 2005 - Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship w/ Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels: Triple H vs. Batista vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton

Hand down, THE Chamber match IMO. All six men were in a good groove here and they all had good chemistry with each other. Despite still being a heel here, Batista was really gaining a strong fan following and had eclipsed his former partner Randy Orton as a crowd favorite. The match was on the verge of perfection, but that final segment leading into the finish slowed things up a bit too much. But if you can get past this this was just 40 minutes of perfectly built action, intersecting storylines, and eliminations that keep even the losers strong. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWE SmackDown 9/18/2003 - 60 Minute Iron Man match for The WWE Championship: Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar

Ah, the forgotten Iron Man match. I enjoyed this one because of the intelligence shown by Brock. I also liked that he won the match and title, in true heel like fashion and his intentions was not to wrestle the title away but to steal it and show he is the smarter man. One point in the match, Brock Lesnar beat Angle up with a chair to get DQ’ed, then pins Angle to gain a fall for himself. Brilliant! Why hadn't anybody ever thought of that before? this was a great wrestling match too. I'm so glad i downloaded the commercial free one so i got to see the fantastic contest in full as the two men just went at each other nonstop, especially in the second half, and really delivered on a stipulation that played into the rivalry perfectly. ****1/2 - ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
ROH Unforgettable - James Gibson vs. Roderick Strong

This is Gibson's final ROH match, And apparently Strong has been his protégé for a while, which is weird considering how Strong tried to paralyze him back in April. BJ Whitmer accompanies Gibson to ringside. Another strange choice, as Whitmer left Gibson for the vultures when Spanky turned on him back in August. Really good, hard hitting match that was a fitting end to James Gibson's run in ROH. This had great build and awesome drama. They show a few more clips of Gibson's matches against Samoa Joe from New Frontiers, and the four-way where he won the title at Redemption. Whitmer is in the ring to raise both men's hands, which I guess is cool for them, and that's all that matters, right? Supreme story-telling throughout, and in typically classy fashion, Gibson goes out putting over Roderick in massive fashion (as Strong’s own excellent year continues). I love that Gibson constantly beat on the neck looking for his finishers, but there were other moments, like when he attacked the knee early to show his fear of the backbreakers, or when he went after the hand to stop Strong chopping him. With a touch better selling from both this would’ve been 5 STRAIGHT UP! ****1/2

Captain Charisma

Mike Quackbush vs. Colt Cabana - National Pro Wrestling Day

A great wrestling match which consisted a lot of fun. Colt is so popular, I was asking myself why don't TNA or WWE get him in the their roster but I got my answer. Also crowd loved the match, how could they? Philly fans are the best wrestling fans all around the world. After the match a man, couldnt pay attention to his name, praised Colt's work for indies and declared him as the Ambassador of Indies. Colt had a speech about not going to WWE, not being a part of their junk. He said things about CM Punk and best in the world but cant hear it because of the fans. He said watching indies are nothing to be shamed of and when people asked him what he was doing he was saying I am going to wrestle proudly. This made me a fan of indies.

Gimmick

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The American Wolves - ROH on HDNet 4/10/09
A really fun match here. The commentators could have done with letting the viewer know that it was a pinfall only Tables match, although with the DVD (Kevin Steen: Descent into Madness) only showing the match itself maybe they cut out the stipulations leading up to the match. Still, after the confused silence following the first table spot, this was a really entertaining bout that played host to some exciting sequences and fast paced action. A fun start to the DVD. ***1/2