Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
World Wide Wrestling (15/12/85) - Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Ole Anderson vs. Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA & Manny Fernandez

Just 11 minutes if fun. The crowd was hot from the opening bell to the end, It wasn't a classic wrestling match by any means but just each man doing what they do best as far as being entertaining & being able to hold the hot crowd in the psalms of their hands. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
World Class Championship Wrestling (24/08/82) - 2 out of 3 Falls match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair

Pretty damn good match here, while everyone remembers their cage match & the match were Kerry won the title, in my opinion this was better than both of them. The end of the first fall was hilarious after Flair ducked a punch by Von Erich and hit the ref. The action continued until Von Erich seemingly won with a sleeper. The original ref returned to rule the first fall to Flair via DQ. CHEAP HEEL HEAT! They just went at it for 35 minutes. Von Erich didn't seem to feel like selling much in the early going, but once they settled into a groove these guys tore it up and had the crowd with them the whole way. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Great American Bash (23/07/89) - NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk

This was an incredible bloody, back-and-forth brawl match filled with great psychology; I love the story with Flair & Funk one upping each other by focusing on each other's necks & even using the branding iron against each other at one point or another. I consider this the most hidden of hidden gems cause it gets heavily overshadowed by their "I Quit" match at Clash of the Champions but hot damn this match is almost as good. The post-match brawl was great and sets up numerous angles for the rest of the year ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2008 - Elimination Chamber to become Number One Contender for the WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Umaga vs. JBL vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

This was an all out war, and just what these elimination chamber matches should be. I would have liked a smoother transition between the rapid fire exits of Umaga, Jericho and HBK but every sequence was great with no noticeable weak links. The extended finish is fantastic, I loved the urgent battle with a really strong near-fall that put Hardy over huge before he finally he goes down to a Pedigree but this time on a chair. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 24 - Belfast Brawl: JBL vs. Finlay

This was a ton of fun and it got the right amount of time, they fit just a great amount of brawling and hardcore sports and didn't overdo it. They are two veteran wrestlers that worked hard and put on a good, physical brawl. JBL beating up on swoggle was hilarious too, this was the right pick to open the show. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Spring Stampede (17/04/94) - WCW World Championship: Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Both guys are technically babyfaces, but Flair is on the cuff of a heel turn because Hulk Hogan is on his way in. Man this is such a hidden gem it's unbelievable. There is controversy with the finish as Steamboat then goes for the Double Chicken Wing and Flair rolls him back for the three-count, but Commissioner Nick Bockwinkel rules that a double-pin so that being a tie the title goes to the champ. The title would actually wind up being vacated, though, immediately after this until Flair won a rematch with Steamboat on TV. Anyway the match was fantastic, as could be expected from these two. They told a great story as they started off with some respectful clean wrestling and developed into a heated showdown, pulling out all the stops to score the victory. I loved that they played off their old matches but brought out some new stuff too. The finish wasn't bad in itself as they used it to set up a rematch, which happen a week later on TV. I have this as the 3rd best match of '94 with Bret/Owen WM10 as number one and Bret/Owen SSlam number 2. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

The results of the text poll showed that only 8% gave Orton a chance here. :lmao AWESOME! -Very good match as they crammed a lot into 14 minutes. The triple threat dynamic worked very well here, and the crowd was hot throughout. I loved the finish too with Triple H escapes the F-U and hit’s the pedigree! Cover by Triple H is broken up by Randy Orton’s PUNT TO THE SKULL Orton pins Cena to shock the fans. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 24 - World Heavyweight Title: The Undertaker vs. Edge

Taker gets the usual epic entrance with Druids carrying torches. But Edge doesn’t come to ring alone though as the he has Teddy Long wheel Vickie Guerrero out so he can give her a good luck kiss. Then Teddy promptly wheels her back. This would be the first time since WrestleMania XIX that SmackDown got to close the show. This started very slow and the crowd didn’t seem to care at all, but credit to both men for turning in one hell of a match down the stretch. The match told a great story with Edge wrestling a smart match, always one step ahead of the Undertaker's usual moves, but he made that one mistake and got caught with Hell's gate. GOOD SHIT. There’s WrestleMania win #16 and 2nd run as World Champion for Taker. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 23 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: The Undertaker vs. Batista

This was Taker's first title shot at Mania since 1997. At the time, there were a lot of reports that Big Dave and Taker were upset about not being in the main event and it seems clear they wanted to send a message. And boy did they this was the 4th match into the show and they stole the fucking show. Both men worked their asses off and the end result is the best Streak match up to this point. And it really was the match that put the "STREAK" on the map. Undertaker dominated early, but Batista came back with some power offense including that awesome powerslam through the table. The finishing sequence was terrific with a lot of believable nearfalls. These two had crazy ass chemistry I've seen people call this the weakest but in my opinion I think the Backlash match is the weakest they had on PPV, Cyber Sunday match is still my favorite with this being a close second. Man I really should get a list of all Batista/Taker matches and watch them. Anyway this is WrestleMania win #15 for the Taker and World Title win number 1 as well. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF No Mercy 2001 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. The Rock

This match still holds up, I loved that the whole story and match is featured around the ego-maniacs that Rock and Jericho are and the story is "Can Jericho win the big one?" This forced fans to pick a side, and be more invested than they were for the other match. lol this one month feud was better booked than the whole WWF vs. WCW/ECW. This match is typical of a lot of Y2J/Rock matches in that Y2J carries the match technically and the Rock provides his signature spots to get the crowd even more invested. The ending was a bit of a clusterfuck with Stephanie interfering because she hates both men with a passion, IDK! Anyway Stephanie throws the chair into the ring then the Rock Bottoms her. Jericho uses the distraction to sneak up and hit the Breakdown on the Rock right into the chair for the win. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003 - Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

These two had very good chemistry together, there was a lot of hype going into this because it was Michaels' WrestleMania return and to this point Jericho hadn't had a classic match at WrestleMania, so it was big for both guys. They delivered the goods as far as I'm concerned. They did an amazing job of making believable nearfalls, timing everything perfectly well and putting on a great display of counter wrestling. I wish Jericho worked more on the back and tbf the back work really didn't lead to anything. I did love the story with Jericho wanting to be Michaels so bad that once he became a professional wrestler all he wanted to do is destroy him, Jericho stealing all of Shawn's signature moves and putting Shawn in the Walls of Jericho on the outside. Was AWESOME! After the match Jericho teases the face turn, but kicks Shawn in the nuts instead. What a heel! ****1/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kevin Steen (c) vs Willie Mack - PWG Title - PWG Threemendous III

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
B-Boy vs Drake Younger - PWG Threemendous III

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Sami Callihan vs Michael Elgin - PWG Threemendous III

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Super Smash Bros. (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Future Shock - Ladder Match - PWG Tag Titles - PWG Threemendous III