Last Impact

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Okay so I haven't watched Impact in God knows how long, but theyve finally started airing it in my country every saturday night and I managed to watch a majority of the show. So first of all what do you guys think of the show as of late? Whats good, whats still looking terrible? Here's what I thought from watching anyway.

They opened the show with James Storm, who I've always liked but I never knew he was this good on the mic, I always had no idea he was in the title scene and that Roode was champion lol. Anyway was really enjoying this until Jeff Hardy came out, struggled to say some Blue lines and really took the segment downhill (although the fans still love him). Roode comes out to some good heat suprisingly, looks as though theyve done a nice job on booking him. All I can say is I want to watch Roode/Storm for their mic work alone, but keep Hardy out of their feud!

Bully Ray (LOL at the name) had some stupid segment with Sting (whos the G.M now?), is Ray undefeated since Devon left or whatever? That in itself is stupid if im correct, why waste time making him undefeated when you could do that for a good young talent to get them over?

The Tag Team Division looks terrible, Joe and Magnus? Really? Magnus is horrible, not to mention Matt Morgans a Tag Champ, don't know much about his partner but by looking at that you know its a crap division. What happened to all the other teams? Need MCMG and Young Bucks back ASAP!

Knockout Division actually doesn't look bad, Mickie James is awesome and seems more interesting then alot of other stuff on the show.

Now for the best part of the show, A DOUBLE! Austin Aries is the freakin' man, his promo before his main promo was awesome and then his main promo was just as awesome lol guy can really talk but he's also amazing in the ring, good that he's X-Division Champ because I think he could turn the Division around and make it exciting again, not to mention Alex Shelley came out, someone just as talented, awesome back and forth from the two and I may watch again for these two alone.

Anyway yeah thats all I saw, thoughts and anybody wanna fill me in on things i may have missed?

Reaction score
Bully Ray (LOL at the name) had some stupid segment with Sting (whos the G.M now?), is Ray undefeated since Devon left or whatever? That in itself is stupid if im correct, why waste time making him undefeated when you could do that for a good young talent to get them over?

Say what you will about the name, the bottom line on Bubba is that he has been their best heel for the past year and is deserving of a title shot. Not because he's an ex-WWE guy but because of his excellent work and he has earned the right to be champion before Hardy, Angle or Anderson do.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Really? I haven't seen much of what he's been doing, I just don't see why they'd build him up so much and even give him a shot at the title when they could have done that for a more talented younger wrestler who could establish himself in the Main Event scene or something. I'd probably have Bubba going for the title before Hardy and Angle again though, not sure about Anderson.

btman

Reaction score
I think Storm needs the belt because even though Roode does have some heat he's just not entertaining with his current attitude. His whole selfish generation reminds me about Generation Me. Except its one guy. He's not leading anyone because he's not really a part of immortal since Bully Ray wants a title match. Just the whole gimmick doesn't make a ton of sense. Daniel Bryans doing 'extreme' and interesting things to keep his belt. Roode's just been doing the same shit we've already seen over and over, nut shot, interference, roll up, nothing original. I do agree Jeff Hardy shouldn't really be in the title picture just yet but w.e. he's a draw.

Bully Ray yeah you may have to youtube some of his stuff but his matches have been nuts, his promo's and heel heat is well deserved.

Tag Division does suck however. I mean Matt Morgan/Crimson they DID need something to do. But it would be nice for stiffer competition.. If TNA had tag teams that weren't dysfunctional... Boring Devon/Pope tag team + equally boring feud, AJ/Kaz could've brought some interesting matches but Daniels ruined that team.. And so you know Young Bucks went back to ROH I think and MCMG Chris Sabin is injured.

Joe should be destroying people with the TV title or something since they are barely even using Robbie E on TV. Magnus I don't really care for.

X Division, yes Austin Aries is doing awesome. They're going to the UK so they should be utilizing Doug Williams as a face for a short while to beat Aries, but I won't mind if Shelley wins. Then they can move Austin up to have a match with Joe and other people like RVD and Anderson who are doing nothing but should be going for the Television Title (Give the belt some credibility damnit). X Division title should be used to elevate stars right now since no one in the division has credibility besides Aries. I'm glad at least they use Aries and the X Division on TV, but they should be using the Television Championship belt as their midcard belt to elevate stars to the World title, but they sadly aren't.