Lashley to Strikeforce

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Credit: MMA Fanhouse

Bobby Lashley, former WWE Champion and current MMA heavyweight prospect, is currently negotiating a deal with Strikeforce, an MMA promotion based out of San Jose.

Lashley is currently sporting a professional MMA record of 4-0, and is coming off a big victory over MMA veteran Bob Sapp this past June. Talks between Lashley and Strikeforce have been heating up in recent weeks and if a deal is made, Lashley may make his Strikeforce debut on November 7th when Strikeforce makes their debut on network television, CBS. As of press time, a deal has not been signed but a deal is highly expected.

Fedor along with Lashley is going to be killer ratings for CBS come November. That would also be major exposure for Lashley.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Nice!! That would be a good signing. Lashley's been looking good so far in his MMA career. Is his next fight still on or did it get cancelled?

xtremebadass

Nope, his next fight is Saturday I believe against Ron Waterman. You can chock up another one on the big board for the Boss.

I am really surprised the UFC hasn't picked him up yet. Now-a-days UFC is big on image more than ever, Lashley has the perfect image and with a flawless record? It still plagues me, but I guess Lashley's association with pro wrestling is the thing making Dana turn the other cheek.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
dana doesn't want lashley because of his ties to pro wrestling atm( yet still signed lesnar?)

i think this is good for lashley since he really just needs to focus on his mma not wrestling although the way TNA is useing him he could easily do both

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Wow, too bad Lashley wouldn't be able to fight at the Strikeforce CBS event in November with a hell of a card in store with Fedor vs Rodgers, Mayhem Miller vs Shields, and many other good looking fights.

xtremebadass

Lashley's fight was moved to Nov. 7th, according to Wikipedia. That might be an indication his previously announced fight was scooped up by Strikeforce.

Wrestling Station

Lashely's atm is boring and his skills are still way too green. He is a solid one dimensional striker. So it will only be a matter of time till we see him get knocked out in the next couple of fights. (Eventhough I support any former pro-wrestler joining the MMA world) but tbh; if Lashely doesnt boost his skills as quickly as Lesnar's; he will be a joke in the MMA world.