Lashley says he WILL return to wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^What are you talking about? Brock Lesnar is Blacker than Lashley is :rofl:

:woot_jump: For Lashley coming back

Actually...NO..... Lashley wanted MMA so bad he can stay there... or go to TNA and get wasted worse than a college chick in a bar on spring break :lol:

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It wasn't that Lashley wanted MMA as much as he wanted out of WWE imo.

I don't see why people think he can't wrestle. He puts on some good matches.

Great One

Btw, I called this happening (him leaving the WWE) SOOOO long ago. They should have NEVER let him talk.

Qwake

It wasn't that Lashley wanted MMA as much as he wanted out of WWE imo.

I don't see why people think he can't wrestle. He puts on some good matches.

He used to do the dominator (like Ron Simmonds one) but he botched that to much so instead they made him do like a moving pumphandle slam thing thing which sucked, then they also gave him the spear who they were giving to everyone back when he was there. I just find his whole moveset boring, just generic muscle man moves like Goldberg, pretty much exactly like goldberg. Lashley used to botch a fair bit but I will admit he got a little better after he was there for a while but I still found him pretty crappy. I remember laughing at him for nearly dropping someone when he held them with one arm in the air for a suplex, afterwards he stopped doing the one arm thing :laugh:

Hope he doesn't return.

Sparky

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo. of all of the Ex ECW champions returns why this one. why not Rob Van Dam. now that would own. who the fuck wants to see Lashley wrestle again. then again i won't even notice it took me two months to realise he left then i realised i wasnt falling asleep for the usual 15 minutes a week.

The A-man

Reaction score
to a tee, knows how to work matches and the crowd and DID manage to get over as well. Thing is there are two problems that are bugging him.

1. He'll have to stay over with the fans with his wrestling ability and size because he's seriously lacking charisma and his mic work is piss poor. He also does tend to get nervous when on a mic. Either stand him up in front of a mirror (and other people backstage) and pactice his skill and build up some confidence for himself to where he can fix his mic skills, have a mouthpiece (or spokesperson) speak for him, or keep him off the mic.

2. Lashley was over with the crowd during his early and mid WWE run, but towards the end the fans were starting to turn on him. Why? Because the WWE got to a point to where they were shoving him down people's throats receiving whats called "Go-Away Heat".
Section of Wikipedia's article on "Heat" said:
Go-away heat" refers to heat drawn by performers whom the fans are not interested in any capacity and do not want to watch. Heel characters are supposed to be booed, and a negative crowd reaction generally means that the fans care about the wrestler and will pay money to watch him out of hope he will lose or be humiliated by the babyfaces. However, for a wrestler drawing go-away heat, the crowd ignores face or heel alignment and boos the wrestler because they are actually bored with or have disdain for the performer (not the character) and would rather watch someone or something else.
People were starting to get so sick and tired of seeing Lashley over and over again that they were, indeed, starting to turn on and boo him....but he left the company before that happened.

In short, Lashley DOES have the skills to make in the wrestling industry, but charisma and poor mic skills needs work and the WWE shouldn't push as hard as they did. If anything, keep on the midcard to build him up then move him to the higher card and possibly a world title run.