• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lakers vs Hornets

The_Edge

Rey Mysterio To Get HUGE Push

Rey Mysterio Jr. is now targeting and late May or July as his return to WWE competition. Expect a massive push when he returns.

source: WrestleZone
------

Well, hopefully not another major title run.

This, to me, is good news. I just finished watching Rey Mysterio vs RVD @ WWE vs ECW Head to Head from my Extreme Rules DVD. This was back when Rey was World Champion. It was a pretty entertaining match. As much as Rey is a Cruiserweight and not a Heavyweight, if wouldn't bother me one bit to see him with another major title. He sells, big time. People come to see Rey. He sells masks and t-shirts like hot-cakes and I wouldn't mind seeing him with the belt on his shoulder again. If Rey changed his mind and went back to ECW, after he turned down Heyman before, I think that would really help the brand get off it's feet and deliver some strong ratings.

3lions

The article went really in-depth reagrding the 'insider' information they gained on Rey's future push ...

^^ I would expect it either way. Rey sells TONS of merchandise for the company, thus making Vince a very happy camper. He knows how to carry matches and put on a good feud. Mysterio is very entertaining and he connects with the fans on a level beyond most everybody in the business right now.

Great One

Sorry, but Rey does NOT belong in the main event... this seems like a bad idea if he gets pushed to the main event which I am assuming. Maybe if it was in ECW that would be a different story.

circle

That's good to hear he will get a push, but the WWE tends to stop pushes if something goes wrong...I hope with the 619 he gets the popularity he deserves

phantomgerald

o, u really think he can beat kennedy. hes too small. and shut up about the size does not matter crap. size matters and u will rarely see a 100plus pounder beat a 300 pounder so screw vince if for once in his life, he pushes a midget

Wrestling Station

I think Rey needs to go for US title or tag team title. But WHC was a big joke for all of us.

ChiWa

I love to watch Rey wrestle and I think on his comeback, he beats Helms, beats Chavo, and gets back in the hunt for Benoit. I don't think he will be in the ME again, but will be a top mid-card player till he hangs it up.