L.A Noire - My completion journal.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Matthew

Reaction score
255.jpg

I'm not sure if you guys have played this yet or not but it is amazing. The detail and the technology behind this game makes me wonder why it was not nominated for GOTY in more award shows.

I'm currently replaying it (beat the original cases) and playing all the DLC for the first time. Also I'm going to try and 100% the game. Which as most of you know is a pretty big undertaking when playing any RockStart game. So this is where I'll post updates, answer questions and talk to you guys all about it.

Deuce

Reaction score
I beat this game a while ago, it's fun but I am now bored of it. Great game to play once you first buy it but get bored of it after a while.

Deuce

Reaction score
Yep, beat everything you can do in the game.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I loved L.A. Noire. The story was solid and Cole Phelps is actually the best written videogame character I have seen, in my opinion. The game was an interesting experiment, it was unique, which I think should be applauded... even though the game was a disappointment in sales and the development studio crumbled, sadly.

The game is definately far from perfect, however. There was an obvious flaw in the interrogation mechanics where the line between "Lie" and "Doubt" was blurred at times, or how you have plenty of pieces of evidence that could easily convict a suspect but you fail when the game doesn't think you chose the "right" evidence. Crime scene investigations were tedious and the action was bland. And what was with the lack of "NYEAH, SEE!?" gangsters and Femme Fatales?

However, I enjoyed the hell out of L.A. Noire and I will always stand by games that, even if they are executed poorly, that make an effort to do something truly unique and innovative (other games of this description include Mirrors Edge, Alpha Protocol, etc.)

Ben

Reaction score
IGN has a good guide if your looking.

Finished this up, just never messed with the DLC, only thing I'll knock the game for is that the missions got kind of repetitive. The story was good enough to keep me playing but the gameplay although at first amazing just became a chore towards the end.

Matthew

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. The first half of the game should be the last half if you ask me. I'm not exactly sure why it is the other way around. I suck so hard and the lie/doubt line. I'm going for the 5 star every case. I hear the DLC have some of the best cases in the game.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I really hope Rockstar keeps in this direction of amazing games with out the protagonist being a complete criminal. This hopefully is a step in the direction of a GTA where you can play a cop and not just a criminal.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I liked this game and I think the graphics were amazing and the games new style was great compared to previous games by Rockstar. I did finish the game and some parts were hard which made it a challenge but I loved what they did with the characters. The game did get repetitive about half way through and I lost interest but still kept playing to finish it. I disliked the fact that once you finished the game, there was nothing to do, no free roam at all.. I didn't d/l extra DLC.

This is not like GTA. This game is not about shooting and driving everywhere. In this game you're a detective, and you spend most of the time asking, interrogating and searching to resolve crimes. Sometimes there's action, yes, but most of the game is about being a real detective, not just a gunman with a full armory in your back which I loved.

I can't wait for GTA 5 and hope they do this with the game:

[video=youtube;aL9wsEFohTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9wsEFohTw&feature=relmfu[/video]​

darkharlequin

Reaction score
I really hope Rockstar keeps in this direction of amazing games with out the protagonist being a complete criminal. This hopefully is a step in the direction of a GTA where you can play a cop and not just a criminal.

I'd be up for that. Closest thing we have now is either this or Crackdown but it's not like you can tackle small crimes in Crackdown.

As for this game, got it from my missus for Christmas and while it's intimidating it is absolutely amazing. The back and forth between Cole and the angry Jewish guy from the Shoe Store shooting cracked me up.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I'd love to see what they could do with a period piece set in the 60s-70s. Think of the the sound track.

BTW I love the Nixon references.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
I had such huge hopes leading up to it's release last year that I was worried it wouldn't live up to them, luckily it did. Ended up finishing it in a couple of sittings and have since replayed it a couple of times. I think it goes down hill after homicide and I thought the arson missions were boring (not the story towards the end, that was great; just the actual mission gameplay.) I've always been a big fan of the noir genre, so playing such a detailed replica of 1940's Los Angeles was and still is amazing.