Kurt Angle signs with TNA for 3 more years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Spiral

Reaction score
JR Responds To HBK Retirement Rumors; WWE Injuries

Jim Ross has recently updated his online blog. In his latest edition he addresses rumors of Shawn Michaels retiring and all the recent injuries in WWE.

Concerning HBK Ross wrote, "I have heard no rumors about Shawn Michaels retiring any time soon. HBK seems to be as good if not better than any one in the biz right now and he seems to be having fun. That's notwithstanding Monday night but no one I know would enjoy being choke slammed through a wooden table by a 7'3" 420 pound human. Michaels wrestles because he loves his craft/vocation not that he isn't making major bucks. HBK already has major bucks but one can't put a dollar value on Michael's passion and the future Hall of Famer, who is definitely a changed man from a generation ago, will, in my opinion, continue to wrestle until either his "fire" is extinguished or his body says it is time to go home for good."

Concerning the recent injuries Ross wrote, "There is lots of discussion about the number of injuries currently plaguing the WWE. Simply put, my philosophy on that matter is this, there is never a good time for any one to get injured but injuries create opportunities for healthy bodies. That may sound morbid but it is true. Any time a top star gets put on the shelf it creates a window of opportunity for someone who is "waiting for their break". I could easily see new and deserving individuals get their number called and then it will be up to them to make a difference when they "get in the game". The old song and dance about wrestlers being "held back" is usually a crock especially in today's marketplace. If a talent is truly special from bell to bell, there is no holding nothing back. One can only pull a Tony Soprano and "poor me" so often."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
According to an interview with MovieLine.com, Kurt Angle has signed a new deal with TNA Wrestling:

In talking about how he got into wrestling, he said the following:

"I was taking classes and I was getting very serious about it. I was also sportscasting — I was a sportscaster in Pittsburgh for Fox, just trying to get in front of the camera a little bit. Then pro wrestling came around and I took a shot at that, and I didn’t realize I was going to become that good. I made a lot of money, thank God, and I stuck with it, but every time I had a movie where my name would come up for some reason, I wasn’t allowed to do it due to scheduling reasons in the WWE. So with TNA, they give me the opportunity to go ahead and do movies and if it conflicts with the schedule they work around it. It’s a much better situation for me. So I actually signed a new three-year deal today with TNA. I’m going to stick with TNA."
I'm gonna assume the deal came before the DWI.

Onyx

Reaction score
I honestly think this is a bad idea. TNA or Impact Wrestling is failing. And honestly, Kurt Angle being there isn't helping it. I say Kurt takes a 1 hiatus. And come back clean and sign back to WWE and help WWE before it goes into the G Era. Which means wrestlers... or should I say "performers" aren't aloud to suplex each other.

jamie

Reaction score
I really dont think WWE would touch Angle, he has so much baggage.