Kurt Angle Says He Is Training For The Olympics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Rate the Wrestler Day 36 - Finlay

Triple H pulls of a 92, and takes 2nd place... next
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
finlay.jpg

Finlay has won the following titles:

WCW TV Title
WWE US Title
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Finlay, he's great in the ring, has always been entertaining, and you can pretty much count on the guy to deliver a good match with just about anyone. Take a look at a few weeks ago on SD, he carried the fucking Boogeyman to a good match.

That gives him a 7.5/10

Soulpower

8/10... Always been a fan since his WCW days, as of late I've been able to watch some of his matches around the world, and without a doubt he's one tough irishman.. Like MS said he can carry anyone to a good match and although there's a good chance he won't be a world champion (unfortunately) you can always count on him to get it done in the ring and help some of the young guys along the way... Hell, he's even made something as dumb as Little Bastard work.

Nation

8.5/10 Finlay is one of the best on the WWE roster and he was a great trainer. Hopefully he will get a world title run sometime.

xtremebadass

8?10 good wrestler, if im not mistaking I think he was also WCW Hardcore Champ, didnt he win that junkyard match or something? at bash at the beach?

King_Ash

Reaction score
Good wrestler and good athlete, still a mid card face though, 7/10

ChiWa

Reaction score
I have only seen Finlay in his latest run on Smackdown, but the name rang a bell right off the bat, so I probably saw him in some WCW matches I don't remember. What I've seen is a great mid-card worker who always puts on a good match. I imagine he has done exactly the same thing everywhere he has been for the last 20-25 years. Not enough personality to go to the top, but still a great pro. 7.5/10

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
8/10 Finlay is really old and is one of the best technical wresters on the roster I mean come on he hasnt delivered a bad match in a long time,we can always expect entertainment from Fit Finlay 8/10.

Montana

7/10

I had a hard time with this one. I hated him in Wcw, so when he debuted in the wwe years later, i was quite critical, but quickly changed my opinion. Great in the ring, despite his age. Too bad, he wasnt around during the mid 90s in the wwf. It would be interesting to see where he would be now. Im still not huge on the Tough Irish guy or hoggswoggle, gimmick but he's became a great character for SD. IN 2007 i'd like to see him in tag team and perhaps help some of there new talent.

Reaction score
I remember Finlay on World of Sport in the early 80's. That he's been around so long, came out of retirement after a nasty injury and can still go like he does (and in the process shame half of the roster with his skills and workrate) is frankly pretty incredible. He may be a mid-carder but he's an important one that can be used to guide and build the younger stars.

8/10

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I will give him 8/10. I am a big fan of Finaly he will never be a big Main eventer but he is great to watch.

the_game2

Reaction score
He's got good technique however he's not entertainer.7/10

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
TNA star Kurt Angle is saying on Twitter that he is currently training for the Olympics, presumably the 2012 games from London. Angle is of course a former Olympic gold medalist, capturing amateur wrestling's top prize in the 1996 games from Atlanta. Here's what Angle wrote on Sunday @AngleFoods1:

"much negativity goin round @ Olympic comeback.I truly am getting ready.Don't compare it to my Ufc- mma attempts,We couldn't agree on "terms"

"Terms that were about $ and starting dates.Olympics will be on My "terms". Nobody elses'.It's not for Publicity or I would tweet it everyday"

"To the naysayers, believe what U want. But "I" am in control of this. Nobody else. My nephew and I started training for it."

"As long as I stay injury free,I am going for it.Tna's backing Me.It won't be easy. Probably harder than Mma. But at least its under my terms"
Good luck to him on that though I'm pretty surprised that he is gonna try to do this again at his age.