News Kurt Angle Not Re-Signing With TNA After His Contract Expires This Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kurt Angle was interviewed by 105.9 The X out of Pittsburgh today. During the interview, Angle stated that he would not be re-signing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year. According to F4WOnline.com, Angle said that he would take a break from the business after his deal expires. Angle also stated that he would be at the TNA Bound for Glory pay-per-view on October 4th.

Angle signed with TNA in September of 2006, after receiving an early release from hisWWE contract. He has held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship on six different occasions, most recently losing it to EC3 at the June Impact tapings for an episode that aired on July 1st.

Source

This comes off as 'I'm gonna take some time off, if the WWE doesn't make me an offer after my TNA deal expires.'

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd bet anything on seeing him return to WWE and retiring gracefully there.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
WWE did not want him in 2013 or 2014. Why would they want him in 2015?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Except they have said multiple times that Angle needs to go to rehab first. Something Angle refuses. Note how guys like Hogan and Hall were only brought back once clean. Angle is a walking timebomb of substance abuse and a fucked up body. He got fired in the first place for refusing to go and get help on the company dollar.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well when they put him in the hall of fame they oughta get a macro ready to remove him really quickly. :pity:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Angle Vs. Bryan WM32. Make it happen.
I'd prefer Angle vs Swagger, or Angle vs Rusev. And I'm not saying this because of my dislike from Bryan, but Angle/Swagger seems just like it was destined. As for Rusev, if they built him up as a dominant Russian again it'd be the perfect entry for Angle.

Then there's Owens and Cesaro, pitting America's 'best' against either Canada or Switzerland's current best(s).

Bryan is just pretty low on the totem pole for me when it comes to being Angle's last opponent. If it were to even happen.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Maybe this is me being a "hater" here, but... I'm totally on board with Angle vs Rusev at WM because it won't carry the "all-time classic" expectation Angle vs Bryan would fail to live up to.
It would be a pleasant surprise and super easy build.

Reactions: Rogue

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
It's not like Bryan would be wrestling his usual pace anyways. He'll be having to tone it down if he wants the WWE to let him stay active after he returns. And if you combine that with the fact that Angle obviously isn't in his prime anymore then it just wouldn't make for a good match. It wouldn't be horrible per se, but it definitely wouldn't live up to the hype.