• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kurt Angle, bad for TNA

Kaedon

WWE never wanted Angle to carry any show. All they wanted is him putting other wrestlers over and he always did it with class and professionalism. When Kurt was drafted to RAW, Vince wanted him to make Cena look good with the title. Kurt will never be another HHH or HBK, why? Because WWE never wanted him to be the number one man and that "killed" his credibility when he was in his prime. Thank God TNA saved his career but we cannot erase the past, all we can do is improve the present and prepare the future.

yes and beating guys like Jay Lethal and AJ Styles are gonna take away from the fact that he sucks. Doubt it. And Angle was built up just fine. How many other guys besides HHH and now John Cena have had that great a match with HBK and won the majority of the times?

circle

I think Angle is good for now, but in the long run he needs a character change if he wants to stay fresh for TNA and its fans. he can still put over younger guys and be the champ, but he needs to bring more to the table, and there isn't a reason he can't do it right now...unless its the booking and storylines

X-Pac

I don't think Angle is bad for TNA. He is a big name for TNA. And you all may not think he doesnt deserve to have the title because he hasnt been there a year yet but Angle is one of the best if not the best one they have. Who could take Angle's place as the champ. Joe? Hell no, Angle is way better then he is. Christian? He would be a good choice and I wouldn't mind seeing them feud with each other. Now if I had to bring one person back to win the title I would have The King Of The Mountain, Double J, Jeff Jarrett win the title. Jarrett as champion was some of the best days for TNA.

xtremebadass

Well I was never a big Joe fan, so his de push didn't bother me. I think Angle is great in TNA for now, if he keeps with his snotty gimmick. TNA needed him so he came, but I do see where you are coming from Truth.

ImpactAngle

yes and beating guys like Jay Lethal and AJ Styles are gonna take away from the fact that he sucks. Doubt it. And Angle was built up just fine. How many other guys besides HHH and now John Cena have had that great a match with HBK and won the majority of the times?

Angle had great matches because he knew how to wrestle, nobody could outperform him in WWE at the time. But Vince was intelligent, he knew how to use Kurt. I don't say that Vince did not use him well, but he never really made him number one and why? Because Triple H was there. How many times did Kurt make Paul tap out? You know the answer right?...

Christian

I'm not a large fan of Angle, never have been. He's good, but I would never buy tickets just to go see Kurt Angle.

I dont mind Kurt Angle but he defiantly shouldn't have got the belt this early the best thing TNA could have done was to put Joe over Angle when Angle came to the company.

Angle was already a huge star why would TNA have to build him up??

KENNEDY412

I dont think that Angle is bad for TNA but he shouldnt of got the title this soon. And for everybody who saying that they want him champ because hes a known name, everybody knows about TNA they have been around long enough hell even my 7 year old cousin knows about tna he just likes the wwe better. Dont get me wrong im a huge fan of tna, but i would much rather see styles, cage, or joe as champ

Slipknoted

agreed. Angle shouldn't have the strap, at least not this early, Joe has done soooo much for that company, and he has been overlooked for the title far too many times, lets just hope he has a long reign when he finally does get the belt, on top of that i really he is still holding the x-championship when he gets his mitts on the heavyweight championship. Who knows TNA might even let him hold all three titles at once.

Markz

Angle with the title is just not exciting enought for a company which thrives on using excitement. It should have gone to Harris, him entering the KOTM was just random now.

KenFan4life

Well I think he's too good for tna,I mean the man's on a level of his own and to think he'd have to put over Fat unathletic Sumo-Geed no namers such as the glorified goalie from the mighty duck films the one and only slob Samoa Joe.I mean Its unthinkable and incredibly unbelievable blasphame to say Kurt"GOD"Angle should have to put over young talent.I mean don't you guys know that anyone thats wrestling angle will get Boo'ed to hell.

jkdevil

I don't like Angle, he's taking away the younger's chance! Damn he look suck and all those things he has done are too!