Kofi Kingston

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

road-dogg

Reaction score
Why doesn't Kofi get a bigger push in the WWE? He's really entertaining with his in ring skills and had a great match with Ambrose at Extreme Rulez. I've never really heard him cut a promo so I can't judge him on it. I would like to him Kofi and Zig in a feud over the heavyweight title, think that could make for some exciting stuff.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Kofi

Personally I've only ever seen him as the dude that comes into the Royal Rumble and does a funky spot. There's too many guys on the roster who are ahead of him in the in-ring department, on the mic and that don't botch as many moves for him to ever be a top guy there. Perhaps he'll be re-invented when he comes back in a few months, but I'm skeptical that I'll ever be able to get behind him as a worker or a character.

Castiel

Reaction score
I feel like Kofi deserves a push further than the midcard at some point, honestly. Even if it's just against Ziggler for a PPV, as much as we've seen it we know those two can put on a great match together. At this point I think he just needs a change in character if he ever wants to get higher, a heel turn is what's needed. It will make him seem legit and more than just the crowd friendly high flyer. Anything different, we've had the same old Kofi for too long and it's not like he's at Cena's spot where he's big enough that he doesn't need to change.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Didn't I write something up a few years back how to turn Cena, Kofi, and Morrison into a super heel stable to be honest that is the only thing to save Kofi at this point he is so boric and bland

Booty fucks wit Tapatalk 2

Postman Dave

Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy, no more Kofi/Dolph matches for at least 3 years.

Kofi is "safe", which you may as well refer to as "midcarder for life". He's decent enough with the right opponent in ring, but he's got zero character to run with, and there's at least 5 guys I'd rather see get a run at the top before him.

road-dogg

Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy, no more Kofi/Dolph matches for at least 3 years.

Kofi is "safe", which you may as well refer to as "midcarder for life". He's decent enough with the right opponent in ring, but he's got zero character to run with, and there's at least 5 guys I'd rather see get a run at the top before him.

Who would the five be?

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cody
Wade
Bryan
Miz
Christian

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Last edited by a moderator:

road-dogg

Reaction score
Cody
Wade
Bryan
Miz
Christian

Don't like Cody or Miz but Wade would be good, would rather have Bryan in the WWE title scene. Is Christian due back soon? That could be interesting. I just like Kofi, he's entertaining, has decent moves and his music is cool.

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think a Cody face turn is overdue and he and Dolph could put on a hell of a program. Kofi is a spot monkey he isn't that technically sound and all his title runs are underwhelming.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Why doesn't he get pushed? To what extent? Because on average he might just win just as many matches per year as John Cena. He's no title contender but isn't that obvious why.. he isn't talented enough. Even If you look at someone like Cena as talentless in the ring, he at least is better than Kofi. All Kofi does is bounce around and practically barely sells pain in a manner that is a realistic. He has no sense of how to really make a match count. Even in his very few high profile performances, he hasn't swept anyone away with his great acting and sense of ring savvy. His matches are pretty cut and dry and his position on the roster reflects that.