TV Klondike

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I don't know how many people watched this last night, or put it on the dvr, but it was definitely worth watching.

Its a 3 part mini series starring Richard Madden(Game of Thrones), Sam Sheppard(The Assassination of Jesse James by the Cowardly Robert Ford), Tim Roth(The Incredible Hulk/Four Rooms), and Abbie Cornish(Sucker Punch) on The Discovery Channel, and is based on the book Gold Diggers by Charlotte Gray.

The story follows 2 friends in their attempt to make it rich following graduation. Who wind up heading west in search of fortune before being told of Dawson City, and the gold rush. They take their graduation money(and a chunk of gold left by a prospector) and head north into Canada. Trouble awaits them not only on the journey to Dawson, but in the city, on their claim, and even in the surrounding Indian lands.

Asides from Richard Madden, I had no idea who else was in this when I decided to turn it on, and being a gold rush story I was uncertain that I would even enjoy it. The 2 hours went by fast, and there were very few commercial breaks(I believe 6 in total). the entire story was filmed over 50 days on location, and for being the first act of the story, it rarely had long moments of downtime.

I would recommend this to anyone interested in history, or even just the gold rush(even fans of the show Gold Rush for that matter). As it turned out, it was far more interesting than Raw was last night.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I have this DVR'd and will check it out this weekend... looks great

Ben

Reaction score
I liked part one....the setting is cool and for the most part your drawn into the time period as the production is really well done. Second episode was a little weaker and the story meanders off a little to much bring in more characters that really aren't needed. Focusing on the main arcs of Haskel trying to find his friends killer and the back and forth between The Count and Belinda.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I thought the second episode was really good, the axe fight was one of the best scenes in the show so far, and it was good to see a softer side to Belinda. The more Father Judge, and The Count, the better.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Final episode was amazing, although I thought there would have been a few spots that felt like a better ending than what actually was the end.

The only person who really got that happy ending was the Mountie, if you can call serving in WW1 and never returning to law enforcement a happy ending. But he did see the darker side of justice, and politics.

Easy to say this was better than Mob City, Bonnie & Clyde, and all the other miniseries I have watched within the last year and forgot the names of the shows.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Finally watched this kinda sad it was only a miniseries. Great acting. Story was great and it had legs.