Kings of Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Chris Hero and Cluadio Castagnoli have resigned with ROH and they are the reigning tag team champs. Who are going to beat these guys? What have you thought of their run thus far. \

Some Epic matchups against the Young Bucks, Motor City Machine Guns, and the Briscoes so far, and no end of their reign is in site.

Reaction score
They're an outstanding tag team that just belong together. They're such a smooth team and I don't believe I've ever seen a real bad match from them.

Reaction score
^ Not in TNA. I'm not sure what team you are referencing but I can't recall Hall, Nash and Jarrett being a team in TNA at all. The only time I can recall Hall in TNA was at a seperate time to Nash and earlier this year. As for the "Kings of wrestling", I can't say i've ever seen the team but I shall download some matches later!

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Are you sure? Im pretty sure back in 2004 or 2005 Jarret, Hall, and Nash feuded with Hardy, Styles, and Savage, and Jarrett/Hall/Nash called themselves "The Kings of Wrestling".

Montana

Reaction score
Adam is right, Hall, Nash and Jarrett did call themselves the Kings of Wrestling in TNA in 2004/2005. However Hero and Cluadio were teaming back in 2004 too. So i'm not sure who stole it from who, but i always thought Hero/Claudio had it first.

Montana

Reaction score
I am still wondering who might beat the Kings. If Shelton and Haas sign full time to ROH, i could see them getting the straps. If not, it looks like they are really pushing King/ Titus. For some reason i can't picture King Titus beating the Kings.

Someone even suggested ROH to bring in Paul London to reform the Danger Bee's in ROH. I think they would be a great choice, however i doubt London will return to ROH. But you never know.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Yeah, Im with you Montana. I've noticed ROH has been pushing All Night Express quite a bit lately. You know, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they took the straps off of KOW. I was floored when I seen Tony Mamaluke and Sal Rinauro dethrone BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs, and Naruki Doi and Shingo dethroning the Briscoes. Titus and King have gelled together pretty well and the crowds have responded to them. Haas and Benjamin are a potential team to take them, but they would have to work full time for ROH. Then there's always the Briscoes even though they lost their last chance. I can see Cornette invoking the "Hagadorn interfered so they'll get one more chance" thing. Actually, after the monster feud they had, I wouldn't mind seeing Cabana and Homicide get run together as champs, though I doubt it will happen.

Reaction score
I was there for the Mamaluke/Rinauro title win! HAHA!

I have no problem with the All Night Express as a tag team but as champs its a tough sell for me at this point. I'm a huge Kenny King fan and Rhett Titus is a great character but I don't see them taking the straps just yet.

TBW

Reaction score
The KoW are definately the team to beat in the upcoming year of 2011. With the feud with the Briscoe Brothers settled and there being no title shot for them, there aren't many face teams to beat the Kings. The only team in the whole of ROH to now take the belts from the best tag team in wrestling today is the only team that would be capable and have the accolades to say they can break the reign of the Kings- and that's the World's Greatest Tag Team: Haas and Benjamin. Seeing as they've signed their contracts and are going to make regular appearances.. we can expect the WGTT to win the belts, and somewhere at the end of year the All Night Express to grab them by year's end. It's all a very intricate plan, but it gets Haas and Benjamin on the scene, and the ANX over like a house on fire. King and Titus are bound to become the tag champions sooner or later. On a side note, I see Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly being a legit threat in the tag division in the coming of 2011, their styles beldn well together and by seeing their match at Final Battle.. they definately have the potential of making themselves a big blip on the radar of the Ring of Honor tag division.

P.S Chris Hero is literally a hero of mine. KOW!

pumpt73

Reaction score
There is one team I figured that would have been in ROH full time by now is Irish Airborne (Dave and Jake Crist). I really enjoyed some of the matches I seen with those two. Always thought they had potential, but I haven't heard anything from them in a while. I definitely agree with you TBW on O'Reilly and Cole. I really like those two kids. I can see O'Reilly going onto great things within ROH. Tough son of a gun, and if you're trained by Richards you gotta be.

Montana

Reaction score
I have to agree now, that with the WGTT signed full time, they are the likely candidates to take the belts. Cole/Riley and ANX as deep horses to win.

I also think it would be kinda cool if ROH did signed Omega/Ibushi for a tour, and they won the belts. Or mend their relationship with Dragon Gate, and had one of their teams. Wishful thinking though.

Reaction score
Cole & O'Reilly vs. ANX at Final Battle was a damn fine opener. I'm sold when it comes to the Cole & O'Reilly tag team.