King Mo has arrived at Strikeforce!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Undefeated Sengoku star Muhammed Lawal (5-0) is in talks to make his Strikeforce debut in the heavyweight division opposite Mike Whitehead (24-6) at "Evolution" from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., on Dec. 19.

While both fighters have verbally agreed to the contest, bout agreements have not yet been signed.

Prior to his 25-second demolition of MMA legend Mark Kerr at M-1 "Breakthrough" back on Aug. 28, "King Mo" had competed exclusively under the World Victory Road banner in Japan since his professional mixed martial arts debut just last year.

The decorated collegiate wrestling champion and Division I All-American from Oklahoma State University has shown tremendous promise, defeating several veterans of the sport and stopping most of them. He instantly made a name for himself in his debut against Travis Wiuff at Sengoku: "Fifth Battle" — Lawal needed little more than two minutes to score a convincing technical knockout win via strikes.

It may not be that easy against "Iron" Mike. In 30 professional bouts, only Tim Sylvia and Brandon Vera were able to finish the former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) contestant.

source mmalinker.com

I also saw the twitter posts on King Mo's twitter account about his next fight being against whitehead. I think it will be interesting to see if he can destroy Whitehead and make himself a dominant figure in that heavyweight division. Especially with guys like Werdum, Rogers, Overeem and Fedor, he might be able to make a big splash with his personality and impressive knockouts. Thoughts?

EnterTamed

Reaction score
LHW is where he needs to be but it looks like HW is strikeforce's bread and butter right now. his wrestling credentials will do him well but im not convinced on a guy who's only even notable win was against a washed up has been. dont get me wrong i like the guy but like rampage said"who you beat?"

EnterTamed

Reaction score
Whitehead has won 15 of his last 16 and has credible wrestling skills so i doubt it'll be a quick squash

DarkEye

Reaction score
thank you for sharing this info