KING DIAMOND appreciation thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Irwin R. Schyster , Action Jackson , Queen Chrysalis get your asses in here!
Post your favorite songs, music videos, live videos, interviews, pictures, ANYTHING KING DIAMOND!

As for the rest of you, lrn2King Diamond. Truly atmospheric, extremely well written music, lyrics that take you on a journey, a vocal range that puts just about all singers to shame!, and just all around amazing music.

HAIL SATAN THE KING!​
8bd9e39589636e89c7c9ddb91287f3f8.gif
21055fb4999172527bf6b182ceb4036b.jpg
05b0a8bf1b32def0c2e1a4d73cf5d0d8.jpg

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
One of the best album openers ever. Beautifully fucking evil <3
''They should have known not to play with the powers from hell''

DAT INTRO RIFF >
THE SHADOWS AT THE GAAAAAAAATE... THEY SEEM TO BE ALIVE!

Gotta love these old 80's/90's Heavy Metal videos. When Heavy Metal was meant to be scary, 'dangerous', dark, and unsettling... not watered down and pophappy. BLEGH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Action Jackson

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Gimme some of dat soul

Haha, great song. Even "modern" King Diamond at his current age pwns most!

Funny story, some years back around the time this video came out. I used to babysit my siblings while my mom was at work. I'd play this song (and others) all the fucking time.. Needless to say, my little sister fell in love with the King.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farooq

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha well first I have to say I would never have discovered THE KING if it weren't for Metallica doing that Mercyful Fate medley on Garage Inc.. That's when I looked up King Diamond himself. Back then I wasn't really into the whole falsetto thing. The metal I liked was Metallica, Pantera, and Machine Head really. That changed though and I quickly began to appreciate how fucking epic King Diamond is vocally. Andy Laroque's guitar in Mercyful Fate is brilliant too. I love how King tells these fucked up horror stories during his albums. The showmanship and musicianship are both on par, which is rare for theatrical rock stars such as King. GWAR is fun as fuck on the theatrical side, but admittedly their songs kind of suck without all of that. Nowadays I do enjoy Lordi if you've ever heard of them. They do rock, but they also have a bit of parody/satire to them.

OK anyway fuck that, back to KING DIAMOND!! In Guitar Hero: Metallica I was a beast on the drums. I don't have it anymore because I broke the fucking drums playing the Mercyful Fate medley over and over and over online lol. My gamertag was in fact based on King Diamond and I'd play as him and everything. My test for people was if they could hang for 11 minutes on that. I did all kinds of kick ass fills during the free play parts and everything.

The dude is a fucking legend.

I have many favorite tunes, this is just one that I've been rocking out to lately. Also, props forever to Kevin Smith for including shit from this album in Clerks 2.

Reactions: Swift

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
GET IN HERE AND PRAISE THE KING, IRWIN!!

NOT THE FALSE PROPHETS, ELVIS AND MICHAEL JACKSON.

THE ONLY KING

KING DIAMOND

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This album is mandatory. The riffs, vocals, lyris (story behind them). Just perfect.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
You know people have shit taste when a thread like this (or the Sabbath/Zepp/Purple thread) have so little replies.

#kids2013 :pity1: inb4rage inb4''hipster''

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Anyway more King. Fucking love this track

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
You know people have shit taste when a thread like this (or the Sabbath/Zepp/Purple thread) have so little replies.

#kids2013 :pity1: inb4rage inb4''hipster''

Yeah there are a bunch of young fuckin' morons at this forum. They're fun to fuck with.