Khali... Being wasted?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Just watching this Khali kiss cam is showing how far Khali has fallen. Don't get me wrong, I know many people, myself included, were bored when Khali was the main heel, or one of the main heels, during 2007. He couldn't wrestle, and his lack of english made his promos pointless.
However, he was serviceable. He's the type of guy who, as a heel, can stay as a midcard heel, and when there happens to be a vacancy or need for a makeshift main event feud, he could fill in and provide a short term solution to the main event scene.
I think he's being wasted. Overall, I'm not too upset with what he's doing, because currently, I'm getting a bit of a laugh, so it's not a big deal, but I do feel he's beign wasted, when he could be a midcard heel, whose servicable enough to get over in the main event.
Abyone agree?

Reaction score
He's lost to all the big faces in the WWE, so really, what's left? It's what happens to pretty much every monster heel. They get built up, only to be defeated. They try to get as much out of them as they can by having a bunch of guys get a win over him, but once that's happened, it's all downhill. It's the same reason that Umaga is where he is now.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
He's lost to all the big faces in the WWE, so really, what's left? It's what happens to pretty much every monster heel. They get built up, only to be defeated. They try to get as much out of them as they can by having a bunch of guys get a win over him, but once that's happened, it's all downhill. It's the same reason that Umaga is where he is now.

Injured?

Reaction score
Floating around the mid card. I was refering to before his injuries, when he would lose to Jeff Hardy every other week. I thought he came back though? Did he get injured again, or have they just been leaving him off tv?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Floating around the mid card. I was refering to before his injuries, when he would lose to Jeff Hardy every other week. I thought he came back though? Did he get injured again, or have they just been leaving him off tv?

He blew his knee out, fighting Triple H I think it was. And I remember him demolishing Jeff Hardy before he got injured the first time over on Raw... didn't he do the GunnSlinger to Hardy on the outside of the ring or something? Yeah, he was a mid-carder, but his last return it looked like they might have been trying to push him a bit minus the fact he was destroying nobodies. But yeah, he's injured again, freak accident.

Reaction score
He blew his knee out, fighting Triple H I think it was. And I remember him demolishing Jeff Hardy before he got injured the first time over on Raw... didn't he do the GunnSlinger to Hardy on the outside of the ring or something? Yeah, he was a mid-carder, but his last return it looked like they might have been trying to push him a bit minus the fact he was destroying nobodies. But yeah, he's injured again, freak accident.
Sure he's destroyed Hardy, but Hardy has also beaten him plenty of times. The point is, monster heels get built up, only to be defeated. The only way for them to become a legit threat again is for them to go away for a while, which is likely the reason Umaga might have been in line for another push. And had they pushed him, he would have defeated a bunch of guys until they fed him to the one big face, and once again it's downhill from there. It's just the way it goes. Monster heels just don't have a long life in wrestling, especially today with how often they are on tv and how many ppvs there are.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I agree with the opinion of it all pretty much being one big cycle. It's a ridiculously easy character to build, and equally easy to burn out and toss aside like the Great Khali, Snitsky, Mark Henry, Koslov ect. ect. The only big guys to actually stay around active enough to refresh this gimmick over and over are Kane and Big Show. But that's because they actually get a win every now and then after their first big push.

It's like this: Grab a big tough, scary looking guy. Have him squash 3-4 jobbers his first month in. Then start to defeat semi credible dudes in the mid card like when they had Flair around. Then, if they're lucky, and the overness gets them there from the gimmick, they get about 1-2 months of main event exposure where they proceed to lose lose lose. Then WWE has the GREAT idea of saying "Hey, this guy isn't doing so well as a heel anymore, lets turn them into a joke face!". And thus, six months later, you hear the inevitable "we wish them the best in their future endeavors"

The Rated R CMStar

please WWe let khali feud with orton and legacy this could be the most horrible shit since the Jackass segment on Raw!

Corrected for you

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I still think it's funny Show and the commentators still say that Big Show is the largest athlete in the world, completely ignoring that Khali was on the same brand.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Speaking of the feud with Legacy....if Orton is getting face pops now, they'll probably be off the charts in a feud with Khali so I'm pretty sure the WWE won't be going in that direction.

I'm fine with how Khali is being used. The Khali Kiss Cam is better than a Khali match.

Reaction score
A waste can not be wasted. The man is as useless as there has ever been in the biz. Guy is worse than Andre was in 90, and can't even mumble a lick of english and makes El Gigante look like Misawa in the ring. He's fine where he's at, and about Umaga, homeboy is wrong. Umaga has been out of the picture because of injuries, not because he hit the wall all monsters hit. Kane and Mark Henry are still over upper-midcarders because they can speak the language and work. Khali can't even feign the language and is just absolute shit in the ring, he killed a man botching a power bomb or chokeslam or some other basic big man move while he was training! The E had to remove the guy from a PPV match (Punjabi prison match where Show subbed for him) because they were aware of the absolute atrocity that would have occurred had they let him do a live take. He is NOT being wasted, he was incredibly lucky that Batista drew lousy numbers as champ and Edge was out at the time. He served his purpose and now the sun has set on his push, he is perfect doing what the fuck ever he'd doin now. I wouldn't mind him getting wished the best of luck for his future endeavors...

The Rated R CMStar

I can't believe somebody is actually considering a Khali vs Randy Orton feud.