• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kevin Patrick Set To Be Removed From SmackDown Commentary Team

Dale

Super Moderator
So the first switch around has begun. Cole & Pat are now the fulltime commentators on Raw, no word on what happens with SmackDown though.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
At first I groaned but ya know maybe Corey will actually be better. He's a nerd that knows a lot of moves so focus on that instead of being a tool

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
I had thought about Graves and Barrett pairing up being a possibility after McAfee showed up on RAW last night. Maybe Graves will be good in the other role. He basically was already speaking up a lot to cover for Kevin Patrick. This will be interesting for sure.

Dale

Super Moderator
Smart move for him if he thinks he can pull it off though since Cole aint got too much time left if he sticks to his plan

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
not at all what I expected, but it may work great? I actually don't mine Graves at all unlike about 87.9% of the fanbase.

Dale

Super Moderator
I don't mind him when he's not trying to shout over the others. His shit with Renee was awful (she was garbage though) and when he would constantly shit on Byron aswell.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I think he's horrible for the most part, but especially so when he's with someone he can shit on at the table, or he's calling a match with a heel in it that he's defending to a needless degree. But, with Wade Barrett alongside him, and him focusing on just calling the action, he might actually be solid.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
I'm thinking as a PBP guy he's gonna be MUCH less heelish. Hell he may have to lean more babyface since Wade is more heel.

I'm intrigued as all hell about this pairing. I think it has the potential to be either awesome or shit, with minimal middle ground.

Dale

Super Moderator
''The idea is that Graves will be the play-by-play guy, and he’s never technically been that but has in actuality had to carry that for a few announcers they’ve brought in. Traditionally the play-by-play guy is the voice of the babyfaces and the color guy can be the voice of the heels or straight. Barrett & Graves have always been heel side announcers so it will be interesting because if the announcers both continually put over the heels, they become the faces, so Graves will likely have to adjust somewhat.

Essentially the changes were because McAfee agreed to come back. He must really love wrestling because with the money he makes ($17 million per year) and having a family, and having a daily studio show means he has to do a show and then fly out to wherever Raw is late every week.

Look, if you’re WWE and he’s up for doing it, you absolutely use him. He’s super enthusiastic and his name value is huge right now. But he can’t be the play-by-play guy and Cole or a Vic Joseph would have to be with him.

Barrett did a great job with Cole and they didn’t want to get rid of him and Patrick was the weakest link. The one thing is it would be far tougher for McAfee continuing on that schedule during football season, particularly since for his talk show he would have to be watching Monday Night Football for his Tuesday show and his schedule is much tighter doing the added college football related programming like GameDay that he’s on. But that’s eight months away. ''