Kevin Owens Is Truly The Banter King

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I know we all know that Kevin Owens is getting pushed to the moon and back, and is known as the king of banter, but his latest reply about Shane on twitter had me in tears laughing. It’s so simple, yet effective, which makes a great heel.

Attachments

• D07BAA7D-BE11-4D7B-B2ED-3196DC07362F.png
    D07BAA7D-BE11-4D7B-B2ED-3196DC07362F.png
    556.7 KB · Views: 26

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Haha. That is great. I love KO. He is the classic heel character that I have always loved but minus the yelling á la Ric Flair. Instead he comes up with some really witty and scathing banter.

I hadn't seen that yet, that was funny.

Reactions: 20X20 and edge4ever

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...KO is awesome...

Shame he's currently in a feud I couldn't give two fucks about...
but he's still awesome.

Can we put the World title on him instead of Jinder WWE?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah...KO is awesome...

Shame he's currently in a feud I couldn't give two fucks about...
but he's still awesome.

Can we put the World title on him instead of Jinder WWE?
My hopes is nakamura wins the title, then KO steps up to battle him in some classic bouts.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My hopes is nakamura wins the title, then KO steps up to battle him in some classic bouts.
I like your hopes...but I remember reading that the WWE is
running some shows in India in December...so I'm guessing
they will keep the belt on Jinder until after that tour.

Jinder may very well hold the World title till Wrestlemania 34...
or at least the Royal Rumble.

I think if RAW are having Lesnar/Reigns as their top match...
I'm hoping for SmackDown to line up a Styles/Nakamura match
for the World title...as much as I like Owens.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He's not really a good heel if he's getting you to like him and posts cool shit.
Most heels are cheered now a days. So is jinder a “great heel?” Not really if you ask me, because his character is just naturally hated and done over a 100 times. But he’s booed.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I mean......what else was he supposed to say.......that he scared of someone who went for that elbow drop attempt and missed, this so easy to respond and nobody even had to debate or think that hard.

"Scared of this guy??"

200.gif

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Most heels are cheered now a days. So is jinder a “great heel?” Not really if you ask me, because his character is just naturally hated and done over a 100 times. But he’s booed.

I swear you literally just described a heel.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I swear you literally just described a heel.
So if someone is booed, not because they’re playing a character well, but because the character is just hateable, that makes them a great heel? Hmmm....

Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, CM Punk, are all great heels, but in this day and age guys like these are not booed by fans because they’re great wrestlers and fans love how good they are at what they do, so they cheer them. Doesn’t make them a “bad heel” as this day and age of fans are different. They often cheer for the bad guys and boo the good guys, and has nothing to do with people being good at their jobs.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
So if someone is booed, not because they’re playing a character well, but because the character is just hateable, that makes them a great heel? Hmmm....

Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, CM Punk, are all great heels, but in this day and age guys like these are not booed by fans because they’re great wrestlers and fans love how good they are at what they do, so they cheer them. Doesn’t make them a “bad heel” as this day and age of fans are different. They often cheer for the bad guys and boo the good guys, and has nothing to do with people being good at their jobs.

For several weeks Punk got massive boos after turning heel, he got a few cheers but not many and if you're playing a character in a wrestling company then you're not really a good worker if you're being somebody you're not that's why Steve Austin was a great face, CM Punk, because they meant what they said The Miz effect where people call him a great heel just to be on the cool side of the internet when people just hate him actually because he is just playing a Hollywood character.

Kevin Owens isn't a heel because he's entertaining in the wrong way, doing moonsaults, 450 splashes and frog splashes and lots of cool moves and rarely runs away, in the 90s that was a top babyface.

That's why Roman is such a heel because he doesn't convincingly tell people and he does whatever the bosses want from his entrance music to the color of his outfit, that was heel Rock in the 90s.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
For several weeks Punk got massive boos after turning heel, he got a few cheers but not many and if you're playing a character in a wrestling company then you're not really a good worker if you're being somebody you're not that's why Steve Austin was a great face, CM Punk, because they meant what they said The Miz effect where people call him a great heel just to be on the cool side of the internet when people just hate him actually because he is just playing a Hollywood character.

Kevin Owens isn't a heel because he's entertaining in the wrong way, doing moonsaults, 450 splashes and frog splashes and lots of cool moves and rarely runs away, in the 90s that was a top babyface.

That's why Roman is such a heel because he doesn't convincingly tell people and he does whatever the bosses want from his entrance music to the color of his outfit, that was heel Rock in the 90s.
No

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
KO was at his best with Jericho. Seems like since that ended, his character has been getting pushed further and further down the black hole known as Vince's creative process.

I do like him, and he is funny but he isn't as good and it likely isn't his fault. It is BS booking.