• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Major WWE superstar ‘won’t take anything for granted’ with contract running out​

Kevin Owens has confirmed when his WWE contract will expire and admitted nothing is certain.

The former world champion, who teamed with Randy Orton at Backlash in Lyon, France in a loss to The Bloodline duo Tama Tonga and Solo Sikoa thanks to the debuting Tanga Loa, is yet to put pen to paper on an extension to his current deal, which he signed in December 2021.

Speaking exclusively to Metro.co.uk in Lyon hours before the premium live event, Owens confirmed his contract is currently set to end early in 2025 and he’s not taking ‘anything for granted’.

‘I really don’t take anything for granted, I’ve nine months left on my contact, and I don’t know what can happen from here on out,’ he admitted.

After the tragic deaths of wrestling superstars like Bray Wyatt, Brodie Lee and Jay Briscoe, Owens noted how he’s just taking everything as it comes.

‘That’s just life. If I’ve learned anything over the last few years, it’s that nothing is guaranteed. I’ve learned that through some very unfortunate events, we’ve lost so many good people that was never expected,’ he said

‘That’s just one example of how I do not take anything for granted, how I look at things now.’

There has been speculation around KO’s future after he recently named Finn Balor as a dream opponent next year ‘if’ he has another WrestleMania left in him.

However, he’s now confirmed he has no plans to leave WWE of his own accord, particularly after spending a decade with the company since arriving in NXT in 2014.

He explained: ‘This has been my home for 10 years and it’s beyond the locker room.

‘There’s some very, very, very special people that work behind the scenes that I’ve become very close with, and I really can’t imagine not seeing them as part of my life.’

When it comes to his fellow wrestlers, Owens’ close bond with Sami Zayn is well documented, and he’s incredibly close to Raw superstar Finn Balor.

‘It’s good to have somebody to bounce around, somebody you trust,’ he said. ‘When I got here, I got really close with Finn Balor right away, and I could tell this is gonna be a guy I could trust, and now he’s like a brother to me.’

He added: ‘We might not be together all the time, me and Sami are on different brands so we don’t see each other as much. We’re always in contact and when it comes along, we have a sounding board.’

In the past, Owens has been very open about wishing he’d stopped to enjoy his time with the Universal Championship, which he won in August 2016 and held until a controversial loss to Goldberg in February 2017.

The 22-second loss to Goldberg didn’t go down well, but now KO is determined to learn from his six month run – his only stint to date as world champion – and ‘savour every moment’ whenever he can.

‘For sure, I really try to savour every moment, just like I did last night in the ring. I just try to bring that mindset,’ he said.

‘I’m very lucky to be living what I’m living. It’s easy to forget it when it’s something you do a lot, it kind of becomes the usual everyday thing and you forget how special it is.’

When it comes to that career, the so-called Prizefighter is often reminded of how fortunate he is, and how hard he’s worked to get here – and it comes from the simplest moments.

‘It happens every time someone tells me that my work inspires them or helps them through hardships,’ he smiled. ‘There’s nothing like that.’

Dom's cellmate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
I can't see him leaving but seeing him in AEW could be interesting.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around. He seems happy and he’s been treated well by the company.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Owens vs Balor for a world title on night one, please.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Yeah, I don't see Kevin Owens ever leaving WWE. He also doesn't have a reason to at this point.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It doesn't seem like him or Sami really entertained leaving much in 2021 so I can't see any reason why they would now barring the company just deciding they don't want to spend as much on talent for some dumb reason

Reactions: Dale

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Gonna use the contract negotiations to get his match at Mania again, love to see it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
the time to change spots was in 21 when the position of each company was reversed, he didn't leave then so it seems extremely unlikely he would leave now