• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kenny Dykstra Retires From Wrestling

Chris

Dreams are Endless
kennyretirement.jpeg

Image: WWE

Source: f4wonline.com
Former WWE World Tag Team Champion Kenn Doane (formerly known as Kenny Dykstra) has announced his retirement from in-ring competition.

"I’ve decided to retire from in ring wrestling," the 35-year-old Doane tweeted on Tuesday morning. "When I started at 13 I thought I’d retire at 40. But smart investments overtime have allowed me to be done now. I’m in my prime, and that will go towards my family and being a father. Thanks to the fans who stuck by me."

Beyond Wrestling thanked Doane for the work he did for their promotion and wished him good luck going forward: "An unsung hero of Uncharted Territory. Thank you and good luck!"

Doane was trained by Killer Kowalski before signing with WWE developmental. Doane was a member of The Spirit Squad in WWE and held the World Tag Team titles as part of the group.

The Spirit Squad debuted on Raw in January 2006 and were disbanded in November of that year. Doane later had a singles run in WWE before being released in 2008.

In 2016, The Spirit Squad's Doane and Mike Mondo returned to WWE as part of The Miz's feud with their former Spirit Squad stablemate Dolph Ziggler but weren't signed to the company.

Doane and Mondo appeared in MLW's Battle Riot match in 2018 and wrestled for the promotion multiple times in 2019.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah power to him if he can just legit retire in peace at age 35 with a fairly mediocre career (being generous) behind him....musta been some smart investments as he said :lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Crazy he's only 35 lol.

Wonder how his career would have turned out had he not had all the issues he went through, dude was athletic as fuck I seem to remember and pretty sure he was presented as the star of the group if you can call it that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Crazy he's only 35 lol.

Wonder how his career would have turned out had he not had all the issues he went through, dude was athletic as fuck I seem to remember and pretty sure he was presented as the star of the group if you can call it that.

He was def the one they planned on pushing right after the group ended too :lol that just fell through

Dale

Super Moderator
Didn't he have some kind of singles attempt on SmackDown, I wanna say with Victoria or something?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Didn't he have some kind of singles attempt on SmackDown, I wanna say with Victoria or something?

Yeah definitely, I think he just had this and a few other plans that were dropped soon after they started for a year or so and that was pretty much it for his WWE career.

Cwalker

John Cena fuckin Mickie James really ruined any chance this dude had at a legit singles run. The company wanted to get behind him.

But good for him; to be able to retire at 35. I’m sure he’s invested wisely and he’s living his best life

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Crazy he's only 35 lol.

Yeah Dystrka def had potential

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
He was an arrogant, young punk backstage. If he just hit the Indies after bein' humbled, he probably would have got another chance in WWE a few years later. I hope he understands life better now and he focuses on his Family.