Ken Shamrock Calls CM Punk A “Spoiled Brat,” Claims Triple H Doesn’t Like Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Shamrock screaming his head off and looking batshit crazy was great imo. A bit for the wrong reasons but still.

Especially when he saved Steph from the ministry the first time. I just imagine him bursting into whatever dark hole they had her in covered in blood from beating up Christian, screaming his lunges out, making poor Steph even more afraid.

It was a bit narmy.

And I have to agree with Seabs. I've never understood the Shamrock love. Shamrock was decent, but he really wasn't anything all that special in professional wrestling.

He was good, in his prime, in MMA (or so I've heard....I don't know that much about MMA), and his character opened the door for similar ones that have been so much better executed (including Goldberg's WWE character, Lesnar's current character, and Undertaker's ABA/Big Evil persona), but he's really nothing special.

Bring on the flamers.

wk

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
It was a bit narmy.

And I have to agree with Seabs. I've never understood the Shamrock love. Shamrock was decent, but he really wasn't anything all that special in professional wrestling.

He was good, in his prime, in MMA (or so I've heard....I don't know that much about MMA), and his character opened the door for similar ones that have been so much better executed (including Goldberg's WWE character, Lesnar's current character, and Undertaker's ABA/Big Evil persona), but he's really nothing special.

Bring on the flamers.

wk
... and who could forget Kurt Angle's wrestling machine gimmick in 2006. That was the only Angle incarnation i could stomach. What's not to love about wanting to hurt people?
Bless Shamrock's for wanting to break a cat's neck simply because he felt like it... just snap it in two... go home and drink a hot beverage... it must feel awesome.... if it didn't then why did Ken look so happy doing it?
The only thing more awesome then Ken Shamrock completely losing his mind after blowing a fool up is when Blackman ran Shamrock over in a car...got out to check on Shamrock... put his sunglasses on... hopped back in the car and drove away

Start at about 7:05 and watch completely blow a fuse over absolutely nothing

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
It was a bit narmy.

Bring on the flamers.

wk

ARE U FUCKIN JOKING!? Ken was a great wrestler! What he need was manger to do the mic talking for him! HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WWE CHAMPION!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
ARE U FUCKIN JOKING!? Ken was a great wrestler! What he need was manger to do the mic talking for him! HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WWE CHAMPION!

Eh, he really wasn't worthy of becoming WWF Champion. And I'm not just judging him based on his individual talent and worth and asking whether he was worthy of holding the world title, I'm thinking back to the roster back then and wondering if he was good enough to warrant putting the focus of the promotion onto him and away from whoever else for at least a few months by giving him the strap. And I''m thinking no, he wasn't. When Undertaker was champ during almost half of 1997, Shamrock was still a relatively new performer and totally unworthy of holding the title. During 1998 and 1999, Steve Austin was tearing it up as the hottest new babyface that wrestling had seen since Hulk Hogan and The Rock and Triple H (performers more talented than Shamrock in pretty much every area) were coming to prominence as well. I know they booked Shamrock to win the 1998 KOTR (which I still felt should have gone to The Rock... I still think it would have been awesome to say that Austin, Triple H and The Rock all won the KOTR tournament back to back) but like with Billy Gunn the following year, that proved to go nowhere. He ended up leaving in the fall of '99.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Eh, he really wasn't worthy of becoming WWF Champion. And I'm not just judging him based on his individual talent and worth and asking whether he was worthy of holding the world title, I'm thinking back to the roster back then and wondering if he was good enough to warrant putting the focus of the promotion onto him and away from whoever else for at least a few months by giving him the strap. And I''m thinking no, he wasn't. When Undertaker was champ during almost half of 1997, Shamrock was still a relatively new performer and totally unworthy of holding the title. During 1998 and 1999, Steve Austin was tearing it up as the hottest new babyface that wrestling had seen since Hulk Hogan and The Rock and Triple H (performers more talented than Shamrock in pretty much every area) were coming to prominence as well. I know they booked Shamrock to win the 1998 KOTR (which I still felt should have gone to The Rock... I still think it would have been awesome to say that Austin, Triple H and The Rock all won the KOTR tournament back to back) but like with Billy Gunn the following year, that proved to go nowhere. He ended up leaving in the fall of '99.

Uh well The Rock won the WWE Title later that year in 1998 instead giving him it should have gong to Ken b/c Ken beat him at KOTR which though at tat time was going get in to the wwe title hunt but insead he just b/c Rock bitch for vince which reterd! As much as great Rock become which I still thing even Ken won the wwe title over The Rock in 1998 Rock would still have been WWE Champion later on so yes I think Ken should at that time! And he should have been with Vince. And then Rock could stay badyface since people were over with him as the people champion!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
He said great matches, not great opponents. :pipebomb:

wk

King of The Ring 1998 with The Rock
Royal Rumble 1998 The Rock
DX 1997 HBK sadly the match end gayly
His match on Raw against Stone Cold
Week before S.Seris on Raw he was great match with Bret that end dq!

any other question!?

Status
Not open for further replies.