Kassius Ohno Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Damn. I wish he would have at least debuted on Raw/SD before being released.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I mean, I know he was out of shape but... he actually looked better than JBL for most of JBL's run with the company aside from his debut.
But JBL was on the road. He was in NXT which tours around Florida, has a performance center with the best equipment, catering for the guys, and all. He really has access to his home most times. It's such an easy way to test your habits. Take care of yourself reasonably and just shake your head yes and no, and he would be called up.

Its not a Indy hate thing at all. Harper, Neville, Paige, Ambrose, Rollins, Emma, Graves, Woods, Sasha, Bailey, and Sammy off the top of my head are all Indy talents who have deals and stay in shape down there while also putting on much better performances. Then there's wwe created talented like Langston, Ascension, Bo, Reigns, Bray, Eric, Summer who do the same.

You have to remember he failed his entry testing. The gave him another shot when guys like Nigel and Axl for instance were told buzz off after. He got fat, and they sent him home to lose weight. Top it off with he's not even a top 15 worker on NXT including the girls when he should have been.

I really doubt you you would see Bryan, Punk, Del Rio for example be granted an opportunity like this NXT with top production value, a performance center, multiple agents, and so on at their feet and drop the ball because of their attitude even if they felt they were above it because the current NXT is so much bigger than OVW, FCW, or DSW. Stuff like this is why I always laugh when people bash a guy like Miz who would jump thru any hoop for a shot to even be there and prove himself

I'm sure we all have had that class, seminar, training session, or practice where we couldn't give a flying fuck what was screamed at us but knew it had to be done and just shook out head and said yes or no and put in enough effort to pass.

This truly is a bummer as I was hoping to see him on the main roster. Shit, working with Cesaro could have helped him loads! Real shame, but I guess we still have the indy circuit. Not sure if I want to see him on TNA just because I don't think they'll be able to use him as properly as he deserves. Mind you, if the work ethic thing is legit, I have no sympathy. You gotta bust your ass for that WWE paycheck!
I think swagger clicking with Cesaro was a nail in the coffin.

I would probably like TNA if he's not booked like Wolfe was, come in hot for a month, get beat, and then really fall thru the cracks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I personally didn't see what the big deal about this guy was, just because you are a friend of somebody good, it doesn't mean you are good by mere association.

All I seen was a tall guy with a beard, love handles and skinny arms portraying some shooter. Looks like the guy the bouncer would beat up on the side of the building imo. Saw some of his indy work, was typical stuff with movesets lifted from Fire Pro Wrestling, and he was a goofy character, but not funny....Like a Colt Cobana. \

Weez

Reaction score
I thought he looked in MUCH better shape when he came back, probably the best shape I've ever seen him in. I mean, this was a guy that wrestled in the Indies in a fucking Tshirt FFS, I hope you didn't expect John Morrison definition under it.

I've seen his work in the Indies and on NXT, and while I Like his style, I don't know if he was one that could have adapted to the WWE style and been successful.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I thought he looked in MUCH better shape when he came back, probably the best shape I've ever seen him in. I mean, this was a guy that wrestled in the Indies in a fucking Tshirt FFS, I hope you didn't expect John Morrison definition under it.

I've seen his work in the Indies and on NXT, and while I Like his style, I don't know if he was one that could have adapted to the WWE style and been successful.

Don't forget the superhero outfit to go with that Tommy Dreamer t-shirt pants combo. If he was as talented as people say, maybe he would've been spared if he was under 25. Atleast then you have more time to develop that guy, but at his age....hopeless, so fuck off if you gon act like that, a big reason why WWE is leery on signing Indy darlings, as most think they already know everything and have done something.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
He was in better shape and tan when he was released but theres still 10 guys better,younger,and with more potential than him at nxt so screw him.with that it must be said that most great tagteams have a marty jeanetty in them and so is true with the k.o.w. hero is in the jeanetty zone but hay theres worst people to be than jeanetty.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
MVP says that too, but he's like 50. Think he has a better shot than Ohnoo tbh.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He got handed a shit gimmick and a terrible look, not surprised he had no enthusiasm for the job.

He's been in rasslin for long enough to know drawing the short straw isn't always the end though. Undertaker made a success out of a zombie gimmick ffs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What was shit about his gimmick? Generic enough to make sure he got over by himself. His fault he played a badass while looking like a lazy ass.

Or@The Cork are you talking about MVP?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[MENTION=718]The Cork[/MENTION], How are you gonna' call this a terrible look 8D

hipsterohno.png

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Isn't just the way he dresses? Second only to HBK in terrible fashion choices.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What was shit about his gimmick? Generic enough to make sure he got over by himself. His fault he played a badass while looking like a lazy ass.

Or@The Cork are you talking about MVP?

Naw I can't buy into this scrawny ass muthafukka with a beer belly being some KO artist. He never hit a gym in his life (and on ROH wages, prol couldn't afford membership) and whut was with that "oh noes its OHNO" sheit he used to shout.

[MENTION=718]The Cork[/MENTION], How are you gonna' call this a terrible look 8D

hipsterohno.png

:lol:

I only ever saw him looking like a bum ass hobo in Hulk Hogan's hand-me-down pants.