Kai

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Rate the WrestleMania Day 23- WrestleMania 23

WrestleMania 22 tied WrestleMania X8 to come out to 2nd place, next up is a bonus WrestleMania in the Rate the WrestleMania Series, last night’s WrestleMania 23!
wm23.jpg

WrestleMania 23 came to you from Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan on April 1, 2007.

Results:

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Mr. Kennedy def. Edge, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, CM Punk, King Booker, Finlay, and Randy Orton

The Great Khali def. Kane

United States Championship
Chris Benoit def. MVP

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker def. Batista

ECW Originals def. The New Breed

Battle of the Billionaires Hair vs. Hair Match (Stone Cold as Guest Ref)
Donald Trump’s Bobby Lashley def. Vince McMahon’s Umaga

Women’s Championship LumberJill Match
Melina def. Ashley

WWE Championship
John Cena def. Shawn Michaels

This was definitely an underdog Mania, I thought it would blow balls, but it came through big time. 9/10

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
8/10 it definatly delivered like I though it would I always had hope for this Mania and i was right,it would be alot higher if HBK won it though.It would be 10/10 if Matt Hardy won MITB but i guess not.

Switchy

Reaction score
Great Altogether Show But Could Have Done With A Couple Of Tag Team Matches And Using Some Of The Unused Talent In A Battle Royal Or Somethin'
7/10 Good Show I Definately Underestimated It

Montana

7.5/10

I raised my score slightly after viewing the video opposed to live. The Show was basically 5 matches. No real surprises, or shockers. Too predictable, but still a good show. I might have raised if HHH came out and HBK rolled Cena on his back during the STFU for the 3. But All in all, Cena is the cornerstone, and no surprise he won. Batista stepped up his game, and MVP actually looked better than Beniot.

Oasis

Reaction score
8/10, there were a few good matches but Kane/Khali and the ECW match sucked

03mnm

Reaction score
9/10 on paper it was going to be the worst Wrestlemania ever but damn did it shocked everyone. Kudos to the WWE they sure know how to put on a show. Batista V taker was the match of the night a valid effort by Batista but the Deadman was the better man in the end. HBK V Cena was also good and Money in the bank.

Defiant One

Reaction score
A couple good matches. MITB, WHC, WWE title, and US Title gotta agree with MattHardyV1 if HBK had won the WWE Title and Matt hardy had won the MITB ladder match id give it a better grade but Kennedy is pretty good in his right, and myself along with just about everyone else is damn tired of Cena having that belt. 6.5 out of 10

Wrestling Station

great WM, the best match for sure was Batista vs Taker, Batista carried a good match tonight.

solid 9/10

Reaction score
Should have been a non-event and somehow managed to be consistently entertaining.

MITB was a riot, MVP looked great against Benoit, the ECW match was sensibly brief and to the point, Hair vs Hair was entertaining (if not exactly a mat classic), Batista vs 'taker was brilliant (definitely Batista's greatest match) and even Kane and Khali defied the odds by being passable.
The women's match was, as always, rubbish but it involved fine ass women rolling around with each other so that's fine by me. The biggest let down for me was Cena/HBK, which I felt sure would be the classic that Cena has long needed and perhaps would have been if it wasn't ten minutes too long.

8/10 a surprisingly great event.

Beer Money Army

7/10 i have to say some matches surpired me

mitb excelelnt
kane/khali sucked
MVP/benoit was great
taker vs Batista was good. batista finally wrestled decent the u.warrior wannabe.
divas match sucked
ecw match sucked
lashley vs umaga was good
HBk vs cena was good except for no sell of cena.

borderline of 6.5 - 7/10

WM 17 still eats shit over it.

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
I would definitely give it an 8 out of 10. Minus the Melina/Ashley and Kane/Kali matches it was rather good.

Nation

8.5/10

Kane vs. Khali (Not the best match obviously but i found it watchable and it relived one of the greatest moments in history)

ECW Orginals vs. New Breed (Sucked but at least the orginals got the win)

Melina vs. Ashley (Sucked but who cares? Melina and the rest of the divas looked hot)

Benoit vs. MVP (Short match but still a great one)

BOTB (The match sucked ass but at least austin was the ref which gave some entertainment)

MITB (I wanted orton to win but Kennedy was my second favorite and it was a great match)

Batista vs. Taker (Batista steped up and delivered a great match)

Cena vs. HBK (Might have stolen the show great match)

Axis

6/10

It was a two-match PPV for $50.

And I wasn't there for voting, but how the HELL did WrestleMania tie for 2nd best of all time?

xtremebadass

22 tied with X8 for 2nd place, here is the board excluiding Mania 23

Rate the WrestleMania

1)96-WrestleMania X-Seven
2) 89-WrestleMania X8
2)89-WrestleMania 22
3) 88-WrestleMania 21
4) 87-WrestleMania X
5) 86-WrestleMania 2000
6) 85-WresteMania XIX
7) 83-WrestleMania XII
7) 83-WrestleMania III