Just a Rant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Normally, I am a real laid back type of guy, often times saying "fuck it" when it pertains to instances of society being so consumer driven. However, as of late, I have been a bit peeved. I can't wrap my head around the concept of "keeping up appearance" as it were. So many times, I see people on Facebook, Twitter, and in general public trying their hardest to make it seem like they are superstars in life, when in reality, they live on welfare and can't even pay their own fucking rent. I am not one to show off what they have, nor do I brag about it, so I suppose it's hard for me to be empathetic toward those that are not like me in that sense. However, I find it sad that people feel the need to maintain some sort of lifestyle that is far beyond their means, in an effort to impress a bunch of people that they either don't associate with or do not care for to begin with. It bothers me that this consumer driven society pushes people to the point of telling them that they have to be in possession of certain material items for them to be current. I feel that society has lost their sense of autonomy along the way, but I can't exactly pinpoint when it happened. What ever happened to following your own path, having your own style, or even expressing your own opinion?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
It's just the way the world works at the moment, too focused on material goods and not caring about the things that matter.

Not the case for everyone of course, just for a lot of people.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Remember, whoever has the most things when they die wins!

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Remember, whoever has the most things when they die wins!

That seems to be the mind frame in a nutshell lol. I can't stand that shit, drives me crazy, especially when said people attempt to impress me with vast array of useless shit that will get them nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I feel you on that one Booty. I get mad even where I work at, I have a lady on foodstamps and working here and she just got hired like 6 months ago and she is stating that she makes more than I do. I have been here 2 years linger and am in a supervisory role. I am not on foodstamps nor do I plan to be I am not a mooch off the government like that but damn. My degree is even higher than hers why would she be making more and she can't even do her job correctly I am always putting out fires that she starts because she is a fucking moron.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
huh? I didn't say anything in this thread Chop

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
huh? I didn't say anything in this thread Chop

For some reason I thought you started the rant. My bad.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I would express my opinion on this but I may upset some of the sensitive sissies on here again. However, Cyrus I do feel your pain. I'm just sitting back waiting for society to crumble, then take every goddamn thing those people have, even down to their last can of beans.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
So many people are so obsessed with fame to the point where they pull out every stop to be like the person they're obsessed with. The problem with that is they forget as to what they made that star famous - the character itself. People are so obsessed with trends and what not that they forget to develop the character which made the person that way in the first place.

The unfortunate thing is that some stars now a days lack character and are more focused on how they look for their next carpet appearance. One reason why I don't have a lot of respect for Miley Cyrus. She twerks with no clothing on in front of a live audience and she doesn't even have a nice ass.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I would express my opinion on this but I may upset some of the sensitive sissies on here again. However, Cyrus I do feel your pain. I'm just sitting back waiting for society to crumble, then take every goddamn thing those people have, even down to their last can of beans.

I'd like you to give your honest opinion regardless of how many feathers it ruffles. I do share your sentiments on watching things crumble. There's a part of me that enjoys watching the superficially powerful fall from grace.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
From a personal standpoint I believe it's important to keep up with fashion because it makes you seem professional, and geez, who can't help but love the dirty looks women give you when you know you're dressed sharp? But do I believe it defines who people are? Absolutely not.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I can understand keeping up for the right reasons, but living beyond your means and trying to keep up only to gain acceptance by others is where I start to become disgusted with people. There's a level of fraudulence involved that evolves into my loathing of said person.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on the person and what they're like. If they come from a not so well off background and they have skills and character to promote themselves at something, than they should dress professionally. However I believe dressing above your class with nothing to show is fake and, well, we all know what I think about that.

Joey

Reaction score
It's honestly because we're human. Everyone does it. I kind of just let it fly. If they want to waste countless years impressing one and other thats all fine and dandy. I'll do what i'm doing over here.