JR/Mick Foley, MVP angle at house shows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Jim Ross posted another blog entry this afternoon on his official website. Here are the highlights: Recent lunch with TNA Superstar Mick Foley: "I had lunch Thursday in Miami with Mick Foley who is related to marriage to the Oklahoma offensive line coach James Patton. Mick was down with his Dad to attend the BCS National Championship game. Mick wanted to buy lunch but I told him it would kill his image and that "the boys" wouldn't believe it any way. Luckily, the famously frugal Foley will never be broke." The latest on "Dr. Death" Steve Williams: "Dr. Death is now working for Southwest Airlines in Denver and doing really well. We still want to raise 18K to help Doc get a "hands free" devise installed in his throat so he can more easily communicate. Yours truly is flying SW Monday to KC to meet up with the "World's Angriest Announcer." The upcoming Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir UFC match: "Sources say that the Lesnar vs. Mir fight might take place in Montreal but I feel that Vegas is more likely and certainly Las Vegas can use the economic shot in the arm. Plus Vegas is the UFC HQ."

WWE is running an angle at house shows, where MVP gets frustrated after his loss and then quits the company. They have been doing the angle for close to a week, including last night's house show in Poplar Bluff, MO, after a match with Kizarny. The feeling is that they are testing it out so that they can eventually run it on TV. They've been doing this for weeks now.

source: prowrestlingscoops.com
---------------
I wonder if they will do the mvp angle on tv. If so, they better come up with something better than just "I quit".

CenaHardy

Reaction score
What are you talking about Mr. Raw? There's no way they could have a wrestling match inside someones house.

But I hope this means MVP really did quit.

Vandy316

Reaction score
seriously man get off of this forum. i dont care if u really are ten cause if you are then there is no reason for u to be on here. if u arent then u r being really fuckin annoying and pissing everyone off.

i hope they follow through with the storyline because that would mean that he would finally get a victory and push he has deserved for a long while

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
lmao thats the funniest post I have ever read, I hate the kid but thats hilarious

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Ironicly, on the Smackdown vs RAW game, MVP has a "I Quit" storyline. But I doubt that's how this one will turn out. I figured that for MVP's losing to go on for so long, that it'd be a huge push to come out of it, but I don't see how going with the I Quit way, how that would accumulate to a big push.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I like the angle of MVP quitting. I think MVP will be a top babyface in the future, this might actually lead to some type of World Title rein.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^ See, that's the same thing I was thinking, that after this many month (don't know exactly how many) of MVP losing and being jobbed out, that it would end in a big push, possibly a world title reign, and turning face in the process. But if they go with this I quit angle, how would that go. Only way I could see this going is that he complains that he's tired of losing and wants all his money back, giving all these demands, if he doesn't get it he quits. That wouldn't make him face, he'd just turn into the complaining heel. So I think it'd be interesting to see how this goes for him.

Reaction score
I'm anticipating them really doing something with him soon. I'm sick of Khali, Festus, Ezekiel Jackson, Jimmy Wang Yang and the countless blonde Divas that can't wrestle taking up Smackdown air time. Seriously. If they wanted to give Kizarny and MVP a 60 minute Iron Man Match for 3 weeks straight I woudn't complain.

Airfixx

^^^How the fuck can you be a Kizzarny mark already?

As for the the "I quit" stuff at house shows.... Is it me or is that really dumb? ...I mean, how many people that go to house shows won't be watching TV the following week only to see MVP on their screens again?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^^ Haven't they done that stuff like that in the past though, testing out storylines at house shows before actually using them?

Airfixx

A run-in or an attack here and there isn't really that big a deal, but how many times can one man quit the same job?

Vandy316

Reaction score
apparently vince keeps re-hiring him

EDIT: damn this was kindve a dumb post

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
^^ wtf?

I think MVP making a move to Raw might be good, give him the IC title and put him more over. I wouldn't complain about ECW too.