JR Comments On WM24 Rumors, HOF, HBK vs. Rock, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbk4894

Reaction score
Jim Ross has updated his blog at his official website, jrsbarbq.com. Below are some highlights:

WrestleMania 24 Rumors
- I have no clue who is spreading the rumors of a potential Ric Flair vs. Sting match at Wrestlemania 24. I would be shocked if that bout is even being considered, much less if it would ever occur. I feel that it is wishful thinking on the part of some long time fans, and nothing more than that.

Mr. McMahon
- Mr. McMahon is a shoo-in to be in the WWE Hall of Fame at any time. Love him or hate him no one can dispute Vince McMahon’s contributions to the wrestling business. I don’t know when, but I feel it is a guarantee that this will happen… perhaps at the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania in 2009.

WWE Hall of Fame
- I have no idea if there is going to be a Fan Axxcess or not at WM24, but I assume WWE Hall of Fame tickets will be available soon. Perhaps in the early part of 2008.

Rarely Watches TNA's broadcast
- With my schedule, as I have said before, I do not watch ROH DVDS and rarely watch a TNA broadcast. In my current role, I am not scouting talent, but I would assume someone at the WWE watches these programs to scout prospective new hires. Some idiot will take my busy schedule as a sign of me “losing my passion,â€￾ which is absolutely brilliant. Not.

Mr. Kennedy Headlining WM24
- I never knew that the WWE had plans for Mr. Kennedy to headline WM24. That’s news to me. Kirk Herbstreit is a great guy and I heard he gave me a shout out during the OU-Mizzou game, but Brent Mushberger is a classic old school, main stream sports announcer and those guys rarely acknowledge that wrestling even exists, which is sad.

Owen Hart in WWE Hall of Fame?
-Chances of seeing Owen Hart in the WWE HOF someday? Excellent. The chances of seeing Angle, Lesnar, and Goldberg in the WWE again? Slim.

HBK vs. The Rock?
- To the best of my knowledge, HBK and The Rock has never been in the ring together under any situation. It is “highly unlikelyâ€￾ that they ever will.

Fonzie 522

Reaction score
I didn't really hear any of these rumors but JR pretty much made them clear. He is pretty much right about everything I do believe Kennedy could headline Mania though

Vandy316

Reaction score
there actually was talks about kennedy headlining Mania, remember after he won the MITB, he was waiting for 24 to cash it in but ive never heard of the others except for the 3 coming back and Owen

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, I don't see the point on asking anything to JR. He will not say anything the WWE won't let him, so to ask him about future storylines is plain dumb.